Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2020, 04:53 PM   #1221
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by red sky View Post
Tkachuk should goad Kassian into a fight but not drop the gloves. Would be hilarious.
Lol! Kassian, Oiler fans, and the Oilers media guys would absolutely lose their minds if this happened. Not to mention the inevitable tantrum from the Canadian hockey media in general would be hilarious.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to direwolf For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2020, 05:35 PM   #1222
Flame On
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacker View Post
Ah yes, St. Kassian. This troglodyte doesn't know what a clean hit is. He was suspended 20 games in junior for this predatory hit.

You can find countless examples from the NHL as well, if you wanted to be further disgusted.
Well bless him, the poor guy doesn't even know what water is, how can he be expected to know some hockey rules.
Insulted Other Member(s)
Don't insult other members; even if they are Canuck fans.
Flame On is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flame On For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2020, 05:36 PM   #1223
t0rrent98
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I'd like to hear what Keith tkachuk thinks of all this.
t0rrent98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 05:43 PM   #1224
McG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post
Lol! Kassian, Oiler fans, and the Oilers media guys would absolutely lose their minds if this happened. Not to mention the inevitable tantrum from the Canadian hockey media in general would be hilarious.
Meltdown would be cited as a global climate changing event, and the salty tears would have the north Saskatchewan declared as a salt water river.

Staples and his video analysis vhs machine suddenly merge to become Staplor, a new decepticon baddie that wears sweatpants with Velcro good shoes, smells of urine, and whose secret power is that he yells over autobots and humans about 80s oilers teams whenever confronted.
Old 01-17-2020, 05:49 PM   #1225
MissTeeks
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Kassian to have hearing with NHL **Assessed a two-game suspension**

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0rrent98 View Post
I'd like to hear what Keith tkachuk thinks of all this.

Ask and ye shall receive:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...tter-villains/

Quote:
OTTAWA – It’s not exactly headline material that two members of Matthew Tkachuk’s family went on the record Friday as staunch defenders of his controversial approach to the game.

However, what is significant was a point made by his father, Keith, who knows a thing or two about character.

About entertainment.

About selling the game.

Shrugging off the noise that has followed his son’s role in last weekend’s brouhaha, Keith took a wide-lense view of what it really is that has everyone talking about the Battle of Alberta again.

“The game, probably for the last few years, lacked personality,” said Keith, who logged 500 goals and 2200 penalty minutes over 18 NHL seasons.

“And I think it’s starting to come back.”
Quote:
Dad shrugs off the intense heat his eldest son has attracted of late, praising Matthew’s thick skin and maturity for making him one of the most skilled, calculating and polarizing players today.

(Admittedly, the vitriol hasn’t been quite as easy for mom to stomach.)

If anyone knows just how hard it is to get the best of Matthew, it’s his little bro.

“He has the thickest skin I’ve ever seen,” said Brady.

“He is so good at blocking stuff out like that, and all the negativity. You’ve seen it, his game is still top-end, even with all the distractions recently. That just speaks about his mental game, as well.

“I just know from personal experience, always being around him, that he doesn’t let stuff bother him. I think that’s something that is huge. Sometimes, there’s a lot of negativity toward somebody, so to block that out and still play your game, it’s pretty impressive.”

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Last edited by MissTeeks; 01-17-2020 at 06:01 PM.
MissTeeks is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to MissTeeks For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2020, 05:59 PM   #1226
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Clearly it won't last but it's sure been interesting for the site to be pretty much united against a pretty odd take from the North.

All those day to day rivalries we all have on the site just seemed to melt away for a few days.

As I said ... likely back to normal now!
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2020, 06:43 PM   #1227
doozwimp
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I'm pretty much ready to put this discussion to bed at least until the next BoA. For now here's my final word on the subject.

Last edited by doozwimp; 01-17-2020 at 06:48 PM. Reason: poor proof reader
doozwimp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to doozwimp For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2020, 06:56 PM   #1228
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by red sky View Post
Tkachuk should goad Kassian into a fight but not drop the gloves. Would be hilarious.
We should starting lineup Hartley style and goad all 6 Oilers into a fight and they can take 12mins of penalties off the hop.
topfiverecords is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to topfiverecords For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2020, 08:38 PM   #1229
Mattman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Kassian lotions his legs with his feet in the air.
Old 01-17-2020, 09:22 PM   #1230
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

Super Hans is my hero, lol!
calumniate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 09:25 PM   #1231
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame On View Post
Well bless him, the poor guy doesn't even know what water is, how can he be expected to know some hockey rules.
impossible... St.Kassian would never cheapshot another player?!?

#FakeCheck
oldschoolcalgary is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oldschoolcalgary For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2020, 09:40 PM   #1232
memphusk
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattman View Post
Kassian lotions his legs with his feet in the air.
I'm not sure why I laughed at this so hard, but thanks.
Old 01-17-2020, 10:52 PM   #1233
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Steam Whistle View Post
One thing that I don't think has been talked about much in this whole saga from my perspective, is how / why this whole Tkachuk deciding to target Kassian started in the first place started. I mean let's be clear, if Kassian and Tkachuk fought, it's a miss match, Tkachuk knows that, he's no fool, but he's certainly finding ways to get the better of him, in a situation that in my opinion Kassian started.

And it goes back to last year in that one meaningful game in Calgary between these two teams. Kassian pulled the same crap in that game, but that time, he did so literally for no reason. There were no hits on him, there were no hits on his team mates of any substance in that game............yet Kassian (and the Oiler media for some reason) felt Tkachuk owed Kassian a fight.............mind blowing..............and he pulled the jump him tactic at that time.

In that game, Tkachuk was slew footed by Draisatl and he ended up in scrum (where nothing happened) that McDavid started with Backlund. I get the whole protect McDavid thing, but even the most bias Oiler fan would have to admit nothing remotely concerning or physical happened to any of their stars in that game, or was even attempted on their stars.

Yet some how Kassian felt like Tkachuk owed him a fight............and jumped him. There's a lot of big talk from the Oilers right now about the code etc..... but he's the one that crossed the line first. He's the one that showed Tkachuk that he was going to go outside the code and jump him. He showed Tkachuk what he's really all about, and what kind of respect he deserves........which is none. So if Tkachuk's response to a player who's shown his true colours like that, who Tkachuk surely can't beat physically in a fight, is to bide his time, and wait for opportunities to stick it to him well within the rules of the NHL, I say good for him and all this code bull #### can go right out the window because Kassian certainly proved he doesn't follow it himself.
In the first game, McDavid had Backlund in the headlock, and tackled him dangerously to the ground (until Saturday’s game this was by a significant amount the most dirty thing to happen in the BOA for a while). Tkachuk came to protect Backlund, and jumped on McDavid. The Oilers came to think that this was Tkachuk being the aggressor against McDavid, but Tkachuk was simply protecting Backlund. Like you said, all the events from Kassian probably follow out of that McDavid Tackle.

Frankly, McDavid should still have to answer the bell for that tackle. How about a captain vs captain?
Old 01-19-2020, 02:09 PM   #1234
Split98
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Clearly it won't last but it's sure been interesting for the site to be pretty much united against a pretty odd take from the North.

All those day to day rivalries we all have on the site just seemed to melt away for a few days.

Yeah, I'll bet you're happy to have a distraction from all the clearly wrong points you've been making lately
Split98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 03:34 PM   #1235
Rikster
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post

For what it's worth, the Bieksa and Kesler podcast discusses the incident and has Kassian on the show...

https://kesandjuice.com/

It's episode 7
Rikster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 08:54 PM   #1236
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikster View Post
For what it's worth, the Bieksa and Kesler podcast discusses the incident and has Kassian on the show...

https://kesandjuice.com/

It's episode 7
Didn't listen to all of it, just the first 10 minutes or so. But they start they talk about the game within the game, and how this whole incident is that, and Kassian did the right thing, and Tkachuk was wrong to not fight back.

It shows how dumb hockey players, and it's culture is in general since Tkachuk is playing the game within the game perfectly based on the response and the end response. He provoked a response that gave his team an advantage that they made use of that won them the game. How this is not getting discussed by those in the hockey community more show how narrow minded the community is.

Looking like a bitch after making a player your bitch is 100% worth it when it leads to the game winning goal thanks to stupidity.
Joborule is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Joborule For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2020, 09:53 PM   #1237
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

When I think of reasonable, mature and intelligent discussion, I think of Bieksa and Kesler.
Said no one ever.
Old 01-19-2020, 11:09 PM   #1238
OldDutch
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Bieksa nickname is “Juice”?

As in that Ferkland guy really juiced Bieksa into the boards again?
OldDutch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 11:20 PM   #1239
Yoho
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDutch View Post
Bieksa nickname is “Juice”?

As in that Ferkland guy really juiced Bieksa into the boards again?
Guzzler...

Yoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 12:42 AM   #1240
1qqaaz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I couldn't care less about this whole ordeal. Just win and put in a good effort.
1qqaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 1qqaaz For This Useful Post: