Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2015, 11:49 PM   #21
Flames0910
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Hahaha I know, I've been doing that for a while (not alone) and they weren't happy about it but couldn't really do anything. So I guess they eventually gave up and are now just trying to keep it to a couple days per week once it's already tracked. It's great, you get lift access 80% of the way in and if you feel like switching it up just go back to doing resort skiing. The hill is basically made for frame bindings.
Would love to know what day that is if anyone remembers...
Flames0910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 08:51 AM   #22
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

after a few near misses, i beleive we have a line on a place in invermere for a post christmas ski vacay to Panorama (last year we stayed in radium and the drive each day was tedious)......really looking forward to my 13 yr son once again kicking my butt!!!!

will likely need to trade in the kids boots at ski cellar for new boots - hopefully they have not out grown their skiis and poles as well.......
Old 10-08-2015, 09:05 AM   #23
mac_82
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbanffgirl View Post
If you are looking for good used (and some new) at great prices, come up for this swap. loads of gear, clothing - boots skis and boards.
How does this work if I have some gear I'm looking to unload?
mac_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 10:00 AM   #24
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

I'd love to do a CP tour day. I've been sled boarding the last 10 years or so, and last year switched back to skiing. I have all my touring gear and have been itching to get back into it.

Black Prince would be a good place to start. I know plenty of pretty experienced guys that would come out as well.
Tron_fdc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tron_fdc For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2015, 03:09 PM   #25
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

On a related note, if anyone is putting together a touring setup (or just needs new bindings), I have an extra pair of Marker Tour F12 EPFs, brand new in box that I do not need - I unfortunately had a tech accidentally drill for the non-EPF version so I had a set of those mounted instead.

For those who aren't gear hounds, these probably the best frame style option for the vast majority of people (because even if you think you're the gnarliest dude alive and weight 220 lbs you almost certainly don't need a DIN above 11), as they're one of the lightest frame bindings out there at 1107g per binding - compared to the Duke's 1432g and Guardian 13's 1470g.

They're size Large, so would fit a boot sole length between 305mm-365mm and have wide brakes. I'd be firm at $300 (otherwise I'll probably find a use for them down the road).

"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 03:12 PM   #26
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron_fdc View Post
I'd love to do a CP tour day.
Yeah this needs to happen.

Later this month I'll drop some PMs to anyone interested and maybe we can all grab a pre-season beer to meet prior.
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 10:38 AM   #27
mrbanffgirl
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Consignment for Canmore is on Friday night from 5-8 and again Saturday morning 9-12, , Banff is the same.
There is a $3 per item fee, and as it is a fundraiser, you receive 80% of what your items are marked for price.
There is usually A LOT of interest at these swaps, and the early bird tickets for the sale go quickly.
as long as you price your gear reasonably, and it is in good condition, it should sell.
Last year i sold a bunch of my daughter's gear (4 pairs of skis, boots, clothes, race gear) made about $450 bucks, and bought $425 worth of gear so came out ahead
Old 10-09-2015, 10:38 AM   #28
mrbanffgirl
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_82 View Post
How does this work if I have some gear I'm looking to unload?
Consignment for Canmore is on Friday night from 5-8 and again Saturday morning 9-12, , Banff is the same.
There is a $3 per item fee, and as it is a fundraiser, you receive 80% of what your items are marked for price.
There is usually A LOT of interest at these swaps, and the early bird tickets for the sale go quickly.
as long as you price your gear reasonably, and it is in good condition, it should sell.
Last year i sold a bunch of my daughter's gear (4 pairs of skis, boots, clothes, race gear) made about $450 bucks, and bought $425 worth of gear so came out ahead
Old 10-09-2015, 10:46 AM   #29
Torture
Loves Teh Chat!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleuryisgod View Post
As per usual my work (Sports Rent) is starting our October tune special doing complete ski tunes for $25 and boards at $30. Drop them off anytime in October and we'll have the ready for you before the hills open!
[/url]
Thanks for the reminder - have dropped my gear off with you guys the past few years! Great deal!
Torture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 10:26 AM   #30
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

New rock skis showed up today... can finally retire the old Seth Pistols with the dozen or so core shots.

"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
The Following User Says Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2015, 02:54 PM   #31
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Anyone know where one can find Womens Smith I/O goggles?
polak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 02:58 PM   #32
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

^They're called the I/OS and are found literally anywhere that sells Smith goggles. Or, here:

http://www.evo.com/goggles/smith-i/os.aspx

But if you must have the version that's actually branded "Women's", you can just buy 'em off the Smith website.

http://www.smithoptics.com/ca/Root/W...;s/p/IO7DXAS16
Old 10-13-2015, 03:17 PM   #33
TSXCman
First Line Centre

Exp:

I bought an expensive board (for me) a few years back that ended up being way to aggressive for my current skill level. Going to unload it on here or Kijiji and get something that I can control better for this season.

Looking forward to getting some exercise out in the mountains.
TSXCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 03:30 PM   #34
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
^They're called the I/OS and are found literally anywhere that sells Smith goggles. Or, here:

http://www.evo.com/goggles/smith-i/os.aspx

But if you must have the version that's actually branded "Women's", you can just buy 'em off the Smith website.

http://www.smithoptics.com/ca/Root/W...;s/p/IO7DXAS16
Oh I know, I have a pair I/OS's. I'm specifically looking for the I/O Womens series and online isn't really an option. I was hoping someone might have stumbled across them here.

Edit: Did they get rid of the extra lens that came with the I/OS's? Lame.
Old 10-13-2015, 03:53 PM   #35
millhouse11
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Was in Whitefish on the weekend. Sportsmans had racks of last years demo skis up to 70% off. I was looking at the line sick days with bindings for $350 for myself. Looked like new. They said the kit retailed for $1050. I don't know anything about skis though, but if you know what you are looking for, it may be worth giving them a call. Usually he said that the Canadians buy up the demos in the spring, but this year, barely anything sold because of our dollar.
millhouse11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 04:02 PM   #36
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by millhouse11 View Post
I was looking at the line sick days with bindings for $350 for myself.
Which Sick Days? Even with the dollar that's an insane deal. I've got one pair, buying another this season.
Old 10-13-2015, 04:03 PM   #37
dubc80
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSXCman View Post
I bought an expensive board (for me) a few years back that ended up being way to aggressive for my current skill level. Going to unload it on here or Kijiji and get something that I can control better for this season.

Looking forward to getting some exercise out in the mountains.
What did you buy if you don't mind me asking?
dubc80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 04:08 PM   #38
Looch City
Looooooooooooooch

Exp:

Where's a good place to buy ski bindings from? (preferably on sale)
Looch City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 04:13 PM   #39
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunkstyle View Post
Which Sick Days? Even with the dollar that's an insane deal. I've got one pair, buying another this season.
Yeah I found some for $600 last season and I thought that was a steal. Didn't get them and now it looks like I won't be able to buy new gear for a bit
Old 10-13-2015, 04:21 PM   #40
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy City View Post
Where's a good place to buy ski bindings from? (preferably on sale)
Big fan of the Axial series. No idea why these are so cheap right now. Usually around a $200 binding. Sign up for sportcheck's email and get 10% off your first purchase too. Brings them down to $125.

I'd be all over it if I needed new bindings.

Whoops. Forgot the link:
https://www.sportchek.ca/categories/...331615177.html
The Following User Says Thank You to DownhillGoat For This Useful Post: