Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2016, 11:34 AM   #61
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Hrmm interesting.. if you think about it Luthor had time to learn as much as he could about the universe so it is realistic that the ship taught him how to send out signals or messages, and obviously he talked with someone. It looks like he is being taught about Motherboxes and how they work, maybe Darkseids goon here was trying to teach Lex how to open up a boom tube so they could all come over immediately, but got interrupted.

But what I want to know is how did Cyborg already have a motherbox, they just referred to it as government item # something. I guess they could have been sent out like probes.
Old 03-28-2016, 11:57 AM   #62
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Oh and one thing I really didn't like.. how Batman was the one to be all 'we've all got to work together, we'll need SUPER FRIENDS'.
Did he really say that? I must not have caught it!

Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 01:33 PM   #63
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Some clarity as to why they included so many cameos and crap in the movie:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...man-connection

They added the Flash scene mid way through shooting which is most likely why it seems to be so random and makes zero sense with the rest of the movie.

"It will pay off later" by causing you severe criticism now? Nobody cares about later Zach.
Old 03-28-2016, 01:39 PM   #64
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nm
Old 03-28-2016, 01:48 PM   #65
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
Did he really say that? I must not have caught it!
Hah no, that was my paraphrasing.
Old 03-28-2016, 01:53 PM   #66
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Hah no, that was my paraphrasing.
Maybe he should have...it would have added some humor to an otherwise humorless film. It would be been great. Or maybe the dialogue should have gone:

Bruce Wayne: "we'll need to work together..."
Diana Prince: "what? and be 'Superfriends' with you? Sorry I left my invisible jet running, gotta go!"
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 02:31 PM   #67
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just finished watching it. It was mostly negative for me, though I don't feel it was a waste of money.

Apparently the only weather Gotham ever gets is rain. Pouring buckets style rain.

I don't tend to like "dark and gritty and realistic" for my superheros, apparently. Also, would it have killed them to turn on a few lights? "Dark" indeed.

It was easily an hour too long.

The Joker (I mean, Lex Luthor) wasn't very plausible for anything.

I liked Wonder Woman quite a bit, though it was disappointed that she didn't feel needed in the film at all, just pasted in.

Last edited by WhiteTiger; 03-28-2016 at 02:33 PM.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 02:54 PM   #68
Bonded
Franchise Player

Exp:

I still feel like they are going to go, surprise, Lex is the Riddler!

Was an entertaining movie, bit sloppy, and a bit too long. Didn't like how they handled Lex at all.

I am hoping for Martian Manhunter and Green Lantern.
Bonded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 03:43 PM   #69
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGilbert View Post
The major problem with the movie though was trying to do too much. If it was just a Batman v Superman movie with Lex Luther as the villain it may have been excellent but at times it felt like three different movies: MoS 2, BvS, and a Justice League intro. In hindsight WB/DC should have gone the Marvel route by setting up the characters in their own movies.
This. As good as Wonder Woman was, she wasn't needed story-wise. And damnit the Doomsday stuff was baaddd. Just a pointless bad CGI-fest. Not every super hero needs a CGI uber battle at the end!

Gives me even higher hopes that Civil War is done right. It looks like there will be no super bad to fight. Just two conflicting ideologies coming to a boil. BvS didn't explore that nearly enough, when really it should have been the main focus of the film.
Old 03-28-2016, 04:40 PM   #70
TheyCallMeBruce
Likes Cartoons

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post

I liked Wonder Woman quite a bit, though it was disappointed that she didn't feel needed in the film at all, just pasted in.
And that is the biggest problem with this movie. Wonder woman is essential to the DC universe, and yet she was sort of like an after thought in this movie. I think instead of trying to work her into the storyline, she should have either been part of the main story or not at all. The scenes she did show up were pretty awesome though. In the end, I can forgive the disjointed part of it.

What I can't forgive is the horrible casting of lex luthor. What a miss that was.
TheyCallMeBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 05:09 PM   #71
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Bandwagoner View Post
This. As good as Wonder Woman was, she wasn't needed story-wise. And damnit the Doomsday stuff was baaddd. Just a pointless bad CGI-fest. Not every super hero needs a CGI uber battle at the end!

Gives me even higher hopes that Civil War is done right. It looks like there will be no super bad to fight. Just two conflicting ideologies coming to a boil. BvS didn't explore that nearly enough, when really it should have been the main focus of the film.
Agreed, there was no need to include WW in a Batman v Supeman movie. She should have been given her own film and then met up with Batman and Superman in JL part 1.

Interesting you mention Civil War as one of the best parts of BvS was watching the Civil War trailer on the big screen haha. To be fair though, the character of Baron Zemo is appearing in the film so there is a chance Cap and IM make up and team up to fight him at the end. Hopefully Marvel doesn't go this obvious route.
FireGilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 05:52 PM   #72
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

Also, I didn't have a problem with the casting of Luthor, just the character itself. There were so many plot holes and odd decisions:

-How does he know Wayne is Batman?
-What was his actual plan? To kill Superman because he doesn't like god? I don't get it.
-What was the point in blowing up the Senate? I guess he wanted the Senator dead and to have it blamed on Superman, but in the end everyone knew the wheelchair guy did it and no one blamed Superman.
-Why did he need to cut off Zod's fingerprints when he had Zod's body and could have just used his hand?
-How did he time the kidnapping on the same day as Batman was ready to fight? Yes, he manipulated Batman, but they were not actually working together.

Also, I was confused that he is not "Lex Luthor" but his son "Alexander Luthor". What was the point in all this? It's not like this was a sequel taking place 30 years in the future where Superman has returned to find Alexander has taken over his father's empire.

The character of Luthor would have been much better if he had the motivation to take over the world with Krypton technology but needed to get Superman out of the way. He then manipulates Batman to fight Superman but when that plan fails he builds a Kryptonite mec suit and Batman and Superman team up to take him down.

Last edited by FireGilbert; 03-28-2016 at 06:08 PM.
Old 03-28-2016, 06:28 PM   #73
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

I also learned smashing a tire with a sledgehammer was a thing.
The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2016, 08:29 PM   #74
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Why did the Kryptonian ship just hand control over to the first being that opened the door? In MoS, the ship decided immediately to go ahead and kill any human intruders, but here it was, "Greetings, Lower Life Form. We have scanned you and found that you have quite the unbalanced brain chemistry going. You may have been an impressive, charming and ruthless demonstration of your species, but there seems to be a small bug eating your temporal lobe. Would you like complete control of this ship and all of it's power and knowledge?"
Old 03-28-2016, 08:56 PM   #75
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Watched it a 2nd time, loved it more. Eisenberg as Luthor was better for me the 2nd time around with the only real negative being the ding ding/ding ding/ding ding stuff in that final scene. It's exciting that he now has knowledge that Darkseid is on his way, interested in seeing what role Luthor has in this DC universe going forward.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 09:23 PM   #76
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Some clarity as to why they included so many cameos and crap in the movie:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...man-connection

They added the Flash scene mid way through shooting which is most likely why it seems to be so random and makes zero sense with the rest of the movie.

"It will pay off later" by causing you severe criticism now? Nobody cares about later Zach.
Was the dream sequence added too. Without the flash scene immediately after, that makes even less sense.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 09:28 PM   #77
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
Why did the Kryptonian ship just hand control over to the first being that opened the door? In MoS, the ship decided immediately to go ahead and kill any human intruders, but here it was, "Greetings, Lower Life Form. We have scanned you and found that you have quite the unbalanced brain chemistry going. You may have been an impressive, charming and ruthless demonstration of your species, but there seems to be a small bug eating your temporal lobe. Would you like complete control of this ship and all of it's power and knowledge?"
He used the kryptonite to peel off Zods finger prints and used it to open the ships door, so it thought he was Zod.

Luthgyver.
Old 03-28-2016, 09:56 PM   #78
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
He used the kryptonite to peel off Zods finger prints and used it to open the ships door, so it thought he was Zod.

Luthgyver.
Lex getting access to the ship made sense to me, however I don't get why he had to cut off the finger prints. Why go through all the effort of delicately removing finger prints when you have Zod's dead body with you and can just stick his hand in the sensor.

Also, you'd think the Kryptonians would have better security technology than a fingerprint scanner.
Old 03-29-2016, 12:15 AM   #79
kirant
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGilbert View Post
Lex getting access to the ship made sense to me, however I don't get why he had to cut off the finger prints. Why go through all the effort of delicately removing finger prints when you have Zod's dead body with you and can just stick his hand in the sensor.

Also, you'd think the Kryptonians would have better security technology than a fingerprint scanner.
1) I would assume they weren't letting him carry Zod's dead body around. Granted, that raises questions about he got Zod there to create Doomsday after that, but let's not think about it too hard. It looked cool. Or something. Maybe they needed heat as well?

2) You'd think Kryptonian technology would include voice recognition. A spoken password and Lex was screwed.
Old 03-29-2016, 12:34 AM   #80
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirant View Post
1) I would assume they weren't letting him carry Zod's dead body around. Granted, that raises questions about he got Zod there to create Doomsday after that, but let's not think about it too hard. It looked cool. Or something. Maybe they needed heat as well?

2) You'd think Kryptonian technology would include voice recognition. A spoken password and Lex was screwed.
Haha, good responses.

Yes, they were letting him carry Zod's dead body around and he did bring it into the ship. Maybe there was some kind of heat or life sensor though.

It is just funny that Krypton had the same security technology as an iPhone 5.