Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-14-2021, 05:43 PM   #41
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Fun day today, really good attendance which I was happy to see.

Had some successes, had some WTF moments, but I'm glad football is properly back.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 09:50 AM   #42
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Bantam football kicks off tomorrow at Shouldice

August 21Hellard 9:00 amCowboys@Raiders
Hellard 11:00 am Mavericks @ Lions

Field 8 1:00 pm Rebels @ Hilltoppers

Hellard 1:00 pm Chiefs @ Stampeders
Hellard 3:00 pm Bulldogs @ Wildcats
Field 8 3:00 pm Colts@Eagles

Old 08-21-2021, 08:48 AM   #43
Captain Otto
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Bantam football kicks off tomorrow at Shouldice

August 21Hellard 9:00 amCowboys@Raiders
Hellard 11:00 am Mavericks @ Lions

Field 8 1:00 pm Rebels @ Hilltoppers

Hellard 1:00 pm Chiefs @ Stampeders
Hellard 3:00 pm Bulldogs @ Wildcats
Field 8 3:00 pm Colts@Eagles
Thanks for posting this Captain. I am going to check out a bunch of games this year!

I played for a powerhouse Bulldogs team back in 1988. We didn't lose a game and didn't have a point scored on us. Most of the 2nd year (or 3rd) year guys played defense aside from the skilled positions on offense. The rest of the players, all first year, played non-skill stuff. Very much like the CFL.

Fond memories.
Captain Otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 05:00 PM   #44
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

This is a huge necro bump.

Currently I coach Bantam football with the South Colts. I also coach Spring football as a offensive coordinator.

This year I was invited to be the Offensive Coordinator and Coach for the Bantam Showcase. This is like an allstar game for the elite Bantam football players that are trying out for the Selects teams. This weekend we played the Southern Alberta Knights up in Red Deer and won 38 to 26, and got to showcase a lot of serious young football talent.

For those that want some football action, they posted the game on Youtube, I've attached the link below. We are the South Calgary Colts, or the team in white.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2022, 10:52 PM   #45
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Really sad news tonight for the Cowboys Bantam team as Don Boulton passed away today. Don had been the teams manager for 35 years. I worked with him while I was coaching there for 4 years. Don was a really good, positive, nice man, who got a lot of enjoyment out of working on the amateur football scene in Calgary. The last time I saw him was 2 weeks ago at the Bantam Bowl where I was working on the coaching staff with one of the teams. I saw him from across the field, but I didn't have time to walk over to talk to him, so I gave him a friendly wave and got back to work.

Its rare that you find someone that dedicated to doing something positive in the community.

RIP Don.

Old 08-15-2022, 11:04 AM   #46
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Bump.

The Bantam Jamboree is taking place on Saturday Aug 20th at Shouldice, it could be a good day of football, as teams play short exhibition games with no special teams.

the Colts and Hilltoppers played a controlled scrimmage this past weekend under Jamboree rules. It turned into a shootout as the Colts scored 6 touchdowns in 4 series, and I think the Toppers scored 7.

The regular season starts in 2 weeks.

Old 08-28-2022, 09:37 PM   #47
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Highlights from the Colts home opener.

The Colts won 42 to 31.

Old 10-02-2022, 02:04 AM   #48
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Bump, offensive highlights from todays Colts vs Hilltoppers game. The Colts trailed 15-10 til late then drove from their over 20 to win with a QB sneak with 30 seconds left. The final score was 18-15

Last edited by CaptainCrunch; 10-02-2022 at 02:34 AM. Reason: fixed the video
Old 10-16-2022, 10:42 PM   #49
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

High lights from this weekends regular season closing game between the Colts and the Cochrane Lions. The Colts won 28-2 and head to the division one playoff for the first time in a long time. Next weekend they face off against the Wildcats.

In their only meeting this year the Colts lost to the Wildcats 8-6.

Sorry about the video quality, two of the Colts TD's were blocked out by the way the booth is positioned.

Old 10-21-2022, 08:59 AM   #50
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
High lights from this weekends regular season closing game between the Colts and the Cochrane Lions. The Colts won 28-2 and head to the division one playoff for the first time in a long time. Next weekend they face off against the Wildcats.

In their only meeting this year the Colts lost to the Wildcats 8-6.

Sorry about the video quality, two of the Colts TD's were blocked out by the way the booth is positioned.

what age is this?

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 11:41 AM   #51
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

13 to 14 year olds.

Old 10-25-2022, 09:52 PM   #52
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Highlights from last nights Colts vs Wildcats Div 1 Quarterfinal game. The Colts upset the Cats 36-8, and the good Captain got his first Head Coach victory. The Captain had to fill in as the teams Head Coach had a work commitment.

This weekend the Colts take on the undefeated Airdrie Raiders in the Div 1 Semi Finals.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2022, 10:59 AM   #53
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Well, sadly we lost in the Bantam Div 1 semi finals to the undefeated Raiders, the final score was 42 to 8. I might do some highlights later on.

The kids fought hard, but the Raiders were on another level.

Fact is we went from the last two years winning 2 games total to a 4 and 4 regular season, and then upsetting the favored Wildcats in the first round.

We finished top 4 in Division 1 and have a lot to build on. However on offense I'm graduating all but 1 receiver and in my backfield my two starting running backs. However I am getting my QB back and most of my offensively line.

Now its 10 long months to next season. However I have spring football coming up in Feb to keep me busy.

Old 10-28-2023, 10:19 PM   #54
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

So Necro bump, I hadn't had much time to up date for this year.

But the Colts had a higher expectation this year, with the return of our starting QB, who I'd argue is one of the better QB's that I've ever coached, and I've coached some good ones. He does have a bit of a Joe Flacco personality at times though, which is a little hard to deal with.

This year we finished with a record of 6-2 We finished 2nd in our division and 4th our of 12 teams. It was a major step forward for us.

The team on offense featured a stud QB, I had 2 stellar running backs and 1 really good full back, two amazing slots and a veteran offensive line. We had dreams of a division 1 championship.

Unfortunately in our last regular season game we lost our 2 top slot backs, our QB, our starting MAC linebacker. So we went into the first playoff game against the always tough Stampeders with a QB who was in his first year playing football and who had taken very limited game snaps. without our two slots we became pretty predictable and couldn't get our run game going and lost badly. We still had a chance as we dropped to the Div 2 semi finals. We got our QB back and our receivers decided to play despite their injuries. We lined up to play the Okotoks Eagles. Unfortunately our season came to an end. The Eagles got up 14-8 on the back of a pick 6 against us, and another interception that lead to another score. On a cold October morning we struggled to get our timing. Late in the game we scored after a long drive to close the game to 14-8, but the Eagles came out in the next series with 2 minutes left and put it away on a nice TD pass. then put in a really late TD to gut punch us.

And with that the season was over. We finished 6-4 overall scored about 222 points (we had one game against the Rebels that lasted two drives and we were up 16-0 when one of the poor rebels had one of the most gruesome injuries that I've ever seen and the the Rebels decided to fold their tent due to injuries). We allowed 182. We've sent a bunch of players to the Select tryouts. So overall it was a good season that fell short and left me with a feeling of disappointment.

So the question comes up. I've been coaching for 16 or so years, I've won my championships. But I can't help but feel that the game is leaving me behind. Oh sure, I can scheme with the best of them. Put together a good offense, coach kids on how to play their position and what to do, But this generation of players doesn't motivate in the same way, at times the commitment isn't there, and its tough to find those buttons to push. So I feel like something is slipping. With everything that's happened over the last few years in my personal life, and with the current difficulties in my professional life, combined with some health issues, I think I'm worn out on life.. Do I do the Spring season in a few months, and call it a career and walk away relatively intact? I don't know.

Its tough.