Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2020, 10:47 PM   #3441
puffnstuff
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Would they build it where that Roundhouse is? Not sure its big enough or who owns it now.
puffnstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 11:28 PM   #3442
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffnstuff View Post
Would they build it where that Roundhouse is? Not sure its big enough or who owns it now.
It's a National Historic Site: https://www.historicplaces.ca/en/rep....aspx?id=12781
Old 11-29-2020, 12:25 PM   #3443
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

I'd love to add Springer. Big upgrade on Grichuk. Probably won't happen, but it's nice to see the Jays being aggressive this winter.

Quote:
That impacts the market for another Blue Jays target in George Springer, with whom they’ve progressed beyond just talking. Same thing with Michael Brantley, but while his left-handed bat and offensive profile are perfect for the batting order, how he fits defensively is less seamless. Since he’s limited to left field and DH, that means pushing Lourdes Gurriel Jr. out of a spot in which he just started settling in. The Blue Jays don’t mind creating redundancies – good luck keeping everyone happy, Charlie Montoyo! – but that also creates surplus to trade.
https://www.sportsnet.ca/mlb/article...far-done-deal/
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KootenayFlamesFan For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2020, 02:17 PM   #3444
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I could see LGJ being a trade chip if they signed a UFA left or right fielder. Use him to grab a starting pitcher, or even as part of a package for Lindor.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 01:48 AM   #3445
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1333271753213276165
Old 11-30-2020, 11:43 AM   #3446
mrkajz44
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleury View Post
And Sportsnet parting ways with Mike Wilner. The guy had a good knowledge of the game but possibly the most arrogant person working on their staff. Anytime anyone challenged him on his views in post game radio he'd either go off on them or disconnect. I didn't like him at all. It's one thing to be a hot head, but it's another thing to respond arrogantly and not allow a caller a rebuttal. I feel strongly about this one - good riddance.
He was a polarizing guy for sure, but I loved listening to him on the radio. I pretty much exclusively consume baseball via the radio, and I'm really disappointed he's gone. Listening to many other radio feeds, I can easily say I liked Wilner and Wagner the best. They kept things relatively light and were not "old white men" calling the game like many other teams have (and the Blue Jays used to have).
Old 11-30-2020, 12:34 PM   #3447
flamingred89
Franchise Player

Exp:

Have to admit I didn’t get the chance to listen to Wilmer all that often so I don’t really have an opinion on the matter. I do hope they replace him with somebody interesting though. After Zaun was let go they replaced him with the most boring individual on television in Joe Siddall. So please don’t go that route Rogers.

I’m liking all the rumours in relation to the Jays offseason so far. Hopefully one or two pan out. And with a slimmed down Vladdy(knock on wood) April can’t come soon enough.
flamingred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 12:41 PM   #3448
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm less enthralled with the position players that are being rumored. The Jays have a crazy infield, especially if Groshans is ready to take reps at third. They really only need an outfielder and a utility guy for position players, and then a #2 starter. If they can't get a #2, then a couple of high risk/high reward pitchers like Kluber and Walker, and I'm happy.

If they spend assets and take on a massive contract for an infielder, it will make me question their long term plan for the team. That said, if they see Wong as a utility infielder and defensive replacement, superfantastic.
Old 11-30-2020, 03:46 PM   #3449
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

“Jays target in George Springer, with whom they’ve progressed beyond just talking.”

Are they holding hands, kissing, ####ing, what?
Old 11-30-2020, 05:26 PM   #3450
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern2814 View Post
“Jays target in George Springer, with whom they’ve progressed beyond just talking.”

Are they holding hands, kissing, ####ing, what?

Likely actually putting words to paper and drawing up contracts

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blaster86 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2020, 08:13 PM   #3451
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1333953275952050177
The Following User Says Thank You to KootenayFlamesFan For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2020, 04:06 PM   #3452
flamingred89
Franchise Player

Exp:

Another day, another rumour. This time the Jays are rumoured to be in on Jean Segura from the Phillies.

This offseason is getting tiresome with all the talk and no action. I wonder what shoe teams are waiting for to drop?
flamingred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 04:18 PM   #3453
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingred89 View Post
Another day, another rumour. This time the Jays are rumoured to be in on Jean Segura from the Phillies.

This offseason is getting tiresome with all the talk and no action. I wonder what shoe teams are waiting for to drop?

This is kind of the deal with the Jays. Whether they sign guys or not they always have water carriers during the off season that help them push a "we're in on guys" narrative.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 06:06 PM   #3454
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1334301372100059140
Old 12-02-2020, 06:32 PM   #3455
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Meh
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 07:29 PM   #3456
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Moving on from Shaw and Cole is a step in the right direction. I'm sure they'll get someone they're in on. Doesn't seem like they're all in on any one player (nor should they as they're generally not the most attractive team to most players). I'm not a fan of bringing in a OFer as your premium paid player, but I do like the idea of Springer. I like prefer them to pay a premium and get a catcher as those are so hard to find. I don't feel the desire to upgrade the infield, as that I think we can live with. Pitchers I'd prefer going after next year when the team is really ready to lift off. All this would be in the ideal world where you can do things in sequence, but since it doesn't really work like that, I can see why the Jays are trying to get a variety of players and see how it fits. I don't like their OF at all, but those guys can generally be fixed through trades and drafting. Just my thought.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 09:27 PM   #3457
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

That's one reason why I'm ok with going after Walker and Kluber. I think that Walker could be had on a 2 year (3rd year club option) at a very reasonable rate, and Kluber a one year 'show me' deal.

If Bauer is really going to be a one year at a time mercenary for the rest of his career, make an offer every year.

Go after a co-ace next year.
Old 12-06-2020, 11:38 AM   #3458
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
1. A while ago, Iwrote of the possibility of Lindor traded to the Blue Jays.#I still think that has a chance. Toronto is loaded with prospects. I’ve been told the Indians would love to build a trade with Toronto with one of the players in return being Lourdes Gurriel.
Quote:
3. I also was told Lindor would consider signing a long-term deal to stay in Toronto. I doubt the Blue Jays’ front office (former Tribe executives Mark Shapiro and Ross Atkins) would make a significant deal for Lindor without a long-term commitment. So this would be a complicated deal.
https://www.cleveland.com/tribe/2020...mpression=true

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 06:09 PM   #3459
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

The Jays seem to be in on everybody. Not sure when the first domino will fall, but interested to see what direction they're going to go.

I like LGJ, so I hope there's not a ton more added if there is a Lindor deal to be made, but if he does sign an extension with the Jays I'm guessing it will be a pretty big trade. Hope Shapiro doesn't get fleeced.
Old 12-06-2020, 06:41 PM   #3460
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sign Springer
Trade LGJ plus, for Lindor and extend him
Sign Realmuto
Trade Jansen plus, for a high end starter

Sign another high end starter and a couple of high leverage bullpen arms.

That would be fun
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post: