Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2019, 02:08 PM   #181
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

One last signing for the year. Gabriel Bitar, who was the #1 draft pick from the USports draft has been signed. I'm surprised, as I was under the impression that Tommy didn't rate him over the other forwards / attacking mids.

Also, Chris Serban is out for the year with a knee injury.

Old 04-24-2019, 02:28 PM   #182
CofR
Olympic Guru

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by M*A*S*H 4077 View Post

Is anyone going to the open house/exhibition on Saturday?
I’m working this weekend so won’t be able to make it, but I’ll certainly be on the bus from Rose & Crown on the 4th
Old 04-24-2019, 04:42 PM   #183
bituman
Draft Pick

I will be there!
Old 04-25-2019, 08:23 AM   #184
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Article in the Calgary Sun about last night's event, including an interview with yours truly. Surprised they went with the "corporate ultras" photo in the end...

https://calgarysun.com/sports/soccer...st-approaching

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2019, 09:13 AM   #185
lazypucker
First Line Centre

Exp:

Can anyone comment on the sizing of the jerseys since some of you probably seen them in person on the event last night. If I am going to order some, should I be ordering 1 or 2 (or even more) sizes up?
Old 04-25-2019, 09:17 AM   #186
Arsenal14
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazypucker View Post
Can anyone comment on the sizing of the jerseys since some of you probably seen them in person on the event last night. If I am going to order some, should I be ordering 1 or 2 (or even more) sizes up?
They definitely fit small. I'd say I'm normally a medium and am going up to a large for my jersey, though even that I'm a little worried about. Depends how loose you like your jerseys but I'd say at least one size up for sure.
Old 04-25-2019, 09:52 AM   #187
CofR
Olympic Guru

Exp:

Quote:
They certainly fit small, I tried them on last night and can attest to it. I'm normally a Large but ended up getting an XXL in the Macron because the L and XL were both too tight across the chest and shoulders. Last night they said that they have the home jerseys in at the Spruce Meadows shop if you want to head down there and try them on yourself, they also stated that they'll be getting the away jerseys in shortly and may have them by Saturday.
Old 04-25-2019, 10:00 AM   #188
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

I personally can't wait for this season to begin, so exciting. Can't wait to bust out my Cavalry lid and scarf next Saturday!

Is anyone else going to watch the York / Forge game on Saturday? And furthermore, would it be shown at a place like the Ship? I'm so now vested in this league as a whole, and want it so badly to succeed and grow.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2019, 10:06 AM   #189
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
I personally can't wait for this season to begin, so exciting. Can't wait to bust out my Cavalry lid and scarf next Saturday!

Is anyone else going to watch the York / Forge game on Saturday? And furthermore, would it be shown at a place like the Ship? I'm so now vested in this league as a whole, and want it so badly to succeed and grow.
Doubt the game gets played at the Ship with the Premier League on at the same time, although Brighton / Newcastly isn't exactly an exciting game.

I'm trying to get some people together at Home & Away for this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2019, 11:27 AM   #190
Thunderball
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Macron definitely fits small. I'm usually a L in Adidas, Nike and Puma for pretty much everything except authentic jerseys, where I size up to XL.

For the macron jersey, I had to go to XXL and its a good fit, but far from baggy.

For macron gear, I had to size up to XL, since the L was really tight in the chest and shoulders.

When the sizing goes to 5XL, you know it's gonna be small.
The Following User Says Thank You to Thunderball For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2019, 11:28 AM   #191
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Man, Pacific FC seems really intent on not making this easy on themselves. They have a shuttle that goes from downtown Victoria out to their stadium that's a pain in the ass to get to for anyone living in Victoria...and it seats 25 people. Phenomenal work, guys.
Old 04-25-2019, 01:23 PM   #192
CorbeauNoir
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Man, Pacific FC seems really intent on not making this easy on themselves. They have a shuttle that goes from downtown Victoria out to their stadium that's a pain in the ass to get to for anyone living in Victoria...and it seats 25 people. Phenomenal work, guys.
Again, after having lived in Halifax it stuns me that they of all places seem to have the most sensible and convenient and appropriately-sized solution for a home field.
Old 04-25-2019, 04:53 PM   #193
RM14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Any chance they drastically adjust their pricing? It's pretty clear there are going to be a lot of empty games in this brand new grandstand.

They should immediately upgrade all season ticket holders to the middle seats, and slash prices and begin a new season ticket blitz.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RM14 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2019, 05:25 PM   #194
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorbeauNoir View Post
Again, after having lived in Halifax it stuns me that they of all places seem to have the most sensible and convenient and appropriately-sized solution for a home field.
I saw Halifax's new stadium up close recently. You couldn't ask for a better located stadium in any municipality, it being dead center at the base of the Citadel. Great location with walking distance from Dalhousie and the surrounding urban neighborhoods too.
Old 04-26-2019, 07:55 AM   #195
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pricing for One Soccer is out.

$9.99 a month, or $74.99 a year, or $49.99 a season for CPL season ticket holders.

First month is free as well.

Old 04-26-2019, 09:11 AM   #196
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM14 View Post
Any chance they drastically adjust their pricing? It's pretty clear there are going to be a lot of empty games in this brand new grandstand.

They should immediately upgrade all season ticket holders to the middle seats, and slash prices and begin a new season ticket blitz.
For this season? Nil.

And based on what's showing as available and what's taken on Ticketmaster - especially for mid-week games a few months out - I'd say they've got about 1500-1800 season tickets. Which, given the F off pricing, they are probably happy with.

Ticket prices might come down if they continue to fail to sell those $60-$100 seats to anyone else, but not before next year. Or if a bunch of people cancel their season tickets after one year.
Old 04-26-2019, 09:28 AM   #197
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

I can live with OneSoccer's pricing. The annual cost of $75 spreads out to a little over $6/month. If they are having national team matches plus some other produced content, I can get behind that.

As a Norwich supporter, I currently pay $190 for iFollow and $150 for DAZN. And Norwich is almost certainly promoted, DAZN had 100% of the Premier League rights next year, so that means I can cancel iFollow, keep DAZN, subscribe to OneSoccer, and still come out $115 ahead.

Long story short - my soccer budget permits this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimmy Stang For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2019, 09:53 AM   #198
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM14 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
For this season? Nil.

And based on what's showing as available and what's taken on Ticketmaster - especially for mid-week games a few months out - I'd say they've got about 1500-1800 season tickets. Which, given the F off pricing, they are probably happy with.

Ticket prices might come down if they continue to fail to sell those $60-$100 seats to anyone else, but not before next year. Or if a bunch of people cancel their season tickets after one year.
They've backed themselves into a corner, unfortunately. Any price change would undercut their season ticket holders in one way or another. Upgrades and refunds would be a logistical nightmare.

They really need to have a look at pricing for next year. They've probably/hopefully already realized that they fumbled this one. Hopefully enough new fans can get reasonably-priced tickets, but I fear that they'll be tough to come by while the centre sections sit empty and/or are given away to sponsors.
Old 04-26-2019, 01:21 PM   #199
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

The prices aren't changing for this year. I think people just need to realize that and move on. I've had the conversation over high ticket prices with Ian, Tommy, and others at Spruce Meadows, and they've made their decision. So give up that dream for this year, and revisit it in the winter when the 2020 season ticket prices are marketed.

Also, people might look at prices offered by the Ship and Anchor and think that is the club giving in to fill the stadium. But the reality is that the Ship is actually paying the full price of the ticket (likely with a discount because it is a block of tickets that they are purchasing), paying for the bus out of pocket, and pouring a free pint. All to get extra people in the bar in the hopes of prying out a little more money on a second pint, or food. They did the same for Calgary Foothills games last year, and lost a lot of money doing so due to lack of demand.

The Following User Says Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2019, 02:06 PM   #200
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

^ Agreed. I'd be curious in your conversations if you got any hints that they at least realize their miscalculation. Obviously publicly they are going to stand by their prices. What else can they do, especially at this point?

That being said, full marks to the Ship and the Foot Soldiers for putting something like this together. I certainly hope that they got a nice bulk rate on the tickets, but even then, there is a lot of risk and cost for them. I hope that it is successful as it does address some of the issues like ticket cost (albeit not in the same tier of ticket, of course), location/transportation, etc. It should help continue to build a good supporters culture.

Edit: And I'm not trying to dump on your parade on the eve of the season starting. I'm excited too. Just having a conversation, as you've had more contact with the club in your role in the Foot Soldiers.
Closed Thread

Tags
2xchamps , canadian premier league , canpl , cavalry fc , fc edmonton is no good , fuforge