Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment

View Poll Results: Who do you think gets to meet Lucile first?
Glenn 66 47.14%
Rosita 0 0%
Daryl 10 7.14%
Michonne 2 1.43%
Abe 31 22.14%
Maggie 4 2.86%
Rick 2 1.43%
Sasha 2 1.43%
Aaron 7 5.00%
Carl 1 0.71%
Eugene 14 10.00%
Somebody else 1 0.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-30-2018, 11:27 AM   #2041
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wonder if this is why they got Morgan onto FTWD, you can roll TWD into FTWD and continue on with that show.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 11:47 AM   #2042
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I actually kind of agree.

Its going to be 9 seasons, thats a hell of a run and it probably would be one of the top series on TV right now if not for Game of Thrones. Almost certainly the top Network show.

Thats something you can hang your hat on, but they've got some excellent actors that probably want an opportunity to move on with their careers.
It's not even the best show on AMC. Better Call Saul destroys the boring dead.
Johnny Makarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 02:05 PM   #2043
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
They should try to wrap it up soon with some kind of definitive conclusion. Find a cure, asteroid collision, find some kind of real civilization - I mean, at this point there could be some normal civilization operating somewhere nearby to a metropolis that they haven't heard about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto-matic View Post
Thinking back onto the S8 Finale with the setup of a Civil War. Could Rick be a casualty from Maggie's group trying to take out Negan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
If they really wanted to do it right, they would have Rick sacrifice himself or die in some sort of effort that finally finds a cure.
While there have been lots of divergences and changes from the comics throughout the course of the show, there are still comics that are still being published. They have as many seasons of stories left as they could possibly want if they want to use that source material. I suspect no one is even thinking about this sort of stuff - they'll keep on keeping on until it gets cancelled, and then end it at the conclusion of whatever storyline they're doing at the time. Simple as that. And it allows for the possibility that even if AMC doesn't want to continue it, a streaming service might pick it up.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 02:13 PM   #2044
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Makarov View Post
http://www.thisisinsider.com/most-po...ngs-netflix-19

The only shows more watched in 2018 have been Game of Thrones and Stranger Things.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 07:37 AM   #2045
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Makarov View Post
Yet you continue to post in the thread.
habernac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to habernac For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2018, 07:43 AM   #2046
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

So if Andy is rumored to only be in 6 episodes, do you wrap up the Atlanta Groups Story line for the first half. Start a new one for the second half and continue to S10?
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 08:03 AM   #2047
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hope he at least gets a suitable death and gets torn apart by walkers, not going out like a bitch like Coral.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 08:22 AM   #2048
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

I could see him being lost in a way that makes you assume he is dead, but allows for his return if need be. Like falling off a cliff, somebody looks down and sees the body tumble and go splat. Then in season 11 when he returns we find out he hit a ledge and landed on a walker, and it was actually the walker that went splat.

I would also like to see the show take a different turn. A bit of a return to civilization, but the ongoing issue of having to get rid of the herds of walkers. Then maybe somebody working on a cure, but needs to find "patient 0" walkers- ones who turned right at the beginning.

I also wouldn't mind seeing the character played by another actor. I have seen that done in other shows occasionally.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 09:30 AM   #2049
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
I could see him being lost in a way that makes you assume he is dead, but allows for his return if need be. Like falling off a cliff, somebody looks down and sees the body tumble and go splat. Then in season 11 when he returns we find out he hit a ledge and landed on a walker, and it was actually the walker that went splat.

I would also like to see the show take a different turn. A bit of a return to civilization, but the ongoing issue of having to get rid of the herds of walkers. Then maybe somebody working on a cure, but needs to find "patient 0" walkers- ones who turned right at the beginning.

I also wouldn't mind seeing the character played by another actor. I have seen that done in other shows occasionally.
Okay, your comment made me think a bit, but I am 100% on board with your plan. That would be brilliant.

Rick 'dies' and Negan takes over until he gradually turns evil and then Rick comes back to save the day. Riding a horse. Because why not?

I like it.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 05-31-2018, 09:39 AM   #2050
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Okay, your comment made me think a bit, but I am 100% on board with your plan. That would be brilliant.

Rick 'dies' and Negan takes over until he gradually turns evil and then Rick comes back to save the day. Riding a horse. Because why not?

I like it.

A Deus Ex Rickina
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2018, 09:51 AM   #2051
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
A Deus Ex Rickina
Made even better by your avatar!

Old 05-31-2018, 10:21 AM   #2052
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

The problem is they seem stuck on the show being a comic book. Comic books go on for decades. TV shows don't. You need a plan with a show. A beginning, a middle and a conclusion. They don't have one, they just keep plucking comic story lines. This will not work, and the cracks have been showing for a good 4 seasons.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2018, 03:56 PM   #2053
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

I never read the comic books, and I don't really want to invite any spoilers, but are the comic books still "fresh" after all this time? Just because a comic book is still around doesn't mean it hasn't gone stale either. Maybe the comic book fans are in the same boat, thinking maybe its time to wrap things up.
Old 05-31-2018, 03:57 PM   #2054
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Made even better by your avatar!

After I wrote that, I started wondering if I subconsciously lifted that from an episode of R&M. I feel like I did, but I am too lazy to check.
Old 05-31-2018, 05:30 PM   #2055
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I never read the comic books, and I don't really want to invite any spoilers, but are the comic books still "fresh" after all this time? Just because a comic book is still around doesn't mean it hasn't gone stale either. Maybe the comic book fans are in the same boat, thinking maybe its time to wrap things up.
Honestly, the storyline they're doing now is the first time I've been truly skeptical. Though the Negan story that just ended in the AMC version is clearly the highlight of the comics series.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 08:58 AM   #2056
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I finally caught up on the show. I decided to wait and binge watch the 2nd half of season 8 after it was done airing. Then it took a while to get it started. Glad I watched it that way though, as I find it really helps keep me from getting bored or impatient.

Last edited by Roof-Daddy; 06-04-2018 at 09:48 AM.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 01:57 PM   #2057
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Season 9 trailer was just released.

direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 01:58 PM   #2058
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post
Season 9 trailer was just released.

When does the season start?

Old 07-20-2018, 02:04 PM   #2059
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oct. 7th! Just watch the trailer before asking questions!

The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2018, 02:06 PM   #2060
Iggy_12
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Looks like a ton going on, none of it that interesting..
Iggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote