Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2013, 08:47 PM   #341
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

I quite enjoyed this weeks episode... a parody of Game of Thrones and the PS4 vs XBone debate!
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 01:47 AM   #342
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

What a fantastic episode. So much to love. The poke at the insanity of Black Friday, which has always been a pet peeve of mine. The Game of Thrones tie in spoof/homage. And the fanboy console debate. Great episode!

And it looks like their going to 2 or 3 part it!

Oh! And a Tickle Me Elmo slam accompanied with Elmo voice actor slam! Gold Jerry, gold!

EDIT: Not sure I'd call it a top episode as the jokes weren't flying fast and furious as some of their best episodes, but probably the best episode we've seen in a year or two. If not right up there. The parody of the topics was spot on, the plot was intriguing, and it left me wanting more, which it appears they might do.

Last edited by Daradon; 11-15-2013 at 01:52 AM.
Daradon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:22 AM   #343
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Spoiler!

I had to pause the PVR because I was laughing so hard at this part. That episode was pure gold, you can always see when they actually like something as they will poke fun at it but not destroy it. Which is what we get with GoT here.

My favourite part of the entire episode is when they beak themselves for not finishing their video game on time and having to delay it. If you don't know what I am talking about go back and re watch the part where Cartman beaks pre orders. Hilarious, because they got a lot of beaks online about it, and then had the balls to suck it up admit they were in the wrong and even beak themselves, haha.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:53 AM   #344
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Swears

NSFW!
Old 11-15-2013, 12:21 PM   #345
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Great episode. South Park's multi-parters never disappoint.
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:27 PM   #346
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Brack Friday Bunduru.
Bigtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 02:43 AM   #347
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

Anyone catch this weeks episode? They continued where they left off.

Wasn't as good as last week, pushed the wiener joke to much I thought, especially since I can't even remember seeing that many shlongs in the show, haha. I know it's happened, but it's not like the amount of female nudity they have in there.

But there were some good laughs and parody.

They tease spoiling parts that haven't been shown yet on the TV series GoT but don't actually do it. In fact they don't really spoil anything at all even in the three seasons that have been filmed if you're not caught up.

They do mention
Spoiler!
but I wouldn't call it a spoiler as they don't really explain it or say anything about it, they just mention it, so even if you haven't seen that episode yet it doesn't really spoil anything. But, I'll be safe here just in case.

And it looks like it's going to a third episode! Hopefully they'll have a strong finish, this one was definitely a little weaker.

Last edited by Daradon; 11-22-2013 at 02:46 AM.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:19 AM   #348
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have faith in the third part, and still really liked this last episode. Lady McCormick going all "Japanese Princess Kenny" had me laughing like crazy for some reason.

Oh and the garden walks are the best, love how the old man starts chirping in telling the person not to trust Cartman.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:39 AM   #349
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

GOT related spoiler, playing it safe don't click if you haven't read the books:

edit:
Spoiler!

I thought it was a great episode, favourite parts where Martin saying don't worry the pizzas are coming! And them pushing Black Friday back a week on his recommendation. Total troll hahah.

I thought the penis jokes were actually pretty funny.. but again i don't remember a lot of penises in the show. Still good, makes me wonder if this is a four part now since BF is pushed back a week?

Last edited by GreenLantern; 11-23-2013 at 10:16 AM.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 07:58 PM   #350
FunkMasterFlame
Scoring Winger

Exp:

No I don't think its a 4-parter. I'm pretty sure the whole "Black Friday getting pushed back a week gag" was their tongue-in-cheek way of saying they were pushing the 3rd episode back as well, since there isn't a new episode airing next week.

And yes I was also shocked about the spoiler that they dropped, but like you said, it was mixed in with a bunch of other fake penis-related spoilers so it's probably ok.
FunkMasterFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FunkMasterFlame For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2013, 09:13 PM   #351
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'll have to watch it again to catch that spoiler, I assume book people are safe to hear it?
Old 11-23-2013, 07:52 AM   #352
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Following User Says Thank You to Bigtime For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2013, 07:42 PM   #353
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkMasterFlame View Post
No I don't think its a 4-parter. I'm pretty sure the whole "Black Friday getting pushed back a week gag" was their tongue-in-cheek way of saying they were pushing the 3rd episode back as well, since there isn't a new episode airing next week.

And yes I was also shocked about the spoiler that they dropped, but like you said, it was mixed in with a bunch of other fake penis-related spoilers so it's probably ok.
Not only were they being self depricating with the pushed back joke, but I think it was also a dig at Martin and his lengthy timeline in writing the books and not being able or knowing how to finish.

Princess Kenny was pretty funny, though it's not the first time they did Japanese cartoon jokes.

Now I'm a little worried about spoilers though, I think I know what you guys are talking about. Damn you Matt and Trey!!!
Old 11-24-2013, 03:28 AM   #354
Mike F
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daradon View Post
Not only were they being self depricating with the pushed back joke, but I think it was also a dig at Martin and his lengthy timeline in writing the books and not being able or knowing how to finish.
The dig at Martin for his lengthy writing schedule was the pizzas - after continually promising they're on their way, he then asks what they want on them. Butters says something like "He hasn't even ordered them yet!" And Martin's response is: "Don't worry, they're coming. And there's not just going to be two pizzas, but five! And they're going to be huge!"

But, yeah, the spoiler was huge. Any non-book readers should avoid the episode.
Mike F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 08:00 AM   #355
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh wow yeah that spoiler is huge.
Old 11-24-2013, 11:19 AM   #356
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Glad I checked this thread before I caught up on the episodes. Dick move to put any spoiler in there. Guess I'll have to skip South Park for a while.

Simpsons gave away Lost when I was about 3/4 of the way through the series on Netflix. Rage inducing (even though the finale was about the worst thing I ever watched).

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 01:21 AM   #357
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

Well, I wonder if some SP fans here can tell us who have not read the GoT books if the final episode includes spoilers or not.

I would definitely appreciate that considering I'm pretty sure I know what was spoiled on the last one. I would like to see how the Black Friday episodes wrap up, but I'm not going to risk ruining GoT for me.

I'm all caught up on the shows, but I have only read the first book.

So I'll poke my head in here before I watch the next episode, hopefully some book readers can let us know.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:21 AM   #358
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

No new episode this week though right? Next week I believe.

I'm more than happy to watch it and report here if they spoil anything for TV viewers of GoT.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bigtime For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2013, 08:36 AM   #359
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

I thought all the GoT content I wasn't familiar with was made up. But now reading this, I know it's not, and only one thing they said could be considered "huge".

Basically you guys spoilered it, not South Park. Jerks!
Bill Bumface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:55 AM   #360
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkrogan View Post
I thought all the GoT content I wasn't familiar with was made up. But now reading this, I know it's not, and only one thing they said could be considered "huge".

Basically you guys spoilered it, not South Park. Jerks!
Yeah, that's what I thought too, as shown by my first post after the second episode, but I can't really get mad at people for 'noticing' it. They technically didn't say, though like you said, only one thing makes sense as huge.

An honest mistake, and at least this way we've got some people looking out for us if there are more in the third episode.
The Following User Says Thank You to Daradon For This Useful Post: