Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2022, 09:39 AM   #41
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
I know they're not popular, but Crocs for life over here. Comfortable. Ankle strap for when you mean business. Don't have to look at man toes. Wear with socks or without. Everything else is inferior and it's not even close.
https://ca.vibram.com/shop/furoshiki/

I gave crocs a shot and nah, not for me. I have completely flat feet. I barely have any arches. Crocs became uncomfortable after about 15-20 minutes for me. Furoshiki are better for me. Crocs are vastly superior solely on the price front, but the Furoshiki is close or superior in many other categories. They look better and are easier to clean.

All your arguments are the same with the Furoshiki. I can even toss them into the wash to clean them. The sole on the Furoshiki is thinner, but because it's a Vibram base, it's not as huge of a gap in terms of support and quality IMO. I can jump in water with them and they're easy to pack when going on vacation.

That being said, I am still interested in the fleece lined crocs for slipping on to quickly run outside for green bins, black bins etc. that you mentioned before. Crocs are great for a quick slip on to do things. But for a day out or longer than 10-15 minutes, I'd never consider it. I have some for the back yard and I never use them.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 09:41 AM   #42
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Those are neat, but now we're not talking about slip on/slip off. Those you actually have to bend down and pull them on by the looks of things.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 10:43 AM   #43
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
I know they're not popular, but Crocs for life over here. Comfortable. Ankle strap for when you mean business. Don't have to look at man toes. Wear with socks or without. Everything else is inferior and it's not even close.
I will also maintain they're the greatest camping shoe on the planet. No smell, fully breathable, you can walk through a creek or river and won't lose them, and you can drop an axe on your foot and it'll bounce off.
Russic is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Russic For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2022, 10:47 AM   #44
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

wrong thread!
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 10:48 AM   #45
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

I thought the thread title said “super serious scandal discussion” and we in for another CP drama fest.

This is way different that what I was hoping for.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 01:43 PM   #46
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

This thread has me thinking. I've never worn sandals around the house, always considered them a summer outdoor type of footwear. But I'm tired of wearing out socks almost weekly so maybe you sandal lovers are onto something.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lubicon For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2022, 01:48 PM   #47
indes
First Line Centre

Exp:

Another vote for the Olukai flip flops. I've had mine for 3 years now and they're the only ones I can walk around in for more than 30 mins without my feet killing me.
indes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 03:40 PM   #48
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Those are neat, but now we're not talking about slip on/slip off. Those you actually have to bend down and pull them on by the looks of things.
I can slip them on and off about as easily as a pair of shoes. Similar involvement as a pair of velcro strap sandals as well. I didn't realize we were going down the path of hands free footwear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
This thread has me thinking. I've never worn sandals around the house, always considered them a summer outdoor type of footwear. But I'm tired of wearing out socks almost weekly so maybe you sandal lovers are onto something.
Are you sure you're not coming to the realization that you need memory foam house slippers?
Old 05-25-2022, 03:42 PM   #49
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Just ram them in with your mobility scooter.. problem solved!
calumniate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 04:05 PM   #50
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
I can slip them on and off about as easily as a pair of shoes. Similar involvement as a pair of velcro strap sandals as well. I didn't realize we were going down the path of hands free footwear.
Well, yeah, dude. You're zigging in a thread about zagging. Sandals are all about the hands free.
Old 05-25-2022, 04:12 PM   #51
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Well, yeah, dude. You're zigging in a thread about zagging. Sandals are all about the hands free.
Well... do things like Sanuk count then? They aren't super "hands free" due to them being fabric and not as stiff aren't they? They're basically a cross between loafer/sandal and slip on.

Similar concept for the Furoshiki. But more "streamlined" I guess?
Old 05-25-2022, 04:25 PM   #52
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
Well... do things like Sanuk count then? They aren't super "hands free" due to them being fabric and not as stiff aren't they? They're basically a cross between loafer/sandal and slip on.

Similar concept for the Furoshiki. But more "streamlined" I guess?
Don't know. I checked out after Crocs.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2022, 10:08 PM   #53
Ducay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by indes View Post
Another vote for the Olukai flip flops. I've had mine for 3 years now and they're the only ones I can walk around in for more than 30 mins without my feet killing me.
Jesus - am I missing something? $90-150 for flip flops?

https://olukai.ca/collections/mens-sandals

I'm a yyuge flip flop guy, and even then, I couldn't see paying more than $50 for a good pair
Ducay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ducay For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2022, 10:12 PM   #54
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducay View Post

I'm a yyuge flip flop guy, and even then, I couldn't see paying more than $50 for a good pair

They lost me at “water-friendly”
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 10:28 PM   #55
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

https://fitmyfoot.com/pages/sandals

These are the only ones I’ll ever buy. Still have the first pair since the company started and have bought a few more since. My wife and kids are now wearing these, as well.

Custom fit is the way to go. Fills your arches. Soft pads and can have multiple straps.
csnarpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 05:27 AM   #56
indes
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

I was the same way but usually ended up buying a pair a year, this will be year 4 and they're still pretty well brand new.

As for the water I've always worn them in the water too and haven't noticed a problem.
indes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 08:17 AM   #57
Superflyer
Close, but no banana.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
Was it economical to replace those on the traditional 2-strap sandals?
I worked there in 98-99. If I remember it was about $40 to replace the soles at that time. So for things like Birks it was worth it
Superflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 01:25 PM   #58
CrunchBite
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:

I live in flipflops in the summer. The correct answer for me has always been, buy whatever sportchek has on sale for <$30 when I'm ordering new gym shoes.

My current are some underarmour that pretty comfy, my favs were some oakleys. They all seem to last a couple seasons before they get demoted to upstairs patio duty.
CrunchBite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 05:32 PM   #59
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

I can't believe Wal-Mart charges 9-10 for cheap pieces of plastic extruded sandals.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 12:21 PM   #60
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
Fine I ordered a pair. If they’re not great I’ll be starting a petition to have your name changed from surfurguy to liarguy.
To come back to this after a few weeks I am comfortable calling surfurguy “PrettyDecentlyOkGuy”. The Reefs aren’t bad and are certainly the best value in their price point. Exponentially better than a standard crappy flippy floppy but if you do any substantial walking around in them your (my) feet hurt like a son of a gun.

Olukai are indeed just over double the cost but fit a different need as they’re more comfortable if you’re somewhere that is all day flip flop wearing and are amazing in water but the Reefs were pretty great for quick use or lounging around.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ResAlien For This Useful Post: