Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2012, 05:07 PM   #21
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's considered good by some people because they like it. I think that's all that's needed really. It's a personal opinion.

This is coming from a guy who drinks coffee from Tim's, McDonald's, 7-11, my keurig machine, and occasionally from a tin of instant flavored stuff. So I'm probably not a great person to be defending Tim's.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:21 PM   #22
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

I would concede to the point that subjectively it can considered good coffee. Objectively though, it isn't.

But what savings a person could achieve by brewing it themselves from a Tassimo is arguable. Being able to get a Tim's nearly everywhere for $2, the discs would have to be pretty cheap to compete.

Last edited by Wormius; 08-12-2012 at 06:27 PM.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:34 PM   #23
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

I like Tim Hortons, is it the best coffee in the world? Nope, but it does have a nice kick to it, and that's what I like in my coffee. I've had very good dark roasts that after I drink them I could fall asleep. Part of the reason I drink coffee is to have the caffeine, to me drinking a dark roast or defcaf coffee is like drinking a non-alcoholic beer, I mean yes you can do it, but... why?

Plus, Tims is generally cheaper than Starbuck, Second Cup, and the local cafés. However, if I do have change in my pocket I like to try the mild roasts around

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:51 AM   #24
Stampede2TheCup
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
I would concede to the point that subjectively it can considered good coffee. Objectively though, it isn't.

But what savings a person could achieve by brewing it themselves from a Tassimo is arguable. Being able to get a Tim's nearly everywhere for $2, the discs would have to be pretty cheap to compete.
It obviously isn't about savings compared to going to Tim's. It's about convenience.
Stampede2TheCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:13 AM   #25
Ruttiger
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
That's like saying, "sometimes I don't like to drink a good cup of coffee, so I will get a Tim's", or "I don't want to drink a glass of clean water, so I will drink some dirty dishwater". It seems rare that anybody would pick a bad product over a good one.

Drinking good coffee takes a bit of getting used to, it's like that first time you try hard liquor or Guinness. If you don't care about subtle things, like flavour or freshness, then Tim's is adequate, or you could spend $1 more and go to the Roasterie or wherever and get something that satisfies more than the need for a caffeine fix.
Pretentious poster is pretentious. Some people like Tim's and some don't - get over it and get on with your life.
Ruttiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ruttiger For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2012, 11:35 PM   #26
puckluck2
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Are the discs still insanely expensive for a Tassimo?
puckluck2 is offline   Reply With Quote