Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2019, 10:33 AM   #3821
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Lost in Space season 2 is really good, and they really punched up the effects. Parker Posey is such a good slimy villain.
Was waiting for this to be released and I enjoyed it thoroughly! I just hope Season 3 doesn’t take years to be released!
csnarpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 01:14 PM   #3822
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

It appears that Dracula is going to be on Netflix on Jan 4.

It will be similar to Sherlock in that it will have 3 episodes, about 90 min each

Quite looking forward to it (and hope that now that it’s done, they get everyone together to make more Sherlock!)
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 05:06 PM   #3823
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Finished the Witcher. Plodded poorly for the 1st 3 episodes then got rolling from episode.4 and onward. Never played the games, never read the books. Still found it entertaining once it got going.
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 02:00 AM   #3824
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
Don't ###### With Cats is another good true crime documentary. It's a 3 part series on Luka Magnotta. I knew a bit about the story but it's crazier than I thought. Worth the time to watch.
Thanks for sharing, watching all 3 tonight!
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to activeStick For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2019, 08:39 PM   #3825
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Episode 6 of The Witcher was one of the worst bits of television I've ever seen.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 09:14 PM   #3826
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Don't #### with cats is awesome. And I can't believe i knew nothing about this.
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 09:20 PM   #3827
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

I've never even heard of The Witcher until this show came out. Loved the series.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 09:58 PM   #3828
sa226
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

The Witcher has a ton of potential if they keep it going. Interesting characters, potential for compelling storylines etc.

However, I wasn't a huge fan of this first installment. Weirdly low budget in some sequences, some strange tonal changes and the most obvious green screen ever.

I don't know how beholden they are to the books or whatever, but if a talented writer takes the concepts and characters available and runs with it, they could have something on their hands.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
sa226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 01:04 AM   #3829
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just watched the Ronny Chieng Netflix special and it was surprisingly good. I've seen some of his standups before and he was a bit much for me but he was pretty funny in his special.
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 10:03 AM   #3830
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

I have played Witcher. Didn't particularly like it, the story was disjointed and game I thought was just kinda lame. The show seems weird and the characters seem like they are acting like video game characters in dialogue selection cut scenes.
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 07:39 PM   #3831
Bent Wookie

Season 2 of You just out.

Didn't expect much when I saw S1 but I was quite good.

Have really been enjoying S2 - very Dexterish.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
Old 12-30-2019, 07:52 PM   #3832
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

You is good. It's enjoyable watching some weird hybrid form of scitzophrenia and massive cognitive dissonance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 10:29 AM   #3833
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Don't #### With Cats was sufficiently upsetting. I'm never going to get the look of that panicked cat in the tub video out of my mind. Actually had trouble sleeping last night.

It was pretty well done, but I wish I never watched it now.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 11:07 AM   #3834
cheevers
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
Don't #### With Cats was sufficiently upsetting. I'm never going to get the look of that panicked cat in the tub video out of my mind. Actually had trouble sleeping last night.

It was pretty well done, but I wish I never watched it now.
Do they show the cats dying? I don't think I could watch that and I have been wanting to see this. If they only show lead up and say what happened I might be able to get through it but even then it will be tough.
cheevers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 11:20 AM   #3835
albertGQ
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheevers View Post
Do they show the cats dying? I don't think I could watch that and I have been wanting to see this. If they only show lead up and say what happened I might be able to get through it but even then it will be tough.
They don't show it. It cuts away.

The 3 part mini series is a must watch. Especially for those that followed the case as it was going on in real time at the time

Very well done.
albertGQ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to albertGQ For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2019, 11:22 AM   #3836
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertGQ View Post
They don't show it. It cuts away.

The 3 part mini series is a must watch. Especially for those that followed the case as it was going on in real time at the time

Very well done.
It does show the aftermath at one point though.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 11:28 AM   #3837
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheevers View Post
I thought I would be OK to power through since they didn't show the actual act, but they do play the sounds of some of it and show the immediate lead up to the killings. There's one where a guy is throwing gasoline on a cat in a cage and the poor thing is screaming in fear. They also show a couple of the dead kittens afterwards. It took me 3 hours to get to sleep last night after going to bed. It really affected me.

If you're an animal lover this series WILL haunt you, so be warned. Like I said, I wish I hadn't watched it.

However, since I did I have a couple questions I can't find the answers for on the interwebz:

Spoiler!

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2019, 11:56 AM   #3838
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

It is a bit funny that so many people are more disturbed about the cats then the actual human murder. Definitely a good series though, worth the watch if you have the stomach.
The Big Chill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Big Chill For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2019, 12:00 PM   #3839
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
I thought I would be OK to power through since they didn't show the actual act, but they do play the sounds of some of it and show the immediate lead up to the killings. There's one where a guy is throwing gasoline on a cat in a cage and the poor thing is screaming in fear. They also show a couple of the dead kittens afterwards. It took me 3 hours to get to sleep last night after going to bed. It really affected me.

If you're an animal lover this series WILL haunt you, so be warned. Like I said, I wish I hadn't watched it.

However, since I did I have a couple questions I can't find the answers for on the interwebz:

Spoiler!
Spoiler!
The Big Chill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 12:11 PM   #3840
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The Irishman was good. Really, really good. I can imagine the pacing being a problem for some, as would be the runtime, but I found it enjoyable and interesting throughout. It was good to see Pesci on screen again, and I thought De Niro gave a fascinatingly authentic performance. I don't know how else to describe it. That said, Pacino knocked it out of the park as Hoffa. Best performance in the film to me.
Just watched it, really enjoyed it as well. Surprisingly it didn't feel like a 3.5 hr movie to me, only reason it took me two sittings is because I decided to start it at 10:30pm the first time. Man I miss Scorsese and that cast working together, hopefully that's not his only pairing with Pacino.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote