Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2018, 09:14 AM   #41
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hate feeling nervous for Oiler games. These should be 2 points in the bank, similar to how it was from 2005-2015. Instead, we have this stupid losing streak going on that reminds me of the Anaheim curse.

Oiler fans have become smug about the past 2 seasons, forgetting about the 10 years prior, and really have a chance to put a nail in the Flames' coffin. You can bet they will likely show up for this one. McDavid is on a tear once again. Flames play like absolute crap at home and they know it.

I'm not one of the vocal leaders of the fire GG crowd. But goddamn if this team doesn't come out prepared and put up a good fight this game, heads better roll.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:16 AM   #42
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have a distant memory of the Flames shadowing 99 back in the 80's to negate his contribution to the game. Everywhere 99 went the Flames player went as well. IIRC, the Flames player was never farther than a couple of strides from 99.

I wonder if the Flames should take this approach with McDavid. Remove/frustrate him and Mulletville has nothing.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:32 AM   #43
OldSam
Franchise Player

Exp:

You honestly think a few f-bombs in practice will turn this team around? I doubt it. I would love the Flames to come out firing but like a lot of you, I have zero confidence they will do it. In spite of this, Go Flames Go!
Old 03-13-2018, 09:33 AM   #44
Hot_Flatus
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I haven't been watching much lately but will give this one a go. Even so, I'm pretty much resigned to the fact the team will find some new, demented way to blow this game and effectively end this farcical season once and for all.

Prove me wrong though boys.....if you have any pride left at all you would come out and throttle this team, for once, after nearly two season of incompetence against these losers.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:34 AM   #45
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just don't get why this team is so bad at home. They make mistakes that you shouldn't see a NHL team making.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:35 AM   #46
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
I have a distant memory of the Flames shadowing 99 back in the 80's to negate his contribution to the game. Everywhere 99 went the Flames player went as well. IIRC, the Flames player was never farther than a couple of strides from 99.

I wonder if the Flames should take this approach with McDavid. Remove/frustrate him and Mulletville has nothing.
McDavid didn't do anything last game until OT...Flames blew it
Old 03-13-2018, 09:40 AM   #47
Hot_Flatus
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
McDavid didn't do anything last game until OT...Flames blew it
Apply this statement to nearly all of the 36 losses this year.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:46 AM   #48
Jeff Lebowski
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I want CGY to not worry so much about the opposition - what they are going to do. I feel that's a contributing factor to why they play apprehensive at the start (they are waiting to see what happens).

The focus should be more on what the Flames' players are going to do to make something positive happen. Whatever they're good at, focus on doing that the best they can.

Most of all I'd like to see CGY have the mentality of leaving it all on the ice - go full throttle right from the opening faceoff.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:51 AM   #49
shotinthebacklund
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
There's going to be a lot of emotion on this forum today, either way this thing goes.

I think I might just avoid the forum today just so I don't get sucked into it.
After reading the first few pages of this thread, I'm with ya.
The Following User Says Thank You to shotinthebacklund For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2018, 09:51 AM   #50
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuss275 View Post
Is it wrong that a part of me wants a loss just to see the CP meltdown?
Not for me to judge on whether it's right or wrong, but assuming you're a Flames fan and considering the importance of this game to their playoff hopes, it's a bit weird.
The Following User Says Thank You to activeStick For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2018, 09:55 AM   #51
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Oh it's the Oilers and Flames tonight. That reminds me, I need to get more beer to numb the pain.

Please, just beat them, at least once. That's not too much to ask for a team that wants to make the playoffs.
Old 03-13-2018, 10:01 AM   #52
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think this one might depend on the status of Tkachuk.
With him out, we suddenly don't have a 2nd line.
Old 03-13-2018, 10:02 AM   #53
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone here watch Vikings?

I'm thinking harvey the hound blood eagles gulutzan at centre ice if we lose to oilers again. We have to appease Odin somehow.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Monahammer For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2018, 10:05 AM   #54
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass_nerder View Post
I think this one might depend on the status of Tkachuk.
With him out, we suddenly don't have a 2nd line.
No doubt Tkachuk is a huge piece of the team but Backlund and Frolik have a proven history of elevating the game of whoever they play with on their land (see Colborne, Bouma, Bennett). I think it'll be Bennett on their line, so hopefully the line will keep humming.
Old 03-13-2018, 10:05 AM   #55
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

If history and trends continue, I expect the Flames to come out on fire for the first 30 seconds, make a complete boneheaded play resulting in a breakaway or odd man rush and be down 1-0 within the first minute and a half. This will then snowball into a 3-0 lead 7 minutes later. Glen Gulutzan will once again have had the perfect opportunity to call a timeout at a critical point in the game to settle the team down but won't. Calgary will then win the shots and attempts battle but lose the game 6-3.

I have tried positivity in the past...perhaps negativity is the solution?

Last edited by Since1984; 03-13-2018 at 10:13 AM.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Since1984 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2018, 10:06 AM   #56
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxbuster View Post
They don't have to double-shift him. Mostly they just stand around and watch.

Might be a good idea for the Flames to actually be AWAKE at the start of this game. Too much lolling in bed back at home?
If it makes you feel better, the oilers also suck to start games.
I read a stat that the oilers have given up a goal on the first shot of the game 13 times. 13!
The Following User Says Thank You to GordonBlue For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2018, 10:08 AM   #57
united
First Line Centre

Exp:

If the Flames lose tonight I may leave the Dome on a gurney needing my stomach pumped. The loss to the Islanders was hard enough on my liver as is. I can't take another loss to the Oilers and their smug fans with their ####ty droning chant, and especially not when the loss would essentially be the final nail in the Flames' coffin.

"You ain't gotta like me. You're just mad 'cause I tell it how it is and you tell it how it might be."
Old 03-13-2018, 10:08 AM   #58
mikephoen
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-hole View Post
If there’s another lackluster effort or poor start against the Oilers tonight I want the entire team and staff keelhauled down Stephen Ave. Or whatever the dry land equivalent of keelhauling is.
I vote for Game of Thrones style shame walk for GG and Cameron. All the way from the dome to COP, and then they can keep walking from there and we never need to see them again.

Anyone know a good place to buy rotting fruit?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikephoen For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2018, 10:08 AM   #59
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

I feel like the Flames aren't going to respond to GG's comments yesterday and are going to get blown out, which will be the nail in GG's coffin.
Old 03-13-2018, 10:14 AM   #60
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Flames are so wildly inconsistent, I just don't know what to expect anymore. Will we get the relentless hard working team we saw on the most recent road trip? Or will it be the team that shat the bed on home ice against the Islanders? Who knows.

Since the Oilers are the current version of the Honda Center curse, I'm guessing we'll probably lose this one. McDavid is in their heads.
Closed Thread