Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-15-2016, 09:50 AM   #41
Burninator
Franchise Player

Exp:

So no legal way to watch this in Canada then?
Burninator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 11:16 PM   #42
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm sure they'll find someone to sell their content too after Shomi goes away. But hopefully it happens sooner than later.

I read last week on reddit some people emailed amazon about it and got a reply saying that it would be available in Canada. But when asked for details all they were told was "stay tuned." To me that just says it'll come, but months after the shows initial release.
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 08:23 AM   #43
Arsenal14
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
I'm sure they'll find someone to sell their content too after Shomi goes away. But hopefully it happens sooner than later.

I read last week on reddit some people emailed amazon about it and got a reply saying that it would be available in Canada. But when asked for details all they were told was "stay tuned." To me that just says it'll come, but months after the shows initial release.
They just put out a video announcing a global release in December. http://amazon.co.uk/gtglobal

Not sure how that is going to work but they said it will include access to all episodes that have already aired plus the new ones.
Arsenal14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 11:08 AM   #44
HotHotHeat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Unreal. Even the world of online streaming thinks users are willing to wait to access content.
HotHotHeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 11:28 AM   #45
gottabekd
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

On the one hand, yes, ridiculous a company like Amazon can't get their #### together to launch this globally from day one.

On the other, at least it is coming relatively soon. Not like, 2018 or something. More exciting is what this might mean for other Amazon originals that Canadians currently cannot throw money at anyone to watch. Who knows how long it will be before the full Amazon Video service will be available in Canada, but at least the ability to spend a couple of bucks per episode (à la iTunes or Google Play) will be welcome for some.
gottabekd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 11:34 AM   #46
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

lol no one under the age of 40 is probably going to wait to watch this legally.
polak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 02:59 PM   #47
GreatWhiteEbola
First Line Centre

Exp:

For those looking to view this on Amazon The Grand Tour will launch 00:01 GMT or 7:01 pm EST on November 17, 2016. Or 5:01 pm, if you’re in MST. Should be available tomorrow evening for those looking for it in Calgary.

Twitter link

GreatWhiteEbola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 03:01 PM   #48
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

It is going to be epic!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2016, 01:38 PM   #49
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/amazon-g...ice-1479414380

so it wasnt just this, Amazon is making prime available worldwide it sounds like

this is great
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to d_phaneuf For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2016, 05:05 PM   #50
GreatWhiteEbola
First Line Centre

Exp:

Anyone watching right now?!?

GreatWhiteEbola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 08:35 PM   #51
Stealth22
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Just as a PSA, you can watch it legally.

Sign up for the 30 day trial of US Amazon Prime...it works with Canadian billing addresses. The Grand Tour happens to be one of the shows that isn't geo-blocked! It works in Canada!!!

Cancel before the 30 days is up, and you don't pay a dime. Hopefully by then, it will be launching worldwide.

Worst case scenario, it costs $10 USD to renew it for a month.
Stealth22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 12:29 PM   #52
longsuffering
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatWhiteEbola View Post
Anyone watching right now?!?
FYI, episode 1 is available using Kodi.
longsuffering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 02:28 PM   #53
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

That was....

That was 70 minutes of the guys tying down BBC's Top Gear and stomping on their testicles.

That was just a masterpiece.

Old Top Gear on steroids was what that was. If you havent seen it, see it.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2016, 03:04 PM   #54
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

If I'm Matt LeBlanc and I just watched that I'd probably quit. I mean, I wouldnt because if I'm Matt LeBlanc finding work has been tough, but Top Gear is now a very distant second-fiddle.

Evans is lucky he already quit or was fired because watching this would be depressing for him. It is just that much unequivocally better.

I think too much was thought of as "oh, they're just the presenters, they can be replaced" without considering how much direction and vision they brought to the production of the show.

Its like an old friend is back and better than ever.

They signed a 3-year contract, if the next 35 episodes are like this one then when it comes time to re-sign their contracts this is going to be the most expensive show....in the world!

If it isnt already.

And I get a huge kick out of Jeremy delicately skirting the law on what he is and isnt allowed to say.

Old 11-19-2016, 03:36 PM   #55
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

It was very entertaining. I only watched bits of the old show, maybe I should go back and watch it! A bit of it felt a little forced, but it's episode one. I get that they have to stick it to their old bosses a bit.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 10:18 PM   #56
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Really enjoyable

Episode 1 was always going to just be massive so I dont think you see every week that big but the formula is there and its instantly like old tg

Forgot how much I missed it
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to d_phaneuf For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2016, 10:34 PM   #57
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

That was awesome! Lived up to the hype. Great to see the boys back on a show, their camaraderie is incredible
M*A*S*H 4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to M*A*S*H 4077 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2016, 02:32 PM   #58
Meelapo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

The cars in the show were great. I found that the presenters seemed to be over acting a bit too much. A lot of it didn't seem to flow as well as it did when they were in a studio.
Meelapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 10:17 AM   #59
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelapo View Post
The cars in the show were great. I found that the presenters seemed to be over acting a bit too much. A lot of it didn't seem to flow as well as it did when they were in a studio.
I agree, I could've done without the USA, USA stuff. They used to be hostile and uppity to the crowd. This episode they were pandering to the American audience and the self deprecation felt off, forced and drawn out. I fear we will continually be hit over the head with how dangerous the track is and how Mike Skinner hates this and that but can live with it if there is no more scripted clowning with the audience segments. Top Gear was at its best when the presenters where able to react naturally so, just get to it.

But, I liked the fact that they made fun of the Star in a reasonably priced car segment (AKA the part everyone skips). Maybe Clarkson has finally realized he will never get a chat show. Boggles my mind that Chris Evans thought that making that segment longer was a good idea.

The cars and car segments were awesome.
Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Barnes For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2016, 11:45 AM   #60
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Everything was great about it besides the crowd. Im hopeful that the crowd bit was just cause it was the US and the first episode. They need just act natural like Barnes said.

Considering how that was a 2 minute segment and the rest of the show was spectacular: A+

Last edited by polak; 11-21-2016 at 04:00 PM.
polak is offline   Reply With Quote