Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2018, 04:14 PM   #21
PostandIn
First Line Centre

Exp:

RIP. I liked Sharky's Machine. And City Heat with Clint Eastwood also had some pretty funny scenes.

Last edited by PostandIn; 09-06-2018 at 04:30 PM.
PostandIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 05:36 PM   #22
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Bandit: Sheriff, uh, Buford T. Justice, please.

Buford T. Justice: Who there?

Bandit: This is Bandit Darville talkin'.

Buford T. Justice: Where are you, you sombitch?

Bandit: Before I tell you where I am, Sheriff, there's just one thing I wanna say. You must be part coon dog, 'cause I've been chased by the best of them, and son, you make 'em look like they're all runnin' in slow motion. I just wanna say that.

Buford T. Justice: Well, thank you, Mr. Bandit. And as the pursuer, may I say you're the goddamnedest pursuee I've ever pursued. Now that the mutual bull#### is over, WHERE ARE YOU, YOU SOMBITCH?

Old 09-06-2018, 07:39 PM   #23
La Flames Fan
THE Chuck Storm

Exp:

RIP Old Bear. Oh man, so many great memories.

He was larger than life, but I remember meeting him the first day on set having no idea what to expect and he shook my hand, told me his name, and from then on always was a Burt fan.

I mentioned this somewhere else, but he was just a sweet man deep down. Yes he was a "playboy" and a "mega-star" but the role he had in Mystery, Alaska was the coming out party for his sweet old guy persona.

For some reason (and to this day I still don't understand why) but he was always giving gifts. I'd walk into my trailer and there would be something from Burt. It was the strangest thing, but I still have all of it and I'm so happy that I do. Of course the most bizarre of the gifts was this pair of shorts from International Male...(lolololol)

https://twitter.com/user/status/1037789007910920192

I'll never forget the day we were shooting, right before he was heading down for the Oscars for his role in Boogie Nights. You could feel the stress. There was a bit of an outburst and we all awkwardly had to stay in the locker room. When he came back, we were shooting a courtroom scene and it felt like it was going down that road again...but then this music started playing and he started singing in the courtroom. It was amazing.

I spent time with him in Los Angeles. Generous and stately. We'd obviously not spoken much lately, but I was prepping a documentary on him and was just about to pitch the idea to him and his representation, but not I think I'll just stick with the memories.
Old 09-06-2018, 08:10 PM   #24
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

^ Thats too bad that the documentary didn’t get done. I read his autobiography that came out a couple of years back. Pretty fascinating dude.
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 12:15 AM   #25
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

My favourite scene from the Cannon Ball Run movie

Old 09-07-2018, 12:53 PM   #26
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

So I looked yesterday and I only have three of his movies (Last Movie Star, Mystery Alaska and Smokey and The Bandit). It seems like a lot of people really like Cannonball Run & Deliverance so I will look to pick those up and watch them, however, are there any other films fans can suggest? I always feel bad when a legend passes away and I haven't appreciated their work while they were still here.
Nadal Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 01:06 PM   #27
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Old 09-07-2018, 01:09 PM   #28
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Boo....boo that man!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 01:10 PM   #29
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal Fan View Post
So I looked yesterday and I only have three of his movies (Last Movie Star, Mystery Alaska and Smokey and The Bandit). It seems like a lot of people really like Cannonball Run & Deliverance so I will look to pick those up and watch them, however, are there any other films fans can suggest?
You don't own Boogie Nights? Blasphemy!

Seriously though, I highly recommend picking it up on bluray if possible. Brilliant film.

direwolf is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to direwolf For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2018, 01:22 PM   #30
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I just think that Boogie nights was almost the perfect role for him as he got older. Like I said I loved Mystery Alaska and once in a while I pop that movie in to watch it and everytime I enjoy it.

Except I have one pet peeve in that movie. When they come out of that dressing room and skate down hill down that long ice path it looked amazing. However it must have been exhausting trying to skate up hill between periods.

Oh and just cause I can't resist

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2018, 01:30 PM   #31
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal Fan View Post
So I looked yesterday and I only have three of his movies (Last Movie Star, Mystery Alaska and Smokey and The Bandit). It seems like a lot of people really like Cannonball Run & Deliverance so I will look to pick those up and watch them, however, are there any other films fans can suggest? I always feel bad when a legend passes away and I haven't appreciated their work while they were still here.
The Longest Yard.

Old 09-07-2018, 01:35 PM   #32
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

He had a long way to go and a short time to get there but he did what they say cant be done.

Godspeed Burt....

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 07:21 PM   #33
Displaced Flames fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Alice in Chains paid tribute to Burt Reynolds at their show last night displaying this image on the big screen.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnhCDM4h...=1qsqwmkdzp3in
Old 09-11-2018, 03:21 PM   #34
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Kevin Smith and Adam Rifkin sit around and talk about The Last Movie Star and the life of Burt Reynolds.

https://www.smodcast.com/channel/smodcast?audio=402
Nadal Fan is offline   Reply With Quote