Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-16-2012, 12:17 AM   #1
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:
Default UPDATED: East village new condos: First & fuse - Get First Pick Before Feb 28th!!

I went to the pre launch celebration this evening and am pretty excited about this development!

The first 2 projects will be "First" & "Fuse"
Only licensed realtors can sell inventory for either of these complexes prior to February 28th. You can purchase inventory through myself or your own realtor between Feb 25th and Feb 28th. At 6pm on the 28th all units still available will be open to the public.
If you want first dibs on what is going to be Calgary's new hot spot, contact me and I will have you registered.

PS: Put money back in your pocket by registering with me. I am not able to disclose specifics on a public forum so please contact me for details.

Travis Munroe / Discover Real Estate/ 403 971 4300/ Info@tmunroe.com

"FIRST" Project
After you click on the link, click download for a PDF file you can save if you want.

Podium Prices: http://www.mediafire.com/?15bb5g457aif0r8
Tower Prices: http://www.mediafire.com/?ban86n0q9frbnw4
Podium Floor Plans: http://www.mediafire.com/?i4se3ofgucs88ua
Floors 3-6 Floor Plans:http://www.mediafire.com/?v8rxrx82ya81hny
Floors 7-16 Floor Plans: http://www.mediafire.com/?yw9lvw9m9th0ius
Penthouse Floor Plans: http://www.mediafire.com/?v48ih1i2b7n3lgt
FIRST Overview: http://www.mediafire.com/?cznqec5swmgf5b4
FIRST Renderings; http://www.mediafire.com/?39wovff3m3gtswb
FIRST Features/Finishes: http://www.mediafire.com/?awc3r428dac1we8

FUSE PROJECT WITH PRICING, SPECS & FLOOR PLANS

OFFICIAL CP REALTOR & PROPERTY MANAGER
Travis Munroe | Century 21 Elevate | 403.971.4300

Residential Buying & Selling
info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com

Last edited by Travis Munroe; 02-23-2012 at 04:14 PM.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:49 AM   #2
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

It should be noted that the above rendering is for the entire project "Evolution" by Embassy Bosa. The smaller tower on the left is Fuse, and that is the one that is now selling plus the midrise townhomes and units.
http://evolutioncalgary.com/

First is by Fram + Slokker and is on another parcel of land in the East Village.
http://www.framhomes.com/projects/first-east-village

[Edit] How was the pricing for Fuse? I've heard as high as 375,000 to start on a 1 bedroom that is a little over 600sf.

Last edited by Bigtime; 02-16-2012 at 08:55 AM.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:56 AM   #3
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

The pricing seems really steep.

More photos on Flickr
The Following User Says Thank You to Regulator75 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2012, 10:51 AM   #4
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulator75 View Post
The pricing seems really steep.
Yeah, to me this seems comparable to the Keynote 2 project, and I just got an email from them saying 1 beds from the 240s. Now, maybe Keynote's units are a bit smaller, but that's a substantial difference, and I would consider the locations comparable, with maybe a bit more upside in the east village, but more location risk there as well.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:58 AM   #5
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

I would say short-term Keynote II is the better bet, you already have an established grocer (Sunterra) right underneath you. Plus the Starbucks, and RBC (and future retail under tower 2). East Village is going to be a longer build out, and it will probably take much longer to recoup your investment there.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:03 AM   #6
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

I think they are trying to establish that this will be an upscale part of town early, but I hope something reasonably priced follows up very quickly. The faster they get people in, the more value in living in that neighborhood. I hope it does well.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Bumface For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2012, 11:07 AM   #7
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkrogan View Post
I think they are trying to establish that this will be an upscale part of town early, but I hope something reasonably priced follows up very quickly. The faster they get people in, the more value in living in that neighborhood. I hope it does well.
You can be upscale and still offer value. If those 1 beds for 357k are 900 square feet, then that's a spacious floor plan and still good value. If they're 357k for 550 sq ft in an area with no amenities yet, I think they'll have a hard time selling them, since it's basically all hinged on the neighbourhood developing into something in the future.

But if you're already paying for all the upside, why take the risk that it doesn't happen?
Old 02-16-2012, 11:08 AM   #8
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

I couldn't agree more with the Hulkster. It will be key to the vibrancy of the East Village to have units that are also affordable to the average person out there. I don't want to see it become a giant Eau Claire, full of a bunch of rich people that complain about the noise of the inner city.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:09 AM   #9
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I'd love for this to be a huge success. I'm concerned at that price point it won't, but I think it'd be great for the city to have this develop into a viable, walkable inner city neighbourhood with a lively social/commercial scene and desirable residences.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:09 AM   #10
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

working on posting the brochures right now

info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 02-16-2012, 12:06 PM   #11
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizaro86 View Post
You can be upscale and still offer value. If those 1 beds for 357k are 900 square feet, then that's a spacious floor plan and still good value. If they're 357k for 550 sq ft in an area with no amenities yet, I think they'll have a hard time selling them, since it's basically all hinged on the neighbourhood developing into something in the future.

But if you're already paying for all the upside, why take the risk that it doesn't happen?
Absolutely. Although it almost worked for Victoria Park with Arriva. That was quite an expensive building (and had the units to at least partially justify it, I really liked what I saw) but people paid expecting the neighborhood to continue to develop, and it didn't, thanks to terrible luck with timing and a giant recession.

