Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2022, 08:44 PM   #1721
Macman
Self Imposed Retirement

Exp:

I think I may be done sharing joints with people because of covid and just the overall bad hygiene about it in my view. I’ll instead just buy a few pre-rolled or roll some myself and give a joint each to the people I usually get together with.
Macman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 07:30 PM   #1722
CroCop
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wastedyouth View Post
Pretty big.

Better get him a test pure kit.
All good! He passed the home test, then the clinic test. Started work today.
CroCop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CroCop For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2022, 04:49 PM   #1723
socalwingfan
Retired

Exp:

I’m going to be in Sliver’s neck of the woods next week and was looking for a dispensary in the SE if possible. I try not to smoke due to some lung issues , so looking for edibles preferably 25 mg or more - usually take 75 mg to get started and then go from there. Any help would be appreciated
socalwingfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 06:34 PM   #1724
ben voyonsdonc
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalwingfan View Post
I’m going to be in Sliver’s neck of the woods next week and was looking for a dispensary in the SE if possible. I try not to smoke due to some lung issues , so looking for edibles preferably 25 mg or more - usually take 75 mg to get started and then go from there. Any help would be appreciated
I’m pretty sure 10mg is the max for a single edible. You’ll need at least a few to get you to the target number which is super high (no pun intended) for a lightweight like me. 10mg kicks my ass.
ben voyonsdonc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ben voyonsdonc For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2022, 07:18 PM   #1725
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Yeah, wow, that's a high dose. I think you're best off buying capsules to get you up there. That'd cost a fortune if you buy gummies or something like that to get the dose you need.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2022, 12:02 PM   #1726
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalwingfan View Post
If you're dead set on edibles and youre looking for that high of a dose the grey market is probably your best bet. www.birchandfog.com has a great selection of edible products that taste anywhere from good to incredible and they are priced substantially below dispensaries.

That website is based out of Burnaby I think though so it's unlikely you'd have them in time.
PaperBagger'14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PaperBagger'14 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2022, 06:37 PM   #1727
socalwingfan
Retired

Exp:

Sorry I should have been more clear - definitely looking for capsules or tinctures, not interested in gummies, etc. Any store recommendations?
socalwingfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 06:59 PM   #1728
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Value Buds! There are a few around here.
Old 05-24-2022, 07:15 PM   #1729
Kiran403
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macman View Post
I think I may be done sharing joints with people because of covid and just the overall bad hygiene about it in my view. I’ll instead just buy a few pre-rolled or roll some myself and give a joint each to the people I usually get together with.
I have been doing this since Covid started and haven't looked back. Now that pre-rolls exist (especially the .20-.35g ones), there is no excuse not to. It's a much better overall experience IMO.
Kiran403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 07:45 AM   #1730
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiran403 View Post
I have been doing this since Covid started and haven't looked back. Now that pre-rolls exist (especially the .20-.35g ones), there is no excuse not to. It's a much better overall experience IMO.
Definitely. But I will miss the bonding experience. I’ve had some fun smoke sessions with some surprising people. I had more bad experiences passing joints around than good, but the good was so worth it. A thing of the past now.

At least half of my stories of meeting people while travelling involved smoking up together.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 09:20 AM   #1731
Kiran403
Scoring Winger

Exp:

The session is still basically the same. In my experience, everyone is still smoking together and talking, just nothing is getting passed. Handing out pre-rolls to everyone is still a nice way to interact with people. No different than walking up to a group with a case of beer and passing them out IMO.
Kiran403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 10:40 AM   #1732
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiran403 View Post
The session is still basically the same. In my experience, everyone is still smoking together and talking, just nothing is getting passed. Handing out pre-rolls to everyone is still a nice way to interact with people. No different than walking up to a group with a case of beer and passing them out IMO.
Well I’m not giving a whole pre roll to a stranger so I don’t know how it would be the same.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scroopy Noopers For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2022, 10:48 AM   #1733
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

I keep a disposable vape in my pocket now. Rarely smoke flower. Capsules are my favourite if I'm planning two hours ahead, otherwise I can just puff that vape and I'm good to go. Hopefully I don't get popcorn lung.

Haven't shared a bowl with people in a while.
Old 05-26-2022, 10:53 AM   #1734
cral12
First Line Centre

Exp:

any positive experiences for local Medical Cannabis clinics?

a friend's older family member wants to go that route - thanks!
Old 05-26-2022, 10:55 AM   #1735
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cral12 View Post
any positive experiences for local Medical Cannabis clinics?

a friend's older family member wants to go that route - thanks!
They want to take something super easy whereby they could drive to any strip mall and have cannabis and be back home again within 20 minutes and turn it into a giant ordeal? Old people are so fataing weird.
Old 05-26-2022, 10:58 AM   #1736
Ducay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
They want to take something super easy whereby they could drive to any strip mall and have cannabis and be back home again within 20 minutes and turn it into a giant ordeal? Old people are so fataing weird cheap.
ftfy. All about the coverage, baby
Ducay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ducay For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2022, 11:39 AM   #1737
cral12
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducay View Post
ftfy. All about the coverage, baby
lol - this and multiple health issues including cardiac - just prefers to see a physician specializing in medical cannabis
Old 05-26-2022, 01:00 PM   #1738
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Best way to get a 75 mg dose:

Buy a 30:1 THC oil. Retail about $30-40. Throw away the dumb dropper they give you and go get a proper one from shoppers (3 ml, will cost almost nothing.) While you're there, buy a pack of Oreos (or other sugary delight.)

Next, take the dropper and fill to about 2.5 ml (1ml= ~30 mg of THC equivalent in the oil). poor it on to your oreo carefully. Insert oreo into mouth. Done.

I am a longtime user, I use ~90mg. This is the cost effective way to do it.

The bottle will have roughly 11 doses of this size in it. Pretty good.
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Monahammer For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2022, 02:51 PM   #1739
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

Am I the only one that can easily handle 2-3 ml of oil, but gets turbo high off (4) 5mg gummy edibles?

It's the weirdest thing. I can smoke/vape my brains out, but the minute I take a candy edible I'm absolutely ruined.
Tron_fdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 02:59 PM   #1740
Reaper
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron_fdc View Post
Am I the only one that can easily handle 2-3 ml of oil, but gets turbo high off (4) 5mg gummy edibles?

It's the weirdest thing. I can smoke/vape my brains out, but the minute I take a candy edible I'm absolutely ruined.
Edibles just hit different and can leave you a drooling, staring mess at low levels. It is almost like smoking/vaping tolerance and edible tolerance are two separate things. Edible tolerance is also super influenced by time of day, what you've eaten/will eat afterwards, how well rested you are, and basically everything else. lol The unpredictability and long wind down are what keeps me off the edibles.