Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-31-2019, 07:00 PM   #721
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire View Post
Obviously not. I never said customers would be happy about, but in general consumers are entitled and only want the easiest possible solution. Waaah, I won't every TV show to be on Netflix. Waaah, I want every game to be available on Steam.

Your car analogy doesn't make sense, but ignoring everything wrong with that, you still have the option not to buy the car in the end. Just like you have the option not to buy games that only exist on Epic if you really hate their platform. Market forces will decide on whether Epic's or any other platform succeeds or not.
Like you said, if Epics platform is truly terrible, nobody will use it and it'll die, no harm done. Consumers demand ease of use and convenience. If I really wanted to play a game but it ran off some crappy platform, I'll just pirate it. The beauty of steam is how well it works, they made purchasing, playing, updating, modding everything about gaming easy as possible.
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 11:23 AM   #722
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalCarpenter View Post
I totally disagree - flight is fine when you realize that you need to do it like driving a car, you have to plan ahead and not try and turn on a dime. I love the combat and will be playing on general release day.
Well I'm glad Bioware realized there were huge issues with PC controls and made a very detailed post about the fixes they implemented

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa...ng_and_flight/

Too bad the fixes aren't available for the demo this weekend, though I'm back to cautious optimism for the full release. Still think I'll hold off until we know what the end game stuff looks like, that's where both Destiny's failed hard
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2019, 04:08 PM   #723
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

It was a bit of a slog, but I've caught up on everything Kingdom Hearts to be ready for 3. It's not quite as confusing when you play/watch it all in one big group, rather than years apart for each one.

Dream Drop Distance still is confusing as hell, though.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 04:51 PM   #724
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

$98.88 for Toe Jam and Earl!
Old 02-01-2019, 08:59 PM   #725
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

The PC version of Ace Combat 7 is such a lazy port of the console version that it only supports console HOTAS setups. What a disappointment, I was so happy the see the series return to its roots and now I'm too mad to even play it. Got a refund.
Old 02-01-2019, 09:17 PM   #726
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Super surprised this hasn't been already posted.

chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2019, 09:53 PM   #727
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
Super surprised this hasn't been already posted.

I'm loving it. It really scratches that Advance War itch.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 10:49 PM   #728
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
The PC version of Ace Combat 7 is such a lazy port of the console version that it only supports console HOTAS setups. What a disappointment, I was so happy the see the series return to its roots and now I'm too mad to even play it. Got a refund.
Why not just grab a PS4? At least you know exactly what you're getting in a game and gameplay.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 09:12 AM   #729
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Why not just grab a PS4? At least you know exactly what you're getting in a game and gameplay.
I have one, but games like that I only like playing with a throttle and stick nowadays and console ones feel gooofy.

It would be like releasing a driving game that didn't support wheels.

The bigger issue is that they intentionally programmed the game to only work with certain joysticks to create licensing money. but they never announced that until 24 hours AFTER the game came out, after advertising full HOTAS support for months.

Last edited by btimbit; 02-02-2019 at 06:47 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2019, 10:58 AM   #730
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

WarGroove is pretty neat, though I can't tell who's strong against who because I can't tell what's what in the icons when you right click on a unit and it lists the advantage and vulnerable.

Tool tips with words please.
Old 02-03-2019, 05:23 PM   #731
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
WarGroove is pretty neat, though I can't tell who's strong against who because I can't tell what's what in the icons when you right click on a unit and it lists the advantage and vulnerable.

Tool tips with words please.
Yeah they’re tough to suss out. This wiki helps. https://wargroovewiki.com/Unit_Types
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2019, 09:30 PM   #732
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Steam Lunar New Year sale is up, and they're giving an extra $6 off any purchase over $35. Picked up Far Cry 5 and AC: Origins for $40 total, which seemed like a no brainer
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 11:58 AM   #733
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Well I'm glad Bioware realized there were huge issues with PC controls and made a very detailed post about the fixes they implemented

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa...ng_and_flight/

Too bad the fixes aren't available for the demo this weekend, though I'm back to cautious optimism for the full release. Still think I'll hold off until we know what the end game stuff looks like, that's where both Destiny's failed hard
I was just telling someone at work how terrible flying was on M/KB I used my controller and it was awesome. Will be nice to be able to use the proper controls at launch.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 12:15 PM   #734
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone try out Apex Legends yet. I played a little last night, it was pretty fun and high quality for a F2P. Seems to me like a more high paced version of a battle royal.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 12:56 PM   #735
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
Anyone try out Apex Legends yet. I played a little last night, it was pretty fun and high quality for a F2P. Seems to me like a more high paced version of a battle royal.
For a BR its an awesome game, fast and fun gameplay. Huge launch with minimal hiccups this game has potential.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 01:45 PM   #736
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

It’s good but it has the same problem the rest of the genre has... in around 45 minutes of playing last night I’d say I spent probably less than a minute in active combat. And not for lack of trying, we were running all over the place. But I barely even figured out my guns and how they handle, let alone my special abilities.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 08:40 PM   #737
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
It’s good but it has the same problem the rest of the genre has... in around 45 minutes of playing last night I’d say I spent probably less than a minute in active combat. And not for lack of trying, we were running all over the place. But I barely even figured out my guns and how they handle, let alone my special abilities.
I played it once. Got down to three teams without me in combat the whole time. Finally ran into someone and got killed. Will not play again. Not sure how people enjoy these types of games.

Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 08:16 AM   #738
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Electronic Arts getting pummeled this morning after announcing Battlefield V sales were a million below expectations - and then basically blaming the consumer for it - and nobody wants to play their mobile games. Stock is down $13 per share this morning.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 08:27 AM   #739
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazrim View Post
It was a bit of a slog, but I've caught up on everything Kingdom Hearts to be ready for 3. It's not quite as confusing when you play/watch it all in one big group, rather than years apart for each one.

Dream Drop Distance still is confusing as hell, though.
I might have to try the series.

First KH game I tried was Dream Drop Distance on the 3DS and I was so confused by the game that I kind of gave up on the series.

If it's actually just that game then maybe I need to give the others a shot.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 08:29 AM   #740
Coys1882
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
Electronic Arts getting pummeled this morning after announcing Battlefield V sales were a million below expectations - and then basically blaming the consumer for it - and nobody wants to play their mobile games. Stock is down $13 per share this morning.
What the hell are they going to do if Anthem isn't a hit? From what I hear right now it's just Destiny 3.
Coys1882 is offline   Reply With Quote