Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 05-30-2020, 02:54 PM   #1
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default The Pond - TV Series ***FULL MINI-SERIES online RIGHT NOW***

Short web-series all shot in Calgary. The FULL MINI-SERIES is uploaded now. Appreciate all who have and are watching. Keep spreading it if you enjoy it and we may have some lines on making more of it.

www.thepondtv.com
@thepond.show on Instagram
https://www.facebook.com/thepondseries/
@thepond_tv on Twitter

Last edited by Coach; 07-14-2020 at 08:56 PM.
Coach is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Coach For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2020, 12:42 PM   #2
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Looks great...best of luck!
Old 06-05-2020, 11:59 AM   #3
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hey all, for any who were actually tracking this, I have decided to delay the release of the project. In honesty, I have been wrestling with it since dropping the trailer, as I wasn't paying attention to the world while editing and didn't realize what was happening until only a few hours after doing the web-spam of marketing. Since, I just haven't felt right about posting anything that's not focused on the real problem happening in front of our faces. Hopefully there can be a little light in the next few weeks. All the best and thanks for continued support.

Old 06-23-2020, 03:26 PM   #4
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

New trailer today with the new release date of June 29th!

Would mean a lot to see this get shared around if people would be so kind!

https://thepondtv.com/

Old 06-24-2020, 10:14 AM   #5
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Going live this morning on Instagram with @thestargroomer who has almost 100K followers. We'll be chatting at 11 AM MST/1PM EST. Follow her account to view the live stream!

https://www.instagram.com/thestargroomer/

Old 06-28-2020, 09:32 AM   #6
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Part One is set for release tomorrow at all our links! Please share it around!! New trailer below .

www.thepondtv.com
@thepond.show on Instagram
https://www.facebook.com/thepondseries/
@thepond_tv on Twitter

Old 06-29-2020, 04:56 PM   #7
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Premiering in 5:

Old 07-06-2020, 05:13 PM   #8
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Part TWO live now! School is starting at Bankview High. Language is NSFW.

Old 07-14-2020, 08:55 PM   #9
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

The third and final episode is live now. Thanks for tuning in and hope you enjoyed it. Could have a shot at making more, we'll see.

Old 07-15-2020, 09:00 AM   #10
Camronius
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Watched all 3, cool little project. There was enough story there to keep me engaged, curious where the story arcs from here.

Don't feel like your obligated to answer, however, these smaller projects often find success with a little back story from the owners/producers which helps the viewers buy-in even more. What's your role in the mini-series? What's the background and motivation of the project? What goals would you like to achieve with it? Anything else you want to add?

sidenote: You're probably already aware, but it's best to make your youtube "viewable" content longer than 10 mins. Viewable meaning all content minus intro's/credits. Youtube's algorithm is more likely to promote videos where users are engaged 10 mins or longer... also it opens the door for monetization on youtube with ads etc. Anyways, thought I'd share.

Last edited by Camronius; 07-15-2020 at 09:08 AM.
Camronius is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Camronius For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2020, 06:20 PM   #11
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camronius View Post
Watched all 3, cool little project. There was enough story there to keep me engaged, curious where the story arcs from here.

Don't feel like your obligated to answer, however, these smaller projects often find success with a little back story from the owners/producers which helps the viewers buy-in even more. What's your role in the mini-series? What's the background and motivation of the project? What goals would you like to achieve with it? Anything else you want to add?

sidenote: You're probably already aware, but it's best to make your youtube "viewable" content longer than 10 mins. Viewable meaning all content minus intro's/credits. Youtube's algorithm is more likely to promote videos where users are engaged 10 mins or longer... also it opens the door for monetization on youtube with ads etc. Anyways, thought I'd share.
Appreciate the comments. I did indeed have a little pre-amble posted originally, but once they started to come out I figure best to just post them.

I'm the writer/director/editor (also play the coach). We shot it in Calgary in 2018 as a single pilot episode and have been trying to get it sold as a project. With covid I decided to release the full thing as 3 parts (that's why they are the length they are, it was originally one whole piece). All the cast is from Calgary. It's based on my experiences coaching minor hockey in Calgary, which I did for 6 years in my 20s. The cast is all from Calgary and the crew was just a small group of recently graduated film students.

Trying to get it off the ground as a streaming series, there are some higher up people watching it that are going to help push that side of it, as they are happy with the quality of it, particularly with the minimal budget. But I was hoping to get a bit of a CP boost going to punch up the views, as a Canadian hockey series is a bit of a tough sell, as it seems so cliche, and also there's a prevailing idea that the audience is small, which I obviously disagree with. But for now, this is all there is.
Old 07-29-2020, 09:50 AM   #12
longsuffering
First Line Centre

Exp:

Bump

Hey guys. Been away awhile. Miss me?

Anyway ... Catching up on recent posts and came this one.

I feel like CP could show a lot more support to Coach (who I don't know, never met) for his (dare I say) passion project. It's a personal story!

Best of luck Coach!

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
longsuffering is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to longsuffering For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2020, 08:05 AM   #13
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

Coach, I gave you a few views from the States with our sweet algorithm advertising mojo!

Heres a positive and a negative for feedback: Music was on point, even stuff that wasn't in my genre wheelhouse. However, the music volume and conversation volume were pretty disjointed. I was listening in headphones and was constantly going from low to high.

Great job though. I already felt invested in these characters and hope you get the chance to tell their stories!
This individual is not affluent and more of a member of that shrinking middle class. It is likely the individual does not have a high paying job, is limited on benefits, and has to make due with those benefits provided by employer.
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dobbles For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2020, 10:20 AM   #14
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Appreciate the bump and the comments! (For those who may not know, I used to be MattyC here).

Yeah the sound has had mixed comments. It's weird. Some hear everything fine, some note what you're talking about. From my editing perspective everything sounded great and I spent a lot of time on the sound mixing, but it's not my forte. When things end up going through different types of headphones, it's tough to standardize.

Anyways, yeah appreciate the views, we actually have some pretty big name film people that want to bring it to people they know at Netflix and HBO, but we need to get the views up.

I don't have an account at HF, and Reddit didn't let me post it for....reasons (self promotion, like no one does that there...). But if anyone would be so kind as to share it across those types of platforms it would be really great. We're starting a big marketing push now that all the episodes are out.

Again thanks for the comments much appreciated.
Old 07-30-2020, 01:55 PM   #15
Tiger
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Thanks for posting it, I'll share it out. I know one of the actors Gary Layton well. I'll share it however I can
The Following User Says Thank You to Tiger For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2020, 02:00 PM   #16
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
Thanks for posting it, I'll share it out. I know one of the actors Gary Layton well. I'll share it however I can
Awesome! Gary was fantastic and has some great scenes, mostly in the 3rd episode.
Old 07-30-2020, 04:27 PM   #17
Tiger
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
Awesome! Gary was fantastic and has some great scenes, mostly in the 3rd episode.
fun seeing him yelling and being all serious when he is always so funny.