It might have worked great if they got up the rest of the development and a few others started to pour in, but I wonder if now people are nervous of this scenario (Orange Lofts is another one where people paid for the future and didn't get it).

I think affordable units just can't come fast enough for the area. It's not like vagrants are going to buy up all of your stock of $280K one bedroom condos...
Old 02-16-2012, 12:23 PM   #12
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think the long term arriVa owners will see the investment pay off. With the link to the East Village now (with the 4th street underpass) and the Guardian about to start sales the area may finally get some more density in it. You also have to factor in the potential new location of the Saddledome replacement (maybe even closer to them) plus the Stampede's plans to turn 4th street into Stampede Trail with all the shops and restaurants.

We still have a unit in the family there, perhaps it will be a completely different area when I am old and choose to move back!
Old 02-16-2012, 12:50 PM   #13
Fueled By Fire
Farm Team Player

Exp:

I've been receiving e-mail updates for the Fuse and First projects.

Pricing for the Fuse project will be starting at $359,000 for one bedroom suites, $449,000 for two bedroom suites and $699,000 for townhomes.

Looking at their floor plans, the smallest units will be 680 sq ft for a 1 bed, 1 bathroom unit. Sounds pretty pricey, although I'm not sure what the finishings will be like.

The First complex will start at the mid $200's.

Last edited by Fueled By Fire; 02-16-2012 at 12:56 PM.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:18 PM   #14
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime View Post
I think the long term arriVa owners will see the investment pay off. With the link to the East Village now (with the 4th street underpass) and the Guardian about to start sales the area may finally get some more density in it. You also have to factor in the potential new location of the Saddledome replacement (maybe even closer to them) plus the Stampede's plans to turn 4th street into Stampede Trail with all the shops and restaurants.

We still have a unit in the family there, perhaps it will be a completely different area when I am old and choose to move back!
I agree. It just sucks if you are 60 and moved there as your final downsize. With no economic downturn, you might be sitting in Margaritaville right now

I can not wait for that Stampede Trail development to get going. If it turns out anything like the Jobing.com arena district (Great development, utterly horrid location) we will be in for a treat.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:18 PM   #15
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueled By Fire View Post
Perfect. If both go ahead relatively close together in time I think it'll be great.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:27 PM   #16
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

For those not familiar with Bosa, their quality is awesome!
The various Bosa companies are all regarded as right near the top crop of developers here in condo mad Vancouver.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:30 PM   #17
Fueled By Fire
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Perfect. If both go ahead relatively close together in time I think it'll be great.
It will be interesting to see what the floorplans for First will look like and what the mid $200's gets you. Maybe it's a bachelor pad?

The Guardian has some good floor plans and a 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom without a stall will start at the $150's. Although once you included a titled stall and some upgrades you'll probably in the mid $200's.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:32 PM   #18
Fueled By Fire
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
For those not familiar with Bosa, their quality is awesome!
The various Bosa companies are all regarded as right near the top crop of developers here in condo mad Vancouver.
I've heard very good things about Bosa as well. I guess with the Fuse condos it's probably a case of "you get what you pay for."

Do you know anything about Fram + Slokker? It looks like they've completed a number of projects out east.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:01 PM   #19
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueled By Fire View Post
I've been receiving e-mail updates for the Fuse and First projects.

Pricing for the Fuse project will be starting at $359,000 for one bedroom suites, $449,000 for two bedroom suites and $699,000 for townhomes.

Looking at their floor plans, the smallest units will be 680 sq ft for a 1 bed, 1 bathroom unit. Sounds pretty pricey, although I'm not sure what the finishings will be like.

Finishings are all listed in the original post along with pricing and square footage of each unit.

info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
The Following User Says Thank You to Travis Munroe For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2012, 08:19 AM   #20
ranchlandsselling
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Looks pretty cool.

Anyone have an area map?
http://www.calgarymlc.ca/explore-projects/east-village
Found it.

The Embassy Bosa parcel looks large. Not as much river frontage as I thought. Would be nice to see a layout of how it will go up. Likely the open area will be to the East? As 5th street might get quite busy (hopefully), there's the train and 5th ave bridges there.

Hopefully the building does well - that's a huge start for the area. Looks to be about 20% of the EV.

Here's a blurb from the City of Calgary website about the developer

Quote:
In October 2010, CMLC celebrated the announcement of the first major land development deal in East Village in more than a decade. Embassy Bosa Inc. will deliver approximately $300 million of mixed-use, multi-family residential development to the community. That equates to roughly 700,000 square feet of new residential and retail product over five years, including 600 new residential units.
Embassy Bosa Inc. is headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia. The developer’s international project expertise and creativity are unparalleled with mid-rise, mixed-use communities. The infusion of residents in Embassy Bosa neighbourhoods typically leads to a strong immigration of retail stores, restaurants and services to serve the needs of families and to benefit from the communities’ robust economic climates.
Pre-sales for the Embassy Bosa East Village project will begin in March 2012, with initial residential occupancies by late 2013. For more information about Embassy Bosa's first residential project, please visit www.evexperience.com