Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2022, 08:49 PM   #161
Flames_Gimp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Last edited by Flames_Gimp; 07-17-2022 at 11:39 PM.
Flames_Gimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 09:45 PM   #162
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames_Gimp View Post
i don't know what to do guys, do i refund everyone? do i give it to charity? Do I do a go colorado go oilers suck wrap?

the flames are ruining this for us, i'm devastated and there's still 2 periods to go! I don't see how the hell they can turn the momentum back in our favor
Really???….
csnarpy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to csnarpy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2022, 09:48 PM   #163
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
i don't know what to do guys, do i refund everyone? do i give it to charity? Do I do a go colorado go oilers suck wrap?

the flames are ruining this for us, i'm devastated and there's still 2 periods to go! I don't see how the hell they can turn the momentum back in our favor
Get the wrap and rock it year round, hell even if the flames don't win this series go on a road trip to Edmonton
PaperBagger'14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 10:04 PM   #164
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Man, if only we had a crystal ball.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hockeyguy15 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2022, 10:26 PM   #165
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Johnny sign somewhere with personnel that want to win! You're awesome skill is being wasted playing for the Shames
I mean with where you're at with the Flames after this game, I'd say not much point in being the face of cheering for them with your van.

Probably best just to refund all the money and move on from the idea. Ultimately it just wasn't able to come together in a reasonable time for a playoff run. You'd have basically needed a Stanley Cup finals appearance to have the van ready for half the run.

Last edited by jayswin; 05-24-2022 at 10:32 PM.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2022, 10:37 PM   #166
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

FG maybe you should just step back a second. Your relationship with the team seems very love/hate and I worry what you'll think about your "Flames wagon" should the Flames get eliminated. I'm scared you might set it on fire or something.

If you are going to memorialize the team this way on your vehicle, I think you might need to have more of a "ride or die" attitude as a fan.

Just my two cents. Your game thread performance was over the top really.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Strange Brew For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2022, 11:00 PM   #167
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:

Get the wrap! Even if they loose you can still showcase your van next winter.
Old 05-25-2022, 12:05 AM   #168
Flames_Gimp
Franchise Player

Exp:

im really upset, i don't handle things like this very well, i was and am very excited about the van i really thought the team was going to do it this year. I'm trying hard to stay positive, don't give up on me.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Flames_Gimp For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2022, 12:07 AM   #169
Flames_Gimp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
FG maybe you should just step back a second. Your relationship with the team seems very love/hate and I worry what you'll think about your "Flames wagon" should the Flames get eliminated. I'm scared you might set it on fire or something.

If you are going to memorialize the team this way on your vehicle, I think you might need to have more of a "ride or die" attitude as a fan.

Just my two cents. Your game thread performance was over the top really.
i'm not the only one that will make it on the wall of shame. Any other team, but edmonton losses really really burn my ass.
Old 05-25-2022, 12:12 AM   #170
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
im really upset, i don't handle things like this very well, i was and am very excited about the van i really thought the team was going to do it this year. I'm trying hard to stay positive, don't give up on me.
Not giving up on you. Just suggesting that maybe you shouldn't need the Flames to win in order to want this.

Or if you do, that's OK too. But maybe then come to grips with what happens if they don't. Would you regret having this if they don't get past Edmonton?
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 12:57 AM   #171
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Nothing wrong with being upset. Many Flames fans are as upset as you are. Hang in there!
Old 05-25-2022, 01:09 AM   #172
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:

Hey, FG. Just wanted to say, I’m with you, man

We are all hoping for the best.

The way I look at it, you can only control the things you can control.

The team was good this year. Really good. I think they are good enough to be final 4 or even SC champs

#### does happen though.

16 teams enter the playoffs. 15 out of those teams lose the last game of their season. Different paths, but only 1 team of 16 wins their last game

The winning team may have to overcome a bad overall matchup, a hot goalie, bad puck luck, bad calls from the refs, a random guy or two for whom they just can’t game plan

This team has kicked ass. Oettinger nearly single-handedly ended their season. That series win was totally deserved, on one hand, but really in the end a coin toss, if you are being honest

McDavid holding Ras’s stick, Markstrom’s 21 second gift wrapped goal. Johnny getting an embellishment penalty on a cross check, vs the Smith dive getting Looch 5 and a game, and basically killing 5 minutes that were desperately needed to turn the tides… the margin in playoff games is super slim and relies on several unpredictable events and chance

Man, I was there in 2004 game 6. Turned to the people I was there with and said I couldn’t believe that wasn’t in. Came home to see the highlights.

Pittsburgh got jobbed when a guy ripped off a Pen helmet The guy had to go back to the bench and the Rangers took advantage of the man advantage to score the goal that decided the series

This is fun. The Flames, whatever happens this series, are a top 8 team in the league (overall standings - 6th, plus top 8 in the playoffs, when it matters).

The season is a success today, no matter how it feels, and I ain’t deciding on throwing in the towel until the series is done

You’re on the good side. We are in good shape. This is a successful year. Enjoy it, my friend
DeluxeMoustache is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeluxeMoustache For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2022, 05:19 AM   #173
FormerPresJamesTaylor
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Fulfill the stated goals of the GoFundMe or return the money, those are the options.
FormerPresJamesTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FormerPresJamesTaylor For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2022, 10:24 AM   #174
Bean
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:

I think you should go forward with the wrap.

It’ll bring a smile to many now and into the off-season. Have it as a reminder that you rallied a bunch of fanatics who support you as well as the team.

You’d better believe you’ll get a honk and wave from me when if I see you on the road. Turn the page and keep looking forward FG.
Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 10:48 AM   #175
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's the 2nd round and there are 7 teams left...it's not like the Flames got swept in round 1. When did you expect to get this done round 3?
Old 05-25-2022, 11:43 AM   #176
V
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's been over 2 months since FG brought up the idea of a GoFundMe. I'm really surprised this wasn't done in time for the playoffs.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to V For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2022, 11:48 AM   #177
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

I haven't been following closely so I'm not sure what design you're hoping for. If you can, make it non player or year specific and then you can rock the Flames-mobile all year round for years to come!
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Buff For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2022, 06:40 PM   #178
Flames_Gimp
Franchise Player

Exp:

i got this done as fast as i could, i had to rely o others to make the calls and get to places, it also took time to find someone who a) had the time and b) do something close to what we want in budget. Everything is printed, the soonest he could get me in is tuesday.

Did any of us expect another colorado series from the Oilers of all teams?
Old 05-26-2022, 07:04 PM   #179
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
i got this done as fast as i could, i had to rely o others to make the calls and get to places, it also took time to find someone who a) had the time and b) do something close to what we want in budget. Everything is printed, the soonest he could get me in is tuesday.

Did any of us expect another colorado series from the Oilers of all teams?
Like this coming Tuesday? That is after the scheduled game 7
Old 05-26-2022, 07:13 PM   #180
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Like this coming Tuesday? That is after the scheduled game 7
I thought it was going to be last week, or this Tuesday. I can't remember.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote