Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2017, 08:07 PM   #1001
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

It’s time to enter the Brocktagon. Brocktober is here. *Dee Snider voice* I WANNA BROCK!

Denver is so screwed.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 08:50 PM   #1002
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
It’s time to enter the Brocktagon. Brocktober is here. *Dee Snider voice* I WANNA BROCK!

Denver is so screwed.

Doesnt appear to make much difference who is under center.
Old 10-15-2017, 08:56 PM   #1003
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Naturally, playing the Giants, Broncos are gonna lose all their receivers.

This game has gone as bad as it could've.
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Joborule For This Useful Post:
Jbo
Old 10-15-2017, 10:12 PM   #1004
dirk diggler
First Line Centre

Exp:

i really hope we can get to a point soon where we dont have to hear about Kaepernick... so tired of this guy, nobody wants him and he needs to get over it.... he isnt good.
dirk diggler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dirk diggler For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2017, 10:33 PM   #1005
Skaloper
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk diggler View Post
i really hope we can get to a point soon where we dont have to hear about Kaepernick... so tired of this guy, nobody wants him and he needs to get over it.... he isnt good.
Do I hear Tebow? I think he is around somewhere.
Skaloper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 07:15 AM   #1006
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk diggler View Post
I don't think he's going away any time soon;

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...ners-collusion

Personally I feel this is bad timing for him. It's obvious he isn't going to work this season but if he kept a low profile into the offseason he may have got an opportunity next season. Now he's made himself a hot potato again. Really bad advice from his inner circle IMO as I don't see what he has to gain seeing he wasn't going to work this season anyway. If next season he's still unemployed then that would have been the time to do this. Now he's almost certainly guaranteed he won't be working next season.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 08:30 AM   #1007
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I don't think he's going away any time soon;

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...ners-collusion

Personally I feel this is bad timing for him. It's obvious he isn't going to work this season but if he kept a low profile into the offseason he may have got an opportunity next season. Now he's made himself a hot potato again. Really bad advice from his inner circle IMO as I don't see what he has to gain seeing he wasn't going to work this season anyway. If next season he's still unemployed then that would have been the time to do this. Now he's almost certainly guaranteed he won't be working next season.
This isn't about him getting work. It's about him exposing the disgusting racism perpetrated by a league of old white men who treat their players like cattle.
Old 10-16-2017, 08:46 AM   #1008
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by corporatejay View Post
This isn't about him getting work. It's about him exposing the disgusting racism perpetrated by a league of old white men who treat their players like cattle.
I really don't think it's racism is at the root of this at all. A lot of teams that considered looking at him were bombarded with season ticket holders promising to cancel their season tickets if he was signed. At the end of the day it's a business and it's no different than any other business shying away from hiring a controversial person. Happens all the time which is why he probably has little chance of winning this. Should Shia LaBeouf be suing Hollywood for collusion? He's been blackballed as well.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 10-16-2017 at 08:48 AM.
Old 10-16-2017, 08:54 AM   #1009
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by corporatejay View Post
Or they just don't want a back up quarterback creating a media circus.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 09:09 AM   #1010
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Kaepernik isn't a good enough QB to overcome the negative backlash of signing him. I;m not too worried about him those horrible racists white guys paid him $43 million dollars. But once teams figured him out the end of his career was just a matter of time.

Other thoughts.

I still don't see what Roger's was angry about on the hit that ended his season. that was a pretty clean hit, there was no flaggable offense there.

Brett Jones (Former Stampeder) looked amazingly good last night playing center for the Giants. At some point I was hoping to see him back in Calgary, but he's way to smart not to stick down there.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2017, 09:13 AM   #1011
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

The idea that Kaepernick isn't roster-worthy has been refuted time and time again by putting his stats up against other QBs on the league. Last year, on a garbage team, with a garbage coach, he was still a top-20 stats. No one is expecting him to supplant Tom Brady or anything, but he's miles ahead of guys like Glennon, McCown, whichever QB Denver decides to throw out there, etc.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 09:53 AM   #1012
Corral
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
I really don't think it's racism is at the root of this at all. A lot of teams that considered looking at him were bombarded with season ticket holders promising to cancel their season tickets if he was signed. At the end of the day it's a business and it's no different than any other business shying away from hiring a controversial person. Happens all the time which is why he probably has little chance of winning this. Should Shia LaBeouf be suing Hollywood for collusion? He's been blackballed as well.
The collusion claim is a lot more complicated than this. The NFL and other leagues effectively run a monopoly that is offside competition laws. So when owners get together with each other and decide not to offer Kaepernick a contract because he is black and speaks out against racism in America ... they are abusing their monopolistic power.

You can't compare this situation to other employment relationships.

And you really think owners respond to fans who threaten to cancel their season tickets? A hollow threat for sure - and everyone knows it.
Corral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 10:08 AM   #1013
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Either way, with the filing of the grievance I imagine he has 0 chance to ever play again.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 10:19 AM   #1014
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corral View Post
The collusion claim is a lot more complicated than this. The NFL and other leagues effectively run a monopoly that is offside competition laws. So when owners get together with each other and decide not to offer Kaepernick a contract because he is black and speaks out against racism in America ... they are abusing their monopolistic power.

You can't compare this situation to other employment relationships.

And you really think owners respond to fans who threaten to cancel their season tickets? A hollow threat for sure - and everyone knows it.
Do you have proof this took place? This kind of speculation drives me nuts.
Old 10-16-2017, 10:23 AM   #1015
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
The idea that Kaepernick isn't roster-worthy has been refuted time and time again by putting his stats up against other QBs on the league. Last year, on a garbage team, with a garbage coach, he was still a top-20 stats. No one is expecting him to supplant Tom Brady or anything, but he's miles ahead of guys like Glennon, McCown, whichever QB Denver decides to throw out there, etc.
You need to re-read his post. Nobody is saying he's not better than some of the backups in the league. He isn't good enough to overcome the media circus and backlash that comes with him. Saying he's better than Brock Osweiller isn't good enough when the baggage is part of adding him to the team. He's getting the same treatment as Tim Tebow and RG3. Guys that were good enough to be on a roster but not as a starter therefore not worth the extra attention that comes with adding him to the roster.

Ask Michael Crabtree about Kaepernick. Crabtree couldn't find work after playing with Kaepernick (had to accept a one year show me deal with the Raiders) and most receivers that play with him end up out of work. He really isn't that good of an NFL QB.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 10-16-2017 at 10:28 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2017, 10:26 AM   #1016
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You need to re-read his post. He isn't good enough to overcome the media circus and backlash that comes with him. Saying he's better than Brock Osweiller isn't good enough when the other baggage is part of adding him to the team. He's getting the same treatment as Tim Tebow and RG3. Guys that were good enough to be on a roster but not as a starter therefore not worth the extra attention that comes with adding him to the roster.
Tebow and RG3 aren't comparable because Tebow can't throw a football and RG3 is made of glass. They legitimately washed out of the league.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 10:31 AM   #1017
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

How do you even prove Collusion? He can say that the league blackballed him, but in any case the NFL could have every player personal guy come forward and say they didn't want him because they didn't think he could execute their offense, and the person judging it is going to pretty much have to accept it.

They can also say that he opted out for free agency and this was the negatives of that risk.

There are only what about 90 QB jobs in the NFL?

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 10:37 AM   #1018
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Tebow and RG3 aren't comparable because Tebow can't throw a football and RG3 is made of glass. They legitimately washed out of the league.
Tebow was 9-7 as a starter. He's not a great thrower of the ball but he could go in and move the chains. He would have stuck around longer as a backup if he didn't carry around the media circus. You are telling me that RG3 isn't as good or better than a lot of backups? He doesn't have to be durable to back up a starter. He never got a sniff this offseason like Kaepernik. I think you are kind of in denial here about the abilities of Kaepernik. He's really not that good.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 10-16-2017 at 10:40 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2017, 10:42 AM   #1019
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Someone is in denial, yes.

Anyway in great news the immortal Teddy B has been cleared to practice and will return to lead the Vikings to the division title.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 10:50 AM   #1020
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

He should come to the CFL. Inclusive black QBs part 2!

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote