Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2022, 11:07 AM   #3661
hah
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

RE: Calgary Media:

Did anyone from the media ever ask Lucic what he said to Benn prior to the face off?

I'm curious to know the answer. If this was asked and answered please provide a link as I have not seen it during my searches, and usually CP would be the place to get the info.

TIA
Old 05-22-2022, 04:49 PM   #3662
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just over an hour from game 3 BOA an they're talking about golf.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 04:01 PM   #3663
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Gonna be on CBC Radio One "The Homestretch" to discuss the Heat relocation in just a couple minutes.

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 06:25 PM   #3664
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

Will a local radio station pick up Heat (Scorchmen) games?

I imagine Sportsnet 960 will. Where there's overlapping games, the AHL feed will be online. This is what they already do for Hitmen games.

Last edited by Reggie Dunlop; 05-24-2022 at 07:00 PM.
Reggie Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 06:39 PM   #3665
TheSquatch
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hah View Post
RE: Calgary Media:

Did anyone from the media ever ask Lucic what he said to Benn prior to the face off?

I'm curious to know the answer. If this was asked and answered please provide a link as I have not seen it during my searches, and usually CP would be the place to get the info.

TIA
Looch's answer was pretty funny, he said the whole thing was that he takes strong side faceoffs for that line, and when Benn beat him, it made him mad so he chased Benn around a bit.

Totally silly.
TheSquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 07:18 PM   #3666
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is 960 just going static every few mins for anyone listening on radio?
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ashasx For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2022, 09:06 PM   #3667
Ryan Coke
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I noticed that driving home this afternoon.
Ryan Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 09:21 PM   #3668
TheSquatch
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Listening to 960 reminds me of spy stuff where a radio broadcast will be interrupted by a series of numbers read in Russian, and then the usual program returns and no one knows what happened.

I never know when I turn on whether it will be the morning show as I know it, CBS, some other Canadian drivel... it's exciting!

Very difficult industry to maintain any kind of cash flow in, I'm sure. I would not be surprised if we are left with Flames coverage as a special local feature, and the rest of the content daily will just be conglomerated stuff from other markets. They already re-hash Boomer once a day. It's getting scary.
TheSquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 09:30 PM   #3669
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
Is 960 just going static every few mins for anyone listening on radio?
I thought it was just the Bolts feed, as when I was driving home the game had just started and they were using the Tampa radio broadcast. But yeah it was super bad popping in and out
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 09:49 PM   #3670
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was going to comment that I find in my vehicle the fan seemingly has the poorest signal relative to 660/qr77
Old 06-16-2022, 08:18 AM   #3671
drewtastic
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSquatch View Post
Listening to 960 reminds me of spy stuff where a radio broadcast will be interrupted by a series of numbers read in Russian, and then the usual program returns and no one knows what happened.

I never know when I turn on whether it will be the morning show as I know it, CBS, some other Canadian drivel... it's exciting!

Very difficult industry to maintain any kind of cash flow in, I'm sure. I would not be surprised if we are left with Flames coverage as a special local feature, and the rest of the content daily will just be conglomerated stuff from other markets. They already re-hash Boomer once a day. It's getting scary.

Like when this happened to Bobby Bittman. (Starts ~4:30)

https://youtu.be/_aKgFXWqRV0
drewtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to drewtastic For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2022, 09:03 AM   #3672
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Man. Hopefully they don't get rid of the morning show on the FAN. I know some here don't like it but I love the casual, goofiness of it. Like, just now, they had an AI voice say a bunch of things that Ryan Pinder might say, "Go BlueJays", "I'm so hungover", "I drank in a sewer", etc. Hahaha. Definitely nothing to do with sports but hilarious! I moved away from Calgary a long time ago but have continued tuned in online since I left the city over 20 years ago.
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to activeStick For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2022, 09:17 AM   #3673
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by activeStick View Post
Man. Hopefully they don't get rid of the morning show on the FAN. I know some here don't like it but I love the casual, goofiness of it. Like, just now, they had an AI voice say a bunch of things that Ryan Pinder might say, "Go BlueJays", "I'm so hungover", "I drank in a sewer", etc. Hahaha. Definitely nothing to do with sports but hilarious! I moved away from Calgary a long time ago but have continued tuned in online since I left the city over 20 years ago.
I have 960 radio on every day in my cubicle so losing that channel would be a downer for me as I don't listen to any other local radio station.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2022, 09:59 AM   #3674
Jiffy Loob
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Same here. Haven't lived in Calgary for 30 years and I religiously listen to the Morning Show. I love it. It's also been awesome to see how Pat has evolved professionally and Flames Talk rocks. I just want to see good things happen to those guys - they deserve more success and a better fate.
Jiffy Loob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jiffy Loob For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2022, 11:57 PM   #3675
dying4acup
First Line Centre

Exp:

I live in Texas and 960 is always playing in my office during hockey season (590 during baseball season).
dying4acup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 02:48 PM   #3676
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Catching up on yesterday's Flames talk.

Pike talking about how the opportunities if Johnny left could be like when Gio left...Freeway, you tried hard to put lipstick on a really ugly pig, but woof. There's no argument to be made on this front. How you build a top team is through top talent. Full stop.

Sending a sweetner with Lucic, no matter the cost, is better than losing one of Gaudreau/Tkachuk/Mangiapane. Whatever juggling you need to do is what you need to do to be a good team.

No Gaudreau? This team loses any shot at winning the Cup. They don't have enough talent as-is. Without Gaudreau? Ooof, that's a long road back to where they were last year (which already wasn't good enough).

If Johnny leaves, the only real path forward is a rebuild. You can't overcome a lack of top-end talent.

Last edited by ComixZone; 06-23-2022 at 03:19 PM.
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ComixZone For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2022, 08:29 PM   #3677
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
So good. I was laughing this morning when Boomer was reading out press release lines, but in a way that it sounded like he was reading rap lyrics. To which Pinder instinctively started being his hype man, repeating certain words Boom just said like a rap track. I was laughing so hard ha-ha, deff can't lose the morning show.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sainters7 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2022, 08:45 AM   #3678
Cowboy89
Franchise Player

Exp:

Boomer announced around 8AM that he will be stepping down as morning show host. His last day will be Thursday. This is a pretty big blow to the station if you ask me.
Cowboy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cowboy89 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2022, 08:52 AM   #3679
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy89 View Post
Boomer announced around 8AM that he will be stepping down as morning show host. His last day will be Thursday. This is a pretty big blow to the station if you ask me.
https://forum.calgarypuck.com/showth...=188596&page=4
Old 06-27-2022, 09:05 AM   #3680
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

"Take that Calgary Puck!"

*dies*
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ashasx For This Useful Post: