Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Ivrnet

Notices

Old 07-10-2017, 08:55 PM   #1
Heavy Jack
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Brian 'Griff' Griffiths & the Heavy Jack 3

Dial the clock of time back all the way to late 1990's and you'll find the guitar player of our band and months later the bassist begin to take lessons from a legend of the guitar; a guitar player who grew up in England during the the late 50's and early 60's playing along side and teaching greats like John Lennon and George Harrison of the Beatles and being an influence to other greats like Steve Howe from Yes and Rory Gallagher. They would take lessons from him from nearly 3 years before moving on to Vancouver in a quest to record their music and have a bigger place to grow.

Now fast forward the clock 15 years or so and Brian reunites with the Heavy Jack 3 for a show to be played at the National Music Center for a night that focuses on remembering and honoring a great guitar legend that quietly went on to teach many other students of his craft while being a true unsung hero of a time that inspires so many musicians past and present to this very day.

During the weeks leading up to the show we rehearsed with Brian in earnest and developed a solid set of songs for the night of which we have been able to realize into an album of sorts that we are quite proud of!

Below is a link to a song from the album and it is a cover of the Dylan great 'I'll be your baby tonight' -- Enjoy!

I'll Be Your Baby Tonight

Brian Griffiths - Rhythm Guitar, Guitar Solo
Ben Falk - Rhythm Guitar / Lead Guitar, Vocals
Adam Falk - Bass Guitar, Synth, Rhythm Guitar
Jon Falk - Drums

3 songs from What Is Love:
Hey There Mama
Lucy Long Legs
No Two Ways

Last edited by Heavy Jack; 07-10-2017 at 09:00 PM.
Heavy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 09:45 PM   #2
puffnstuff
First Line Centre

Exp:

Why you guys arent called Falk You Brian Griffiths is beyond me.
puffnstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 03:26 AM   #3
Heavy Jack
Franchise Player

Exp:

Excellent response, very original..

Hey There Mama
Lucy Long Legs
No Two Ways
Old 07-11-2017, 09:39 PM   #4
Mike F
Franchise Player

Exp:

Mike F is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 03:16 PM   #5
Heavy Jack
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just released new free album -

Brian Griffiths & The Heavy Jack 3 - " G R I F F "

Brian “Griff” Griffiths was a mythical figure on the early 60s Merseybeat Scene in Liverpool UK. His influence was far-reaching and he left his mark on members of The Beatles, Steve Howe and Rory Gallagher among others.

For us - he was our guitar teacher during our earliest years in music. Where he had a lasting impact on how we furthered our music education autodidactically throughout the years after we moved on from guitar lessons.

At some point in 2014 an opportunity presented itself for The Heavy Jack 3 to team up with Brian Griffiths and perform at a show for Some Other Guys.

In the lead up to the show, several jam sessions were recorded in the basement of our last house in Calgary Alberta.

These sessions sat filed away for 3 years – and while researching old project files for a remix of an earlier Heavy Jack 3 album, I found Bring It On Home To Me and decided to play around with mixing the song.

Upon working on the song I realized the potential for a collection of songs that could fuse our artistic sensibilities with a time long gone to create a classic British Rock & Roll album. So I began digging through the sessions for the best take of each song we had rehearsed for that show in 2014.

The tracks contained within this album showcase the guitar wizardry of the legendary Brian “Griff” Griffiths working within the framework of a first class band.

Cheers,
Adam Falk

Guitar Solo Legend:

1. Some Other Guy – Brian Griffiths
2. That’s Alright Mama – 1st Solo Ben Falk , 2nd Solo Brian Griffiths
3. I’ll Be Your Baby Tonight – Brian Griffiths
4. “ G R I F F ” – Brian Griffiths & Ben Falk
5. Bring It On Home To Me – Brian Griffiths
6. Reelin’ & Rockin’ – 1st Solo Ben Falk, 2nd Solo Brian Griffiths
7. Stand By Me – Main Solo Brian Griffiths, Lead Lines / End Solo Ben Falk
8. BOOTLEG – Brian Griffiths & Ben Falk

Free to listen and download:

Listen to full album on SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/theheavyjack3...hree-g-r-i-f-f

Download full album from google drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7...DViMG1YWWdqYmM

Hey There Mama
Lucy Long Legs
No Two Ways
The Following User Says Thank You to Heavy Jack For This Useful Post: