Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2020, 12:43 PM   #621
JBR
Franchise Player

Exp:

So... Oiler fan wants people to buy tickets, then NOT go in to see the Oilers play a game?

Lucky them IMO.
JBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 12:49 PM   #622
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime GFG View Post
We could get an updated ATL as this hilarity is still going. From HFOil:

"Another one. This for the fans. Next time we play the Flames here converge in Ford Hall and area and REFUSE to go through ticket kiosks. Just wait there with placards saying fans will attend the game once its decided that actual calling of the rules on the ice is committed to by NHL officials. have full press in attendance and stage a fan lockout for 30mins or however long it takes. It really is going to take something extraordinarily novel, and blatant, for any attention to really get to this.

Going back over the summer its very apparent the Oilers really handled this all the wrong way. They minimized concern, maintained that McD is OK. The Oilers would have done better to make the NHL stew in juices all summer thinking that this WAS a career ending McDavid injury. Which the Oilers could easily have maintained. The last game of the season injury really was the perfect time to stage that this was far worse than it turned out to be. But the Oilers thought only of selling seats.. Here we are..

The org is handling this all wrong. The Oilers are far too polite and deferring in these matters. Its time to take off the gloves"

direwolf is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to direwolf For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2020, 12:55 PM   #623
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
This really annoyed me in Brian Burke's discussion Thursday afternoon on Tim & Sid's show.

When the topic turns to Giordano's clip on McHobo, Burke makes a point of valourising Mr. Wonderful starting @ 04:16:

What a lot of revisionist historical nonsense. I like Brian Burke, but I hate how willing he is to overlook obvious and repeated instances of McBaby's well worn pattern of whining that he gets away with because of his stature within the sport.

Everytime you look at Connor he's crying to the refs, he's the biggest suck out there.

Its pretty sad that the media is making a lot of mileage out of three clean hits and a interference penalty at worst to villanize the Flames.

You know who should be villianized. The freaking Oilers for destroying prospects and disgracing the NHL They should have been relegated to woman's roller derby years ago.

I'll be glad if the Flames get a regional contract so we don't have to listen to these morons again.

Tkachuk gets cross checked from behind into the boards, and nothing. I get it, Connors the golden boy, but to sit here and listen to Oiler fans bitching about the reffing and the media taking up the cause is beyond the pale ridiculous. that team it feels like gets more late game management powerplays then anyone else.

This was a media base and fanbase that was actively promoting that a player should be beat down and to some extent injured or the Oilers should be allowed to retaliate against other Flames players with a straight face.

Its actually unprofessional and disgusting. Treliving should call a press conference and say, after the media's and especially Sportsnets conduct. No more between period interviews, or access to the dressing rooms after the game. they can show up for questions at practice and we'll appoint a players spokes person for 5 minutes. Ward should come out and Torts the Sportsnet guys. "Sorry you ask stupid questions and you outright villified a player on our team so I'm not answering you're questions"

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2020, 12:58 PM   #624
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBR View Post
So... Oiler fan wants people to buy tickets, then NOT go in to see the Oilers play a game?

Lucky them IMO.

They don't want less fans showing up, they're already having a slightly patchy view of their attendance.

A new arena and Connor mcJerkface, and the Cowardly Leon, and they still have empty seats. What a disgrace of a city and a franchise.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 01:06 PM   #625
Puppet Guy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Everytime you look at Connor he's crying to the refs, he's the biggest suck out there.

McHobo cries more than Gretzky did in his prime. Think about that.

- Surferguy
Puppet Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 01:33 PM   #626
The Yen Man
Franchise Player

Exp:

Everytime I hear Burke talk about McWhiner never complaining, I throw up a little in my mouth. I mean, are you kidding me? McWhiner is one of the whiniest guys on there. He gets touched, and he's all over the refs for missing the call.
The Yen Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 01:33 PM   #627
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

I can't wait for these Oiler games to be done with. Considering how unbearable the the whole media and social media has been in these 3 games in the 20 days, I can't imagine how mind numbingly stupid a playoff series would be.
Robbob is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Robbob For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2020, 01:43 PM   #628
Looch City
Looooooooooooooch

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
I can't wait for these Oiler games to be done with. Considering how unbearable the the whole media and social media has been in these 3 games in the 20 days, I can't imagine how mind numbingly stupid a playoff series would be.
Yeah I agree, the last thing I want is a playoff series with these miserable, useless, no good ####s.

They can go get defeated by someone else (if they even make it). We're happy with our 6 (most likely 8) points.
Looch City is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Looch City For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2020, 01:53 PM   #629
Torture
Loves Teh Chat!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
Meh.
The media circus for these games is ridiculous, but I take solace in the fact that we're 3-0 against the Oilers this season.

Just think of how satisfying it would be to see sad/angry Kassian having to shake Tkachuk's hand.
Think of all the salt and the epic ATL posts we would get for it.

I can't think of an easier path to round 2, I think it would be the perfect matchup.

Last edited by Torture; 01-31-2020 at 01:55 PM.
Torture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 01:56 PM   #630
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hf oil is going to be deliciously panicked when they lose tonight.
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 02:05 PM   #631
sa226
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

What's the over/under on a very similar schedule next year?

This has been a boon for the league. It's all anybody is talking about. January, February is usually the doldrums of the season. I seem to remember the Flames are usually on some south east roadtrip in Florida where there's 72 people in the stands.

This feels like playoff hockey.

On the radio Francis(grain of salt)said he had heard other teams were catching parts of the game during their own intermissions.

Its awesome.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
sa226 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 02:06 PM   #632
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

I'm really not sure what Burke was going on about. Maybe he just doesn't watch many Oiler games? McDavid isn't the biggest whiner of all time or anything, but to say he never complains is just a downright silly and strange comment. No idea how he came up with that one.
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 02:07 PM   #633
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Did Burke stop to tell people what a great kid McDavid is too? Burkie is venturing into Lou territory when it comes to liking everyone.
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 02:10 PM   #634
Robo
Franchise Player

Exp:

The gio thing is stupid it wasn't a knee but what the f### do oilers fans think is going to happen now they just made a documentary and are shoving it down everyone's throat about how McDavids pcl is torn in half players are going to be targetting his legs now it doesnt even have to be dirty
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 02:22 PM   #635
MissTeeks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa226 View Post
What's the over/under on a very similar schedule next year?

This has been a boon for the league. It's all anybody is talking about. January, February is usually the doldrums of the season. I seem to remember the Flames are usually on some south east roadtrip in Florida where there's 72 people in the stands.

This feels like playoff hockey.

On the radio Francis(grain of salt)said he had heard other teams were catching parts of the game during their own intermissions.

Its awesome.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Yes, it was Nashville:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1222723092751048705

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.
MissTeeks is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MissTeeks For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2020, 02:25 PM   #636
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post
Hf oil is going to be deliciously panicked when they lose tonight.
The Blues have had a couple days rest, so I expect they'll be very tough to beat. Oilers are probably still obsessed with getting revenge on Gio, and are no doubt looking ahead to Saturday. I fully expect them to get destroyed tonight.
direwolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 03:15 PM   #637
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just can't get over how awesome it is that Monahan dropped the mitts. With the BOA being 'back', he took it upon himself to amp up the emotion and hatred. How can you not love this guy?
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CroFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2020, 03:16 PM   #638
Robo
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBR View Post

Lucky them IMO.
It's right up there wih trump supporters smashing their Keurig
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 03:16 PM   #639
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
I just can't get over how awesome it is that Monahan dropped the mitts. With the BOA being 'back', he took it upon himself to amp up the emotion and hatred. How can you not love this guy?
Not sure if this was intentional or not, but well played.
dash_pinched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 03:44 PM   #640
Doctorfever
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash_pinched View Post
Not sure if this was intentional or not, but well played.
I don’t get it... fill in the guy who is always last to laugh at the joke.
Doctorfever is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doctorfever For This Useful Post: