Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2018, 06:22 PM   #81
locsofblu
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanCharles View Post
All this singling Bennett out crap is getting old.

I agree he needs to do more but name one forward not named Gaudreau, Monahan, Lindholm, Tkachuk or Backlund that is piling up points at a 2nd liner rate.

There isn't one.

All the praise for adding depth to the roster Treliving gets is mostly because Lindholm is proving to be a first liner and has masked the troubles of our depth players ability to score.

The reality of the matter is we only have 5 forwards contributing points regularly so singling Bennett out is uncalled for.

We do have more forward depth but I'm still not sold on it being vastly improved over last season, at least not until Neal proves his worth which may not happen..
By all means Bennett isn't the problem and I clearly stated that. I think he is more useful as a physical energy guy who can put in a few here and there. I really like Bennett's game this year as he is one of the most improved players from last year in my opinion. The good thing with Peters is that he makes alot of in game changes so if he feels like Bennett's due for second line minutes I have have a lot of faith he will do so.

Last edited by locsofblu; 12-11-2018 at 07:22 PM.
locsofblu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to locsofblu For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2018, 06:25 PM   #82
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Maybe I am a Donny Daydreamer but I wonder if a Bennett for Kapenen deal would work. Im sure the Leafs would want more but I think I could live with giving Benny a change of scenery while getting back a player I really like.
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 06:25 PM   #83
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

The problem is that to anyone that watched the last game, Bennett was the only player to throw caution to the wind and rush the net with the puck. He did it twice, and once took the goalie out to create some chaos and potentially break the shutout. He raced back with a few strong defensive plays as well during the game. He was more effective than Monahan or Ryan, and slightly better than Jankowski and Quine.

Of all of the games to suddenly get on Bennett's case, why pick that one? The only thing that I can think of is that the boxscore supports that he didn't play a good game.
Old 12-11-2018, 06:45 PM   #84
bigrangy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah if you showed a highlight reel of Bennett and Monahan to 100 random hockey fans and didn't include any play where the Flames scored you'd probably find 80 of those 100 would rather have Bennett.

It's so incredible how he can flash and dash but nothing ever happens. He is still the 2nd youngest forward on the roster but scoring just doesn't seem to come naturally to him. I'm still holding out hope that he can grow into it.

Monahan on the other just sneaks around which is insane for a big guy. He's 6'3" and he can find every hole in the offensive zone and he's got a nasty release that always finds a corner. He's so much more effective than he should be considering how limited the rest of his skills seem to be. He's much more than the sum of his parts, while Bennett is the complete opposite.
Old 12-11-2018, 09:34 PM   #85
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bennett just needs to ask Lindholm who his shooting coach was. Carolina fans were adamant that Lindholm had a muffin shot (which I am not buying), but Lindholm did admit that his shot is something he worked hard on this past off-season.

Even if Bennett doesn't ever become a scorer, he does a lot of things right on the ice anyway. I look forward to playoff Bennett again.
Calgary4LIfe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Calgary4LIfe For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2018, 01:16 PM   #86
jlh2640
First Line Centre

Exp:

Very concerning, what is Frolik deal
jlh2640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 01:18 PM   #87
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlh2640 View Post
Very concerning, what is Frolik deal
I read somewhere that he had a set back in his rehab. Really sucks because he was playing awesome.
Beninho is offline   Reply With Quote