Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2022, 04:40 PM   #21
K1LLswitch
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Hey all,

First time season ticket holder here…..It looks like we have to pay a deposit of 2022/23 tickets before we can buy 2022 playoff tickets. Is that correct? No info has come out on 2022/23 prices yet. Is this normal? Is it refundable if the prices go way up?
K1LLswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 09:35 AM   #22
GullFoss
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

That's how it works.

I think you also get an additional discount on renewals as a season ticket holder.

I would expect a 5%+/- price increase. They're not selling out games yet, so will have to be measured. But they haven't increased prices in a couple years now I think
GullFoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 09:41 AM   #23
Draug
First Line Centre

Exp:

No, the season tickets, for my white centers, were roughly 6% higher cost this season than last. I imagine there will be an increase for 22-23, like usual, but as you mention it should be measured because disposable income is very tight for a lot of people right now and games are not close to selling out.

For playoff tickets, I chose pay as we play, which means your credit card is billed everytime a new home game is confirmed. A deposit for next season was not required yet, but the 22-23 invoice will be coming shortly, I am sure. The monthly payments will probably start May 15.

Last edited by Draug; 04-08-2022 at 09:46 AM.
Draug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 12:30 PM   #24
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

In past years we would get the renewal and playoff ticket purchase as one "invoice"- with the option for picking both; just one, or neither. This year I also just received the playoff purchase.

If I had to guess, maybe there is something a little different for first time STHs? Are they saying you must renew or else you don't get to buy playoff tickets? Seems wrong, but it wouldn't surprise me.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 12:39 PM   #25
Mayo
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1LLswitch View Post
Hey all,

First time season ticket holder here…..It looks like we have to pay a deposit of 2022/23 tickets before we can buy 2022 playoff tickets. Is that correct? No info has come out on 2022/23 prices yet. Is this normal? Is it refundable if the prices go way up?
I did not have to renew in order to get my playoff tickets.
Mayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 12:51 PM   #26
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah same. Didn’t have to renew for playoff tickets.
agulati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 01:32 PM   #27
Sec218
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:
Flames

Quote:
Hey all,

Do you have season tickets this current season? or would next season be your first?

Last edited by Sec218; 04-08-2022 at 01:42 PM.
Sec218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 02:26 PM   #28
Reggie28
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvp2003 View Post
Lol -- yeah, the quickest way to do it is to divide the STH price by 0.6.

Interesting that they're charging a premium (?) for "centre ice" seats. I don't think they do this normally? A gold "centre" ticket to the SCF will set you back cool $1220 retail...
First time I noticed this. My 211 seats have “centre ice” pricing, so I’m assuming at least 211-213 and 225-227 are considered centre ice as well.
Reggie28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 02:38 PM   #29
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie28 View Post
First time I noticed this. My 211 seats have “centre ice” pricing, so I’m assuming at least 211-213 and 225-227 are considered centre ice as well.
Yeah, if you click on the spoilered image in the first post, you can see the “shaded” sections that have the centre ice premium. Doesn’t apply to the PL.
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 03:57 PM   #30
K1LLswitch
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec218 View Post
Do you have season tickets this current season? or would next season be your first?
I purchased seasons tickets for the last few games of this year. I had been on the wait list for ages and I guess they decided to contact wait list people to sign up.
K1LLswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to K1LLswitch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2022, 04:28 PM   #31
Blankcanvas
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
I purchased seasons tickets for the last few games of this year. I had been on the wait list for ages and I guess they decided to contact wait list people to sign up.
That sounds right then. My understanding is that if you sign up towards the end of the regular season they will only give you access to play-off tickets if you commit to next year's tickets. Too many people would jump at the chance to get playoff tickets at STH price without any commitment to next year. I think it's fair.

You'll probably still get a chance to move seats at the annual relocation event and then future seasons for you will be like a regular STH.
Blankcanvas is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blankcanvas For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2022, 04:42 PM   #32
lazypucker
First Line Centre

Exp:

Will the Denvor Broncos jacket guy resurface come playoff time?
lazypucker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lazypucker For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2022, 06:41 PM   #33
Sec218
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Congratulations!

I essentially did the same. I have been a STH since 2006 but deferred my tickets this season due to COVID. I just got back in recently with a 1/4 season to go in order to have playoff tickets this season. I had already paid a deposit for next season, at the start of this season.
Sec218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 09:23 AM   #34
gordo67
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I actually cancelled my seats this year because of Covid, I was never offered deferral (never knew it was an option). Once I found out they offered deferral I contacted them. Was able to get season tickets again and didn't have to pay deposit for next season with Playoff tickets. STH since 1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec218 View Post
Congratulations!

I essentially did the same. I have been a STH since 2006 but deferred my tickets this season due to COVID. I just got back in recently with a 1/4 season to go in order to have playoff tickets this season. I had already paid a deposit for next season, at the start of this season.
gordo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gordo67 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2022, 12:12 PM   #35
homestand
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo67 View Post
I actually cancelled my seats this year because of Covid, I was never offered deferral (never knew it was an option). Once I found out they offered deferral I contacted them. Was able to get season tickets again and didn't have to pay deposit for next season with Playoff tickets. STH since 1999

You did not get soaked for 4 preseason games then, big bonus.

Did you get your same seats back? Better seats?
homestand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 01:37 PM   #36
3rd Degree
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I deferred my seats for the year but picked them back up for the last 5 games to get playoff tickets. Best of all worlds!
3rd Degree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 3rd Degree For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2022, 01:49 PM   #37
gordo67
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Not the same seats. The ones they offered seemed all right and I planned on relocating next season. Sat in them and probably won’t relocate. Tons of leg room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by homestand View Post
You did not get soaked for 4 preseason games then, big bonus.

Did you get your same seats back? Better seats?
gordo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 01:28 AM   #38
Draug
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo67 View Post
I hope they let you keep your account senority?
Draug is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Draug For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2022, 12:30 PM   #39
Demzy84
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Anyone know what games are included in Split A and Split B for the additional packages that went on sale today?
Demzy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 01:04 PM   #40
looooob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd Degree View Post
I deferred my seats for the year but picked them back up for the last 5 games to get playoff tickets. Best of all worlds!
it was a pretty weird and at times uncomfortable (earlier in the year) situation with COVID

otoh I have been treated to a large number of amazing games this year- sorta glad we held onto the seats. more fun games than I can remember in a long time (with the Flames on the right side of the score)
looooob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to looooob For This Useful Post: