Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 05-05-2013, 06:28 PM   #1
NSFL
Random Title Change!

Exp:
Default Calgary Stampede 2013

I have let you all down. I didn't post about the new Stampede food the moment I found out. For this, I ask your forgiveness. If this has already been posted, mods please delete and spare me the shame.

But here is the list if you are still interested. Please click link for pics.

Source: http://blog.calgarystampede.com/2013...e-midway-2013/

Double Bacon Corndog - A hot dog is wrapped in bacon, deep fried, dipped in real bacon bit infused batter, deep fried again and served with maple syrup and more bacon bits.

Sweet Corn Corndog - Fresh sweet corn is husked, cut off the cob and added to traditional corndog batter to create a fresh twist on an old favourite.

Banana Bacon Ear - Elephant ear dough is wrapped around bacon and bananas, deep fried and served on a stick.

Deep Fried Pickled Beans - Continuing the pickle craze, green beans are pickled, battered and deep fried.

Deep Fried Butter - The old adage that calories don’t count during Stampede is put to the test with this treat. Cubes of butter are tightly wrapped in homemade pie crust before being deep fried to perfection.

Deep Fried Pie - Homemade pie crust is filled with your choice of pie filling before it is wrapped, deep fried and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar. Soft service ice cream is available to top it all off.

Deep Fried Doritos - A deep fried snack made of Doritos, beer and bacon, could it get any better? Doritos are dipped in a beer batter, sprinkled with bacon bits and deep fried.

Deep Fried Bubble Gum - Despite the name, deep fried bubble gum is not of the bubble blowing variety. Puffy marshmallows are infused with bubble gum flavoring, dipped in a pink pastry batter and deep fried. The result is an unexpected gooey delight!

Deep Fried Avocado - Pieces of avocado are coated in light tempura batter and deep fried.

Deep Fried Philly Cheesesteak Rollup - The traditional Philly cheesesteak sandwich, which gets rolled up and deep fried.

Chip Dog - Not your typical meat and potatoes. Take your hotdog on a stick and then surround it by spiral cut chips.

Eggroll On a Stick - A Chinese favourite gets the Stampede treatment when we take a classic eggroll and serve it on a stick

Shrimp Chips - A mixture of shrimp and tapioca flour is rolled out, sliced, dried and then deep fried. A staple Asian snack!

Naaco TNT - A sweet, salty, spicy, fresh & crunchy puffed rice based salad from India. It is made by mixing a variety of vegetables, sauces/chutneys, spice powders, fresh herbs, lime and puffed rice together and serving it in a waffle cone.

Cochinita Pibil - A pork taco with Adobe salsa, lime, red onions, habaneros (for the REAL Cowboy)

Flautas de Pollo - Rolled chicken tacos that are deep friend and with sour cream, Lettuce and Salsa on top

Chocolate Dipped Jalapeno - Just as it sounds. A jalapeno is dipped into chocolate to make for a sweet and spicy treat

Chocolate Covered Bacon - Combining two of our favourite food groups, bacon is dipped in chocolate and served on a stick.

Frozen Yogurt - This self-serve frozen treat comes with toppings galore. You are the boss of your yogurt destiny!

B52 Fudge - Fudge with a buzz! Baileys fudge is topped with Grand Marnier fudge and then topped off with Kahlua fudge.

Chocolate Cinnamon Bear Fudge - Cinnamon Bears are added to this crowd pleasing fudge to blend sweet and spicy.

Western Cake Pops - Finally cake on a stick. Gooey chocolate cake shaped as cowboy boots and hats then dipped in milk chocolate. Giddy up!

Dessert Fries - Home cut french fries are coated in cinnamon sugar and served with a side of special frosting dipping sauce.

Chocolate Bacon Fudge - Bite into this decadent chocolate fudge and you will discover bacon bits that have been added to the mixture. Sweet and salty!

Chocolate Bacon Apple - No fair is complete without a chocolate coated apple and Stampede is no exception. Roll that apple in bacon bits and you are on a new playing field.

Philly Cheesesteak - Thinly sliced pieces of steak, sautéed onions and melted cheese are all served on a hoagie roll for this Philadelphia favourite.

Idaho Nachos - Idaho’s version of nachos starts with waffle cut fries that are then topped up with all the fix’ins.

Godzilla Mac and Cheese - Classic gourmet Mac and Cheese with a Japanese flair. ‘Reel Mac and Cheese’ is topped with Nori (roasted seaweed), teriyaki sauce and a squiggle of Japanese mayo. Arigoto.

Idaho Taco - A jumbo Idahoan potato is baked, opened and then loaded to the brim with your favourite taco toppings.

Double smoked bacon wrapped cheese perogie skewer - Pan fried perogies wrapped with double smoked bacon, skewered and served with a dollop of sour cream and chives

Pickle Shooters - Think you have the stomach for it? Shots of pure pickle juice are available for those daring enough to try.

So what stands out for you guys? I want to try the perogies and the deep fried doritos. I think the pickle shooters are ######ed, though.

And as usual, concert info will be posted as acts are announced.

Edit: For those who do not like Stampede, please refrain from posting. We understand you may dislike it for whatever reason, so leave this thread to those who love Stampede.

NSFL=Not So Funny Lady. But I will also accept Not Safe For Life and Not Sober For Long.

You know you wanna read about nail polish:

http://polish-holic.blogspot.com/

Last edited by NSFL; 05-05-2013 at 06:32 PM.
NSFL is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NSFL For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2013, 06:31 PM   #2
Wood
First Line Centre

Exp:

The Stampede sucks

/inb4TTC
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wood For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2013, 06:33 PM   #3
NSFL
Random Title Change!

Exp:

Lol, you got to it before I made my edit.

NSFL=Not So Funny Lady. But I will also accept Not Safe For Life and Not Sober For Long.

Old 05-05-2013, 06:35 PM   #4
iLoveLamp
Scoring Winger

Exp:

There's a Stampede thread on the first page, gg
iLoveLamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:21 PM   #5
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Two Stampede 2013 threads? When TTC sees this he's going to put a bullet through his head.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2013, 08:24 PM   #6
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

We should just use the Stampede thread from last year, the one TTC is banned from...
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrMastodonFarm For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2013, 09:23 PM   #7
NSFL
Random Title Change!

Exp:

Oh shaaaaaaaame.

Old 05-05-2013, 09:29 PM   #8
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Seems like they are really pushing the boundary a with bacon, Homer Simpson must sit on the food committee
Old 05-06-2013, 06:32 AM   #9
FlamingHomer
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I can never find the booths selling some of these.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:45 AM   #10
Smartcar
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Mmmmm corndogs. Everything else sounds gross.
Smartcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:56 PM   #11
The Goon
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Great news! International Space Station Commander Chris Hadfield is the 2013 Parade Marshal.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/ca...422/story.html
We may curse our bad luck that it's sounds like its; who's sounds like whose; they're sounds like their (and there); and you're sounds like your. But if we are grown-ups who have been through full-time education, we have no excuse for muddling them up.

Last edited by The Goon; 05-09-2013 at 01:17 PM. Reason: forgot "commander"
The Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to The Goon For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2013, 01:15 PM   #12
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

Wow! Some of those sound like they could kill you in one dose!

But soooo good! Loving this years bacon fetish!
Daradon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:38 PM   #13
valo403
Franchise Player

Exp:

I didn't realize that a shot of pickle juice was so daring. Apparently I'm Evil Knievel most weekends because a whiskey shot with a pickle juice shaker is great.
valo403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:43 PM   #14
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

Yeah, don't get that one, I know a lot of people who really like pickle juice.
Daradon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:07 PM   #15
Devils'Advocate
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

When do we find out who is playing the free Coca Cola stage? I'm attending a conference the weekend AFTER Stampede, but was thinking to fly in early depending on what musicians are playing.
Devils'Advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:05 PM   #16
albertGQ
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils'Advocate View Post
When do we find out who is playing the free Coca Cola stage? I'm attending a conference the weekend AFTER Stampede, but was thinking to fly in early depending on what musicians are playing.
I have no idea, but if its anyone good, it's not worth the crowds

I'd rather pay to see a concert and not have to smell someone's armpit
albertGQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:20 PM   #17
nickerjones
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by valo403 View Post
I didn't realize that a shot of pickle juice was so daring. Apparently I'm Evil Knievel most weekends because a whiskey shot with a pickle juice shaker is great.
I believe that is called a "Wickle" ... Shot of whiskey, followed by shot of pickle juice.. they are pretty good
Old 05-10-2013, 08:44 PM   #18
Maccalus
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils'Advocate View Post
The lineup is revealed on May 23.

http://cs.calgarystampede.com/music/...ola-stage.html
Maccalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:08 PM   #20
Cheerio
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Looks like a bit of a letdown, the only artist on that list I'd be interested in seeing is Dean Brody.
Cheerio is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bacon , calgary stampede , heart attack , om nom nom nom nom