Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2018, 12:14 PM   #741
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

And, for those interested, here is a link to the season ticket info booklet.
Jimmy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 12:34 PM   #742
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

They just called me too. I told them I didn't like their pricing versus other teams, and that I'm not a fan of paying for parking at a venue that's usually free for that, but I'll still be buying two season tickets in January (just deciding which tier to purchase).

Past that, I asked if they would consider building a Domino's Pizza next to the pitch, and they said no. I also asked if there would also be Delissio pizza available for purchase at the concession, and they were not sure. Finally, I asked if I could ride one of Spruce Meadow's horses around the pitch during half whilst wearing aviator goggles, and they said it's possible if I contact the right people. I left the call satisfied with the information.
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2018, 12:43 PM   #743
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

So it looks like the long term plan for Spruce Meadows is to build a new 12000 seat stadium for Cavalry FC at the All Canada Ring, and a new field house. Detailed information is here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qsirhztla0...EB%29.pdf?dl=0

shermanator is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2018, 01:02 PM   #744
Thunderball
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermanator View Post
So it looks like the long term plan for Spruce Meadows is to build a new 12000 seat stadium for Cavalry FC at the All Canada Ring, and a new field house. Detailed information is here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qsirhztla0...EB%29.pdf?dl=0
This is welcomed news, and connects closely to what Ian Allison said at the launch about having plans to get up to as much as 16000 or 18000 (I can't remember which) long term if the demand is there. I suspect this 12000 seat stadium would be designed to have an ultimate phase as well.

To me, what has changed my mind the most with all the nitpicking is that I'm starting to believe they are truly serious about making this work. Showing realistic medium and long term building plans really help this.
Thunderball is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Thunderball For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2018, 01:38 PM   #745
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

The plan might also explain the ticket pricing scheme they chose a little better too...

Old 12-06-2018, 01:39 PM   #746
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Very happy to see long-term plans for a more permanent football venue with more seating. That shows commitment and not some fleeting attempt at pro sports. However I do like the derby-style venue the current bleachers provide, that's unique in CPL.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 02:06 PM   #747
lazypucker
First Line Centre

Exp:

I missed the call to me today. I am wondering what's the "special gift" that you will get when purchasing season tickets. With every other team giving away free jerseys, I would suppose Cavalry will do the same. Now I think of it, the jerseys probably come to the clubs at no cost, more like a promotional item for the manufacturer...

If every other team is giving away free jerseys and Cavalry only gives away some crappy car flags then the organization will look really bad...
lazypucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 02:22 PM   #748
Thunderball
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazypucker View Post
I missed the call to me today. I am wondering what's the "special gift" that you will get when purchasing season tickets. With every other team giving away free jerseys, I would suppose Cavalry will do the same. Now I think of it, the jerseys probably come to the clubs at no cost, more like a promotional item for the manufacturer...

If every other team is giving away free jerseys and Cavalry only gives away some crappy car flags then the organization will look really bad...
I suspect it is a different level gift for Troops, Corps and Battalion. My feeling is if there's a jersey, it'll be Battalion only, maybe Corps... but I'd bet there's jerseys included with some season tickets regardless.

Last edited by Thunderball; 12-06-2018 at 02:33 PM.
Old 12-06-2018, 02:26 PM   #749
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazypucker View Post
Why would the manufacturer do that? They'll give away small amounts at times, but on a small contract (relative to most pro sports leagues) with a start up soccer league I can't see them giving away tens of thousands of dollars worth of inventory to the bulk of the potential customers.

That'd be the teams giving that money away or more likely building it into the cost of tickets and then calling it free.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 02:33 PM   #750
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

This isn't like the NHL/MLB/NBA etc where there's a huge demand for jerseys by people all over. In this league the hardcore fans who buy season tickets/ticket packs are probably 70-85% of the people who will buy jerseys.

So if the manufacturer gives enough jerseys to teams for free to give away as season ticket/ticket pack gifts they may as well have not taken the contract.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 03:55 PM   #751
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

nvm
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 08:14 PM   #752
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Video from Monday night's event.

Old 12-06-2018, 10:45 PM   #753
gb450
Draft Pick

Does anyone know any more information about credits towards unused games? According to the FAQ section on the deposits page it says "Credits for any unused matches will be applied automatically to the renewal of tickets for the following season."

Has anyone confirmed how this will work, and if it will be a reality? Seems too good to be true....
gb450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 07:35 AM   #754
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Honestly, a perk like that would go a long way toward mitigating those ticket prices.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 09:48 AM   #755
RM14
First Line Centre

Exp:

As a comparison. The stamps will provide you replacement tickets for unused barcodes but only in the end zone. Ie. If you have unused platinum seats they will provide you endzone seats for another game.

The other scenario is, if you know ahead of time that you are going to miss a game, you can notify them and trade for the same level seats to a future game. Ie. You can trade a platinum pair for a future platinum pair.

You could essentially use all your season ticket seats for one game as long you plan ahead. So they're more like credits.

However, this only works for a stadium that isn't sold out, so if the small scale Meadows on the Green is full, then the exchange program would be difficult.
RM14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 10:55 AM   #756
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Cavalry have signed 4 more players. GK Marco Carducci, MF Elijah Adekugbe, DF Dominick Zator and DF Chris Serban. 4 fairly obvious signings for anyone who followed Calgary Foothills last year.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/cpls...eper-carducci/

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2018, 11:29 AM   #757
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Team is coming together - loving the MLS connections from some of these guys, helps define how this league is starting to shape up talent-wise in relation to other North American clubs.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 11:32 AM   #758
Thunderball
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Cavalry have signed 4 more players. GK Marco Carducci, MF Elijah Adekugbe, DF Dominick Zator and DF Chris Serban. 4 fairly obvious signings for anyone who followed Calgary Foothills last year.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/cpls...eper-carducci/
No surprises, and no disappointments either. They were pretty strong players for Foothills and Tommy was pretty clear that he going to take a chance on a lot of his guys.

I'm hoping for one or two more relatively known commodities (whether current NT, former NT, or someone who used to play in the top leagues), but I think all of the players signed so far are starters.
Old 12-12-2018, 11:40 AM   #759
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yup, I'm hoping for a few bigger name players as well, but I like these signings. Tommy has always said he's signing local players first, then looking nationally, then internationally.

The only reason these guys signed for Calgary Foothills is because of the impending CPL team - otherwise they would have been playing pro elsewhere.

Old 12-12-2018, 11:41 AM   #760
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
If I had to guess, I'd say Ledgerwood, Carducci, Adekugbe, Pasquotti, Zator and Serban play with Cavalry next year.
Also, I'm 5/6 in my predictions so far...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post: