Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-10-2020, 10:11 AM   #281
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Brooklyn is now a lock for the 7 seed, so first round will be Toronto vs. Brooklyn and Milwaukee vs. Orlando.
octothorp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to octothorp For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2020, 10:56 AM   #282
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by octothorp View Post
Brooklyn is now a lock for the 7 seed, so first round will be Toronto vs. Brooklyn and Milwaukee vs. Orlando.
It is going to be interesting to watch this team and see how they manage without Kawhi. They are so fun to watch, I hope they can maintain the high level of play as the competition gets stiffer.
The Big Chill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 12:25 PM   #283
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think they’ll be fine. I had the same concern before the return but it looks like they have their heads on their shoulders and are really playing methodical. I have high doubts they win it all but in this type of season it’s not impossible.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 01:34 PM   #284
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Missing Kawhi is, as has been demonstrated all year, fine. Missing Irving, Durant, Dinwiddie and Jordan? Not so much. The first round should really be a sweep.

After that, though, any of the teams they could play in Rd2 will pose a serious challenge, especially the Celtics.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 01:11 PM   #285
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

It's quite amazing that Brooklyn has played so well with about 8 guys.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 09:54 PM   #286
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just watched Mavs Blazers and wow was that fun.

Here's what I don't understand though. The Blazers are 34 and 39. The Grizzlies and Suns are both 33 and 39. But all three teams have one more game left to play... meaning the Blazers get to play an extra game. That doesn't seem fair to me... obviously it's done by win percentage, but it just seems like the Blazers get an extra chance to make sure they get in.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
Old 08-11-2020, 10:02 PM   #287
flames_fan_down_under
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Damian Lillard is a really exciting player to watch. Probably my favorite player who is not a Raptor. But Doncic is just a freak too. Lot's of exciting young talent in the NBA right now to go along with Luka, like Ja Morant, Trae Young, Zion. The NBA is a lot of fun.
flames_fan_down_under is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 06:19 PM   #288
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Spurs 22-year playoff streak ends, Memphis assures themselves of at least a play-in experience between both Valanciunas and Morant getting triple doubles. The last play-in spot all comes down to Portland tonight. Beat the Nets, and the Blazers are the higher-seeded play-in team. Lose, and the undefeated (in the bubble) Suns make the play-in as the lower seed.

I've already seen some NBA pundits say that the play-in is exciting enough that it needs to be part of the standard NBA season. I think it definitely warrants consideration.
The Following User Says Thank You to octothorp For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2020, 06:40 PM   #289
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

The play ins are much better in hockey and basketball

No one wants to play with 10 games out and no one really wants to see these games

I’d love to see play in series in both sports
Jason14h is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jason14h For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2020, 09:40 PM   #290
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Wow LeVert misses the final shot and Portland survives 134-133 to take the 8th seed and will play Memphis.

Phoenix goes 8-0 but still falls short.

Old 08-13-2020, 09:40 PM   #291
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by octothorp View Post
Spurs 22-year playoff streak ends, Memphis assures themselves of at least a play-in experience between both Valanciunas and Morant getting triple doubles. The last play-in spot all comes down to Portland tonight. Beat the Nets, and the Blazers are the higher-seeded play-in team. Lose, and the undefeated (in the bubble) Suns make the play-in as the lower seed.

I've already seen some NBA pundits say that the play-in is exciting enough that it needs to be part of the standard NBA season. I think it definitely warrants consideration.

I'd like to see it in the NHL as well. Very exciting way to end the season and start the playoffs.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 08:34 AM   #292
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yup, that was some bull#### alright. The Bucks just throw a game to allow the Grizzlies into the playoffs, and instead of getting Lillard vs Booker, which would have been amazing, we get to watch the Blazers just stomp the Grizzlies into the ground.

I mean, I say we get to watch it, but no one's going to watch that.

This sucks.
The Following User Says Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2020, 11:14 AM   #293
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Raptors playing their B team today, should be interesting to see the bench get all the minutes. Denver is running their starters.

Old 08-14-2020, 01:48 PM   #294
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Even though a lot of these bench guys see hardly any actual game minutes, you can imagine how much they contribute to the team's success through practices. Some third-stringers come on and they're just hoisting up shots trying to get some stats to catch the coach's eye, these guys are playing hard and as a unit at both ends. Really impressive effort and execution.
Old 08-14-2020, 02:13 PM   #295
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

And with that win, the Raptors finish the regular season 53-19, .736%, which when applied to a 82 game season would be 60 wins, best in franchise history.
The Following User Says Thank You to octothorp For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2020, 02:14 PM   #296
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

It was a bit of an ugly watch, from what I saw. Nonetheless, the Raptors went 7-1 in bubble play, and that's got to be good momentum going into the games that matter.

Can't believe everyone's just taking the Suns thing lying down. At least they should have had a pre-play-in play-in, one game between the Suns and Grizzlies. They've both played one fewer game than the Blazers, and one of them has to win. That would have been must-see TV.
Old 08-17-2020, 03:17 PM   #297
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

73 points in the first half for the Raptors, decent.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mile For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2020, 03:18 PM   #298
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

What a beautiful first half. Complete domination by the Raps all over the court. 73-51 with Lowry and VanVleet combining for 30 already and Lowry has already drawn 3 charging calls.
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to activeStick For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2020, 03:37 PM   #299
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Brooklyn storming back - have cut the lead to 20
Enoch Root is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 03:38 PM   #300
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

The Nets will be a streaky team at times with their reliance on the 3.
The Big Chill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drake curse lifted , rtz , we the defending champs