Old 09-12-2016, 02:11 PM   #421
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Lol...

@arielle_zerr:
I watched Khalif Mitchell work with the conditioning coaches at practice. He was struggling through sprints... say 10 to 20 yards long.
I guess it's hard to run fast when you're carrying around that much hatred.
dash_pinched is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to dash_pinched For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2016, 02:37 PM   #422
GeoffSK
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchair Quarterback View Post
Looks bad on the province too. A lot of public money went into building that stadium.
Alot of public money goes into every stadium. And it was never planned to be open before 2017, so I'm not sure why it looks bad. Besides its not 100% complete yet. Still work to do in lounges, concourses, etc from what i heard.

Test event is scheduled for oct 1. Rams vs Huskies. 10K seats are sold i think.

I think they learned from Investers Group field and Tim Hortons field delays and didnt want to rush it in for 2016.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Last edited by GeoffSK; 09-12-2016 at 02:44 PM.
GeoffSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 02:55 PM   #423
JiriHrdina
I believe in the Pony Power

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash_pinched View Post
I guess it's hard to run fast when you're carrying around that much hatred.
You win the internet.
JiriHrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 01:59 PM   #424
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

This week's entry:

9. Saskatchewan Roughriders (Unchanged)

Overall record: 1-10
Streak: Lost 7
Next: Edmonton

Trailing 17-10 with 5:05 to go, the Riders pulled one of the worst fake field goals of recent memory on a third and two in Winnipeg territory. First, it took five seconds to run it from reset to ball snap, giving the defenders plenty of time. Second, backup QB Brandon Bridge presented three tight-ends right with an empty backfield, telegraphing the direction. Third, instead of running right off his blocker's butts (he would have made it), Bridge went for a promenade down the line until he was about four yards from first down. Tackled. Terrible. The defence played well in this one, holding Bombers to 17 points. Darian Durant (23-of-36, 283 yards) was strong, but too many penalties hurt. Naaman Roosevelt (six catches for 121 yards) is a weapon to build off for next year.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/cf...ings-1.3759796
Old 09-13-2016, 09:08 PM   #425
Da_Chief
Franchise Player

Exp:

^Who is this bafoon? He has no credibility. Re-match was at Commonwealth. I think last week he wrote the Stamps signed Messam when no one thought they would sign him?

Quote:
QB Bo Mitchell is happy because he led his team back from a small deficit, took it to overtime vs. Edmonton and then won with two fine TD drives. Ownership is happy because 35,278 fans piled into McMahon Stadium to watch a second-straight victory over their hated rivals. Coach Dave Dickenson is happy because he gets to grump at his team in video sessions this week. Bo went 25-38, 338 yards, three TDs (including OT) and one pick. However, what must be pointed out is that the offence couldn't break through Edmonton's defence until midway through the third quarter. Taking 16 penalties for 123 yards was damaging, And the secondary had some coverage problems here and there that need to be addressed. Unbeaten in 10 is nice… especially for a guy who picked the White Stallions to win it all.
Riders and this writer sucks.
Da_Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 12:53 AM   #426
Pizza
Poster

Exp:

Quote:
This week's entry:

9. Saskatchewan Roughriders (Unchanged)

Overall record: 1-10
Streak: Lost 7
Next: Edmonton

Trailing 17-10 with 5:05 to go, the Riders pulled one of the worst fake field goals of recent memory on a third and two in Winnipeg territory. First, it took five seconds to run it from reset to ball snap, giving the defenders plenty of time. Second, backup QB Brandon Bridge presented three tight-ends right with an empty backfield, telegraphing the direction. Third, instead of running right off his blocker's butts (he would have made it), Bridge went for a promenade down the line until he was about four yards from first down. Tackled. Terrible. The defence played well in this one, holding Bombers to 17 points. Darian Durant (23-of-36, 283 yards) was strong, but too many penalties hurt. Naaman Roosevelt (six catches for 121 yards) is a weapon to build off for next year.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/cf...ings-1.3759796
not to mention it was a FG attempt at 56 yards

I hope Jones stays with the Riders for the next 10 years
Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 03:29 PM   #427
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hahaha CFL office is a ####ing joke now days. The sooner these idiots are out of the office the league will be better. I I get Pederson being turfed, but Dunk that's ####ing laughable.

The CFL has parted ways with two prominent contributors to its website.

3DownNation deputy editor and Sportsnet contributor Justin Dunk as well as Riders play-by-play man Rod Pedersen have both been informed their content will no longer be posted on the league’s site. Dunk provided quarterback rankings, feature pieces and was the backbone of the site’s draft coverage while Pedersen wrote a weekly column on the Roughriders. Both were paid on a freelance basis and had verbal commitments that their work would be published for the duration of the season.

http://3downnation.com/2016/09/16/cf...medium=twitter

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 03:37 PM   #428
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Pedersen I get, he's an idiot. Dunk was actually very good

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2016, 04:37 PM   #429
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

My god. Rider fans are dense. That's all I can really say.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 11:05 PM   #430
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
I don't know if they are dense, but I think some of them have their priorities a little out of whack. It was obviously a tough day for the Stamps family with the senseless violence that ended the life of Mylan Hicks and you could tell how choked up Bo Levi Mitchell was about it during his time with the press earlier today. Yet I peruse RF.com and some of the fans are still ripping on Bo Levi for his comments regarding the Bombers team at half-time on Saturday.

Of course, they still blame him for tweeting out about the Riders circumventing the roster with their practice squad, conveniently forgetting that the league was already two weeks into their investigation. I guess what I'm trying to say is it's just a game, in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't even come close to the really important things in life, like family and loved ones.
Old 09-26-2016, 12:07 AM   #431
Pizza
Poster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
I'm guessing you're referring to this post?

Quote:
poor guy. 23 years old, grew up in Detroit, moves to Calgary and is shot outside a bar 5 months later!

Calgary continues to be the most American of Canadian cities.
Old 09-26-2016, 12:08 AM   #432
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I don't know if they are dense, but I think some of them have their priorities a little out of whack. It was obviously a tough day for the Stamps family with the senseless violence that ended the life of Mylan Hicks and you could tell how choked up Bo Levi Mitchell was about it during his time with the press earlier today. Yet I peruse RF.com and some of the fans are still ripping on Bo Levi for his comments regarding the Bombers team at half-time on Saturday.

Of course, they still blame him for tweeting out about the Riders circumventing the roster with their practice squad, conveniently forgetting that the league was already two weeks into their investigation. I guess what I'm trying to say is it's just a game, in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't even come close to the really important things in life, like family and loved ones.
Yeah, I was going to post about that, BLM's comments re: Bombers.. but after the news this morning didn't seem like a good time.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 10:34 PM   #433
Pizza
Poster

Exp:

To no one's surprise, with the Eskimo win earlier today, the Riders are now officially eliminated from playoff contention

lol Saskatchewan is no good
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pizza For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2016, 10:49 PM   #434
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiriHrdina View Post
I am waiting for someone to blast about telling people they shouldn't call Jays "sacks of sh**" but calling Jones a dink is OK.
So I'll proactively defend that. The difference is Jones is a dink. He really is.
So is Joey. Two of a kind.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 10:54 PM   #435
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
To no one's surprise, with the Eskimo win earlier today, the Riders are now officially eliminated from playoff contention

lol Saskatchewan is no good
The funny thing is they still have a chance to end up with a better record than the team that ends up winning the East Division. Put another way, the East Division is no good.
Old 10-10-2016, 11:19 PM   #436
Pizza
Poster

Exp:

Quote:
The funny thing is they still have a chance to end up with a better record than the team that ends up winning the East Division. Put another way, the East Division is no good.
I can't believe the East has been that bad this season.

It almost feels like whomever goes through the crossover in the East, would have a much easier time than going through the West. Being the top team, the Stamps should have the choice of going either division.

I'd rather go through two games of Hamilton, then Ottawa than one game of BC or Winnipeg
Old 10-18-2016, 02:56 PM   #437
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

The CFL should do away with divisions because divisions are racist against green people:

http://leaderpost.com/sports/footbal...with-divisions
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 03:02 PM   #438
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I actually agree, but not for the sad pathetic reason a Rider fan would think that now.

One division, top two teams get a bye, 3 plays 6, 4 plays 5 in the Semis.

The worst ranked winner of the semis goes to play in team 1's city, the next ranked winner of the semis gos to team 2's city.

Winner's play the Grey Cup.

There is no way Ottawa should get a bye in the first round of playoffs this year, and there is no way Hamilton should get to host a playoff game either.

Just ridiculous IMO.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2016, 03:22 PM   #439
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
I actually agree, but not for the sad pathetic reason a Rider fan would think that now.

One division, top two teams get a bye, 3 plays 6, 4 plays 5 in the Semis.

The worst ranked winner of the semis goes to play in team 1's city, the next ranked winner of the semis gos to team 2's city.

Winner's play the Grey Cup.

There is no way Ottawa should get a bye in the first round of playoffs this year, and there is no way Hamilton should get to host a playoff game either.

Just ridiculous IMO.
Yup, it's dumb. It's ridiculous that whomever finishes 4th in the Western Conference is going to get a cake walk to the Grey Cup. The Stamps are 14-1-1, and from a pure playoff perspective, they'd be better off with an 8-8 record.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheAlpineOracle For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2016, 03:43 PM   #440
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlpineOracle View Post
Yup, it's dumb. It's ridiculous that whomever finishes 4th in the Western Conference is going to get a cake walk to the Grey Cup. The Stamps are 14-1-1, and from a pure playoff perspective, they'd be better off with an 8-8 record.
I don't know, yeah you look at the teams in the East and they don't look all that impressive, but it's tough enough to win one playoff game on the road with significant travel, let alone two to get to the Grey Cup. Stamps are hopefully going to repeat what the Eskies did a year ago, a three week break prior to the West final, a win on home turf followed by a win in the big game a week later.

Tags
go stamps go , green goofs , pilsner , rider fans suck , riders suck