Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2020, 04:46 PM   #8201
kyuss275
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cobra View Post
But what is the Panthers motivation to downgrade its first round pic plus if the Panthers move Ekblad one of the reasons is to save cap. It they wanted Johnny, it would be more like a Johnny plus the 49th for Ekblad, although I expect they would rather a younger top 6 forward with more control.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yup . A #1 right shot dman is worth more than a winger. The only thing worth more than a right shot #1 dman is a true #1 center. Johnny hockey is not bringing back either of those in trade unless the flames add ( probably quite a bit).
Old 09-27-2020, 06:44 PM   #8202
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

If he was worth so much, especially to the team, they wouldn't be rumoured to be shopping him.
Old 09-27-2020, 06:48 PM   #8203
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Cali would be the person to ask, but hasn't Ekblad really failed to improve for a couple seasons now? I thought the feeling around him was that he's been a pretty big disappointment?
Old 09-27-2020, 06:55 PM   #8204
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
Cali would be the person to ask, but hasn't Ekblad really failed to improve for a couple seasons now? I thought the feeling around him was that he's been a pretty big disappointment?
He didn’t take the step into Elite that most were expecting, but he’s still a solid top pairing defenseman, and has been for several seasons. He isn’t going anywhere game wise for a long time. 23 and if he doesn’t improve he’s still a top pairing guy.
Old 09-27-2020, 07:11 PM   #8205
Sandman
Franchise Player

Exp:

He took another step in the right direction this season-41pts in 67 games.
Old 09-27-2020, 07:11 PM   #8206
albertGQ
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is Ekblad a legit #1 Dman? I know he was drafted to be one. I don't watch many Panthers game. is he just a top 4 D man?
Old 09-27-2020, 07:19 PM   #8207
kyuss275
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poe969 View Post
If he was worth so much, especially to the team, they wouldn't be rumoured to be shopping him.

I have not seen any rumours that Florida is shopping Ekblad. I have seen trade proposals involving him, but it’s more of a ‘wonder if Florida would be interested in trade him’.

Last edited by kyuss275; 09-27-2020 at 07:21 PM.
Old 09-27-2020, 07:27 PM   #8208
Niemo
Scoring Winger

Exp:

If Florida looses both Dadonov and Hoffman, would they be interested in:

FLA 2020 1st + Knight for Johnny? Would we? Also assuming Hall is signing here.
Old 09-27-2020, 07:33 PM   #8209
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niemo View Post
If Florida looses both Dadonov and Hoffman, would they be interested in:

FLA 2020 1st + Knight for Johnny? Would we? Also assuming Hall is signing here.
Id want Denisenko in any Johnny deal with FLA.
Old 09-27-2020, 07:34 PM   #8210
fenix_sk
Draft Pick

Does anybody here listen to the "Missin' Curfew" podcast with Shane O'Brien, Scottie Upshall, and Jimmy Hayes? Hayes said he had a reliable source that told him the following trade was picking up steam:

To Philly: Johnny Gaudreau + prospect?
To Cgy: Jakub Voracek + Shayne Gostisbehere

He doesn't name his source (obviously), but he said it is someone who has a great relationship with many NHL GMs? I think something needs to happen with the Flames, but not sure we need a 30 year old winger. I'm intrigued about Ghost, because he looked really good a few season ago, but really tapered off. Thoughts?
Old 09-27-2020, 07:36 PM   #8211
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenix_sk View Post
Does anybody here listen to the "Missin' Curfew" podcast with Shane O'Brien, Scottie Upshall, and Jimmy Hayes? Hayes said he had a reliable source that told him the following trade was picking up steam:

He doesn't name his source (obviously), but he said it is someone who has a great relationship with many NHL GMs? I think something needs to happen with the Flames, but not sure we need a 30 year old winger. I'm intrigued about Ghost, because he looked really good a few season ago, but really tapered off. Thoughts?
treliving should be fired if he's considering this trade without significant additions from Philadelphia
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Monahammer For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2020, 07:36 PM   #8212
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

This was discussed days ago and smell of vomit remains in this thread from so many Flames fans puking in disgust.
Old 09-27-2020, 07:36 PM   #8213
kyuss275
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Didn’t Eklund propose that trade?
Old 09-27-2020, 07:37 PM   #8214
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:

Terrible trade, if that's all Johnny Hockey can get let's keep him. He's one season removed from 100 points! Jeez....

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2020, 07:38 PM   #8215
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Quote:

For the record, he said that Philly would be including a big name prospect to make that work if the return was just Voracek and Gostisbehere, not that Calgary was including a prospect.

Even then, I think this is just what Eklund was spewing recently.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AC For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2020, 07:39 PM   #8216
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

It’s one of the piece of crap rumours that was created by a fan on Twitter and peddled around by other out of market fans.

...if that trade actually took place, I’d be on the phone cancelling my season tickets quicker than Shane O’Brien could eat a dirty burger. Then after I cancel, I’d call back and cancel again. I’d repeat this every hour until Tree was let go.

And I’ve got a lot of time on my hands.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ComixZone For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2020, 07:40 PM   #8217
fenix_sk
Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
For the record, he said that Philly would be including a big name prospect to make that work if the return was just Voracek and Gostisbehere, not that Calgary was including a prospect.

Even then, I think this is just what Eklund was spewing recently.
My bad, missed that part about the prospect coming our way.
Old 09-27-2020, 07:40 PM   #8218
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:

Maybe replace Voracek with Konecny gets it done but not much chance Philly does that.

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2020, 07:43 PM   #8219
Niemo
Scoring Winger

Exp:

That Philly deal is garbage. Fire Tre before he can send in the Fax!

Both a Voracek and Ghost have negative value because of their contracts IMO.
Old 09-27-2020, 07:50 PM   #8220
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

I could see a deal being Gostisbhere, Frost, 1st and I have long stated I would hate that deal if it happens. Once I heard Frost is still expansion exempt it made me feel a little more accepting of the deal but I still am not a fan.

If the Flames end up with one of Frost or Patrick I truly hope New Era/Damage79 can be serving heaping plates of crow to myself and others who are not enamored with those players as they pan out.

Right now it really feels like the Flyers are the team where all the smoke is around Gaudreau
Closed Thread