Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment

View Poll Results: Who do you think gets to meet Lucile first?
Glenn 66 47.14%
Rosita 0 0%
Daryl 10 7.14%
Michonne 2 1.43%
Abe 31 22.14%
Maggie 4 2.86%
Rick 2 1.43%
Sasha 2 1.43%
Aaron 7 5.00%
Carl 1 0.71%
Eugene 14 10.00%
Somebody else 1 0.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-04-2016, 10:31 PM   #61
Robo
Franchise Player

Exp:

I picked Abe only because the guy at the road block kept saying someone in your motor home could die today.... although when the show comes back in October I won't be nearly as invested in the death as I would have been had they shown us at the end of the episode who it was.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 07:30 AM   #62
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto-matic View Post

All 3 gave Negan a reason to kill them.

Daryl - Killing Bike Gang / Known conflict with Dwight.
I think the Daryl/Dwight angle was built up too much by the writers for them to end it this way. There is too much potential storytelling for that one still.

If it is Glenn that bites the dust, you would also have to think it will weigh heavy on Daryl considering Glenn was out there because of him.
Old 04-05-2016, 07:44 AM   #63
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

I didn't think it was near as bad an episode that a lot of others people thought it was, but it definitely wasn't the finale I was expecting. I mean, we haven't had a main character death (I mean main character in the sense of the first couple seasons) since...Andrea or Beth? I didn't care at all when Andrea died and while Beth's death was shocking, I wasn't too upset about that either. This show needs to deliver on things like this, and I while I'm pretty sure either Glenn or Daryl get it, I thought it was a HUGE disappointment to not show us who it was. Like other posters have mentioned, week to week and episode to episode I've been emotionally invested to some degree in each character. Come October, I doubt I'll really care anymore. When we finally find out who it was it'll probably be a 'Yeah, that's what I thought' moment. To show the character death after Negan's ####ing awesome introduction would have been the perfect way to end off the season, and to roll out the carpet for Negan and his men. I don't think the group has come across an enemy even remotely close to these guys before, and it's like they got robbed of their moment of killing a beloved character in the finale because this shows writers are too obsessed with drawing things out and extending the suspense. At this point, it's supremely annoying. Anyway, my favourite parts of the episode were:

1. Negan. Holy ####, JDM actually managed to make Negan likable in my eyes. Awesome casting choice, IMO. When he told Rick and the group that they would definitely be entering pee-pants city, I actually laughed. “You killed a lot of my people. More than I’m comfortable with.”, just awesome.
2. I loved the road blocks the team kept running into on the way to Hilltop. Each one bigger, with more guys than before. The Saviors were totally just toying with Rick et al, and it was refreshing to see Rick start to lose some of that haughtiness that he's had all season and really start to doubt himself.
3. For some reason, the scene where the walker was coming through the field toward the camper was pretty poignant to me. The way Carl saw it, stared at it for a moment then looked away. As if remembering how different things were when the group was only scared of the walkers, and now they barely notice them.
4. The level of emotion everyone had at the end, especially Rick. He was so close to losing it, finally. I think it's the first time we've ever seen him like that, like he knew he had failed and #### was about to get real.

The things I didn't like:
1. The commercials. I had this episode PVR'd as I couldn't watch it on Sunday, and was still annoyed at the amount of commercials. I can't even imagine watching it live. AMC is just brutal for this. I read a pretty spot on blurb regarding this:

Quote:
The finale is ninety minutes, which has nothing to do with the needs of the story—which could be served in a tight thirty minutes—and everything to do with selling more ad space. Television (and movies) is a business, but creative decisions ought to start in the writers’ room, not the boardroom. This episode is burdened by the demands of the C suite, and as a result, it’s horrendous.
http://www.laineygossip.com/The-Walk...16-recap/43491

2. The Carol/Morgan story line. Just don't care at all. Which is sad, because Carol was my absolute favourite character about a month ago. Now I wouldn't really care if she or Morgan die.
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nyah For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2016, 08:11 AM   #64
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

I dont really care about the commercials. Its a business, it needs to make money or theres no show so I'm cool with that, besides I PVR it and skip them anyways.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2016, 08:23 AM   #65
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyah View Post
2. The Carol/Morgan story line. Just don't care at all. Which is sad, because Carol was my absolute favourite character about a month ago. Now I wouldn't really care if she or Morgan die.
It's not that intriguing, I agree. I liked that they are starting to meet in the middle a little bit though. Plus, it looks like it is going to introduce us to another important group. One that may follow Morgan's ideology more than Rick's (and obviously different that that of the Saviours, the Governor, Terminus, etc...).

I think the factionalism is probably the most interesting aspect of the story and resembles in an exaggerated way what we see in real life when power vacuums happen. The line between good and bad becomes obscure in a lot of areas, but also gets outright crossed intentionally by psychopaths (who often become very powerful in anarchy situations).
Old 04-05-2016, 08:39 AM   #66
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Morgan has long been my favorite character on this show. I don't care what anyone else says about his morals clashing with the modern world. He has by far the most interesting perspective of anyone on the show, simply due to what he's been through, and how he's come out the other side.

I'm hoping for more Morgan next season and less armed conflict.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2016, 10:20 AM   #67
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

argh, i accidentally clicked on the other thread !@#!$!@#@#*

the season finale was built up a lot but didn't live upto the hype for me. Why didn't the saviours simply surround the RV at the first location, what was the purpose of creating roadblocks at all N possible paths. If it was simply for "effect" or intimidation, it still didn't make sense to me, as their intimidation was in their sheer numbers.

this whole morgan and carol debate is a paradoxical one (can't justify killing to survive, but one must kill to survive). Frankly, i can't even predict how many months/years have gone by since the world turned zombie, but you'd think evolution would have resulted in those folks unable to kill (or to bring value to groups that do kill), to simply die off.
bubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 10:38 AM   #68
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
Morgan has long been my favorite character on this show. I don't care what anyone else says about his morals clashing with the modern world. He has by far the most interesting perspective of anyone on the show, simply due to what he's been through, and how he's come out the other side.

I'm hoping for more Morgan next season and less armed conflict.
oh god no....more lectures and scenes of Morgan's pensive staring out onto the horizon.

But sadly, I believe you are correct. We need to get ready for Morgan and his cell.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 10:41 AM   #69
Radio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

You're looking too much at the roadblock itself instead of what was being said by Negan. He's telling Rick I am in control. You're not as big and badass as you think. You'll go where I want. Do what I want. Each roadblock was bigger or more elaborate than the last, telling Rick I have a lot of resources. Then when Rick finally ends up where Negan wants him, he castrates him. In Rick's words, they f'd with the wrong people.
Old 04-05-2016, 10:49 AM   #70
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

Yeah, especially with Negan saying that the group now answers & works for him I think it's a way of showing that there is no getting away. The Saviors have complete control, and their road block demonstrations proved that perfectly.
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 10:58 AM   #71
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post
You're looking too much at the roadblock itself instead of what was being said by Negan. He's telling Rick I am in control. You're not as big and badass as you think. You'll go where I want. Do what I want. Each roadblock was bigger or more elaborate than the last, telling Rick I have a lot of resources. Then when Rick finally ends up where Negan wants him, he castrates him. In Rick's words, they f'd with the wrong people.
This is exactly it. This is how Negan gets people working for him. He doesn't want to kill Rick and his group, he wants to break them so they become his slaves.

If I was Negan, I'd kill off more of them. Rick and his crew had already killed off 30+ of Negan's men and several members of the group had already established themselves as full blown killers with defiant streaks.

He has a lot of guys working for him, but surely losing 30+ of his enforcers must be a big deal. Also, you'd think that he can see how people like Darryl, Abe, Carol, Michonne, etc are just too dangerous to leave alive. Negan would be much better off killing the majority of this group and taking over the rest of Alexandria.

I'm sure Rick's group will all be shocked by seeing one of their own beaten to death by a bat, but they've all seen worse. Many of them have done worse. It's not really any different than the time they killed the Hunters with machetes.

Maybe this is Negan's flaw though. He loves to control people and will seek to do that even in situations he shouldn't.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 11:00 AM   #72
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyah View Post
Yeah, especially with Negan saying that the group now answers & works for him I think it's a way of showing that there is no getting away. The Saviors have complete control, and their road block demonstrations proved that perfectly.
Agreed. It sort of demonstrated that Negan has a network and sophisticated level of coordination that there is no escaping from. He didn't want to kill Rick's group, just show them the "new world order" as he put it. Simply having a shootout with them or capturing them wouldn't have that impact.
Old 04-05-2016, 11:02 AM   #73
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, when it comes to Negan, its seems to be all about the implied message.

Like I said earlier, he strikes me as a bit of a Dark Humour Drama Queen with a flair for the theatrical.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 04-05-2016, 11:07 AM   #74
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Cookin View Post
Most of my time watching this show has involved wanting Carl dead, so I'll cling to a small shred of hope that he's finally dead.
I often wondered if I was the only person who finds him incredibly annoying, and would totally be ok with him dying, too. Good to know I'm not.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2016, 11:28 AM   #75
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
I often wondered if I was the only person who finds him incredibly annoying, and would totally be ok with him dying, too. Good to know I'm not.
Not by a long shot.

It would be nice if he and Enid got gunned down or Lucille'd. I despise Enid.

Old 04-05-2016, 11:30 AM   #76
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Carl has to lose the hat. It was sort of endearing when he was a little kid trying to be big and tough like his daddy. But now that he is a teenager and more or less independent, it's weird.
Old 04-05-2016, 11:31 AM   #77
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
Carl has to lose the hat. It was sort of endearing when he was a little kid trying to be big and tough like his daddy. But now that he is a teenager and more or less independent, it's weird.
And get a ####ing hair cut.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2016, 11:32 AM   #78
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

any chance he bludgeons Dwight?
Old 04-05-2016, 11:40 AM   #79
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
Haha yeah, the biggest timeline incongruity on the show. Carl has aged six years, Judith has aged one.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2016, 11:44 AM   #80
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
any chance he bludgeons Dwight?
That's why I added a "Somebody else" to the poll. It does look from the angle that whoever got hit was lower than Negan, but with this show anything is possible.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ken0042 For This Useful Post: