Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2022, 12:27 AM   #5361
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

NHL 22 free on Xbox Game Pass as of today if anyone else was waiting like I was. Although I can't seem to stop playing Elden Ring
1_Flames_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 08:21 AM   #5362
Kybosh
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I rolled another ending credit in Elden Ring last night with my dual katana arcane/bleed build. For the most part, bleed seemed like easy mode but was still fun. I think I need to now take a break from Elden Ring so I bought Jedi Fallen Order for $12. Will give that whirl to see how it is.
Kybosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 09:31 AM   #5363
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Jurassic World Evolution 2 is now on Game Pass. I wasn't expecting that at all.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Inferno For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2022, 12:28 PM   #5364
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

I managed to get my wife to start playing FFXIV on the free trial in summer 2020 (I made a new character to play along with her) and we just hit Endwalker (the most recent expansion). Aside from goofing off in Gold Saucer, we focused completely on the main scenario and did only a couple side quests. My time played in the game said 231 hours when we started Endwalker the other night. I'm sure if you're laser focused you can get it down to right around 175 hours, but yeah...it's a lot.

I'll say that I had a great time replaying the expansions up to Endwalker and I'd still recommend it to everyone, but that time investment is really tough to deal with. That being said, they've recently made a ton of quality of life changes to A Realm Reborn to make it more friendly to new players. You can do all the content solo now if you'd like (you get AI NPCs to fill out the party for dungeons and trials), many dungeons got a rework, and they completely revamped the end of ARR to way more engaging and interesting.

Last edited by Mazrim; 05-19-2022 at 12:31 PM.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 05:20 PM   #5365
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Tiny Tina's Wonderlands is on sale on the Epic game sale, plus there's a 25% off coupon (not sure if they stack). And Borderlands 3 is free.

EDIT: I don't seem to have the 25% off coupon yet.
EDIT2: Oh, seems I just have to go to check out and the 25% off coupon gets applied.

Old 05-19-2022, 11:23 PM   #5366
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

This percentage coupon kills the deal versus the previous flat discount offerings.
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 01:06 PM   #5367
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Anyone have any Elden Ring tips for mountain of the giants? I've gotten pretty far in the game and beaten some tough bosses but everything in there like 1 or 2 shot kills me even common enemies. I'm not running any particular build all my points are fairly spread out so maybe I need to respec? Any tips are appreciated.
1_Flames_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 06:00 PM   #5368
FormerPresJamesTaylor
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Jurassic World Evolution 2 is now on Game Pass. I wasn't expecting that at all.
Oh wow that's great, nice to see this show up after Two Point Campus was delayed.
FormerPresJamesTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 11:33 AM   #5369
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_Flames_Fan View Post
Anyone have any Elden Ring tips for mountain of the giants? I've gotten pretty far in the game and beaten some tough bosses but everything in there like 1 or 2 shot kills me even common enemies. I'm not running any particular build all my points are fairly spread out so maybe I need to respec? Any tips are appreciated.
Jack of all trades master of none isn’t a great setup. What level are you and how are your stats split out? Are you using rune arcs to boost yourself? If you’re a melee build choose dex or str and only have the other as the min you need to wield whatever your weapon of choice is. Dex/Arcane bleed build is still heavily OP.

If it’s the goddamn ice lobsters just run away. Hate those idiots.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 01:24 PM   #5370
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
This is pretty impressive, done with Unreal 5

I saw that earlier as well.

its very impressive but it did take 7s to render a frame in this demo...

that said, its very early in the generation and software, so eventually, they will be able to optimize the engine by the midpoint of the generation.

the Matrix Experience city scape is incredible as it is rendering in real time with all of those assets and zero pop in from what I've seen.

I really want to see a truly next gen game in UE5... right now it seems like Xbox is going to get there first with the Hellblade sequel... haven't seen anything from Playstation on that level yet (imo)...

Can you imagine a Silent Hill game like that? Or Resident Evil? Or Dead Space? it would be terrifying...
oldschoolcalgary is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to oldschoolcalgary For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2022, 08:09 PM   #5371
flames_fan_down_under
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Well I beat Returnal. Fun game, challenging, loved the level designs, sound/haptics were cool, decent gun options and thought the story was really interesting. Once you get the hang of the game and get used to dying over and over you learn the proper builds to give you the best shot to beat the game. You are one with Selene stuck in this world of Atropos wondering why you can't escape.

Spoiler!
flames_fan_down_under is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 04:45 PM   #5372
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

All 3 Bioshock games are free on Epic right now. Good chance to play them if you haven't already.
Old 05-30-2022, 02:20 PM   #5373
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Late to the party, but I just platinum'd Ghost of Tsushima.

Perfect game basically. Everything about it is awesome. Not too grindy, but still demanding. Great fight mechanics, stealth, leveling, superb. Storyline unique and entertaining. Side missions engaging and unique.

Spoiler!
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to CroFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2022, 03:15 PM   #5374
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've been replaying RDR2 the past few weeks and while I really loved Ghost of Tsushima and the Horizon games especially, the open world in RDR2 is just something else ... just crazy how alive the whole map is. Just falling in love with that game all over again, and makes me resent Rockstar's path of the last few years even more. Oh well.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2022, 05:41 PM   #5375
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah rockstar really are the masters at making an open world actually feel alive, and not just an open map with mindless ai roaming around

Hope they keep it up with GTA6 and settle down with the online focus
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2022, 07:14 PM   #5376
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah I'm currently replaying RDR2 for the 3rd time as well, just an amazing game. I recently got a PS5 when I was midway through it, what a jump even on a PS4 copy! Everything looks so much clearer at 60 fps. Love this game so much, I take way too many photos.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 07:20 PM   #5377
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have never played RDR2, simply because I've never felt like I was in an ideal situation to get locked into a game that size. It just seems like it would demand so much free time, it's like saying "I'd love to book a vacation to southeast Asia but to do it right I need to take 3 weeks off work which is pretty tough to schedule".
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 08:09 PM   #5378
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
Yeah rockstar really are the masters at making an open world actually feel alive, and not just an open map with mindless ai roaming around

Hope they keep it up with GTA6 and settle down with the online focus
They've literally made billions of dollars from GTA online. Why would they ever abandon that?
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 08:10 PM   #5379
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
Yeah I'm currently replaying RDR2 for the 3rd time as well, just an amazing game. I recently got a PS5 when I was midway through it, what a jump even on a PS4 copy! Everything looks so much clearer at 60 fps. Love this game so much, I take way too many photos.
Did they finally release a 60fps patch for RDR2? I played it last year on my PS5 but it was stuck at 30fps
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2022, 08:22 PM   #5380
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Did they finally release a 60fps patch for RDR2? I played it last year on my PS5 but it was stuck at 30fps
I'm no expert, but it sure looks like it to me anyway. Everything is smoother and more detailed, it's gotta be...I think?
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote