Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2018, 08:39 PM   #1
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:
Default The Sacred Riana

I'm a big fan of magic, I always have been.

This girl was on America's got talented tonight, looking her up she's won a bunch of stuff. She's got a great creepy stage presence and neat illusions

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2018, 10:02 PM   #2
calgarybornnraised
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

My kid jumped out of his skin tonight. Extremely creepy but very cool. She is very talented.
calgarybornnraised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 11:51 PM   #3
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

She won Asia's got talent, and I hope she does a refinement of her final trick because it was creepy.

I watched some video's of magicians watching her and with the camera stunt, he was completely baffled by how she did it, the play house stunt another magician said that it was a really simple trick, but her theatrics made it new.

Even when she won Asia's got talent she didn't break character, though I've seen interviews tonight where she's not in character.

I guess her dad's a illusionist as well.

But a very cool act, I don't know if its enough to win, however its unique enough to do it, but then again what do I know a teenage ventriloquist won last year and it wasn't close.

Old 08-01-2018, 12:49 PM   #4
Madman
Franchise Player

Exp:

At least the writing on the 2 books could have been a bit close.
Madman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 03:10 AM   #5
calgarybornnraised
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I honesty believe this years winner is between “The Sacred Rhiana” or “Shin lim”.

https://youtu.be/py-8BOeKQa4

Last edited by calgarybornnraised; 08-03-2018 at 03:24 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to calgarybornnraised For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2018, 06:36 AM   #6
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Amusing, but I think that "frightening" "scary" and "terrifying" is just a wee bit of hyperbole.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2018, 10:32 PM   #7
calgarybornnraised
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

So watching the 9:00 show. During her performance it cut to commercial. What happened? Last I saw was her scaling the wall.
Old 08-21-2018, 10:33 PM   #8
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think she's one of the more ridiculous things on television. And terrifying? Pfft. Dumb.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 10:41 PM   #9
calgarybornnraised
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
I think she's one of the more ridiculous things on television. And terrifying? Pfft. Dumb.
I’m so sorry you were forced to watch. I know in your old age it’s hard to get up and turn the TV knob.
Old 08-21-2018, 11:12 PM   #10
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

I love her act, thanks for sharing!
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 12:02 AM   #11
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I googled this since I don't have much time with coaching to catch up on my TV. I watched the act tonight and I don't know if I understood it.

When I read about the cut to commercial, I thought maybe she'd either had a mishap or did something that was past PG-18. But it sounds like the crawling up the wall was the end of the trick. I thought it was well done.

Look, I love the fact that she's different then most magicians that you see on the show, and she's got a great gimmick in terms of horror magic and being in the character. Too many magicians are showmen, she's not.

But the trick tonight was pretty weak compared to her other tricks. There were no big moments for her in it. I guess the box trick was cool, but it didn't come across as a big trick The wall climb looked good, but at the same time, it wasn't magical enough for me.

I think she does get through because you do want to see more.

Old 08-22-2018, 12:14 AM   #12
calgarybornnraised
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I googled this since I don't have much time with coaching to catch up on my TV. I watched the act tonight and I don't know if I understood it.

When I read about the cut to commercial, I thought maybe she'd either had a mishap or did something that was past PG-18. But it sounds like the crawling up the wall was the end of the trick. I thought it was well done.

Look, I love the fact that she's different then most magicians that you see on the show, and she's got a great gimmick in terms of horror magic and being in the character. Too many magicians are showmen, she's not.

But the trick tonight was pretty weak compared to her other tricks. There were no big moments for her in it. I guess the box trick was cool, but it didn't come across as a big trick The wall climb looked good, but at the same time, it wasn't magical enough for me.

I think she does get through because you do want to see more.
I’m with you. Watching with my kids,wanting to be scared and all of a sudden it’s commercial, her scaling the wall and then nothing. It’s so stupid. What’s the trick? Mel Bs pic on the voodoo doll?

After reading that a bunch of the “Acts” are from all the other “Got Talent” Countries it seems pretty fixed.

Last edited by calgarybornnraised; 08-22-2018 at 12:18 AM.
Old 08-22-2018, 07:26 AM   #13
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarybornnraised View Post
I’m with you. Watching with my kids,wanting to be scared and all of a sudden it’s commercial, her scaling the wall and then nothing. It’s so stupid. What’s the trick? Mel Bs pic on the voodoo doll?

After reading that a bunch of the “Acts” are from all the other “Got Talent” Countries it seems pretty fixed.
there are many seeded acts on AGT that are brought in from other got talent shows, and it used to bug me. But I just changed my thinking from viewing it as a talent competition to treating it as a plain variety show.

for Riana, I think she has talent, but her Schtick just wears thin for me.

The way the edited the show really hurt her act yesterday. how can you cut to a commercial in the middle of a magic/illusionist act? that's stupid.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 08:56 PM   #14
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarybornnraised View Post
I’m so sorry you were forced to watch. I know in your old age it’s hard to get up and turn the TV knob.
I'm so sorry you're over reacting to a comment about a ridiculous act on a silly show. At your advanced age and maturity, I know it's hard not to think everything is about you, puddin'.

Glad she got bumped off.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 08:55 AM   #15
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonBlue View Post
there are many seeded acts on AGT that are brought in from other got talent shows, and it used to bug me. But I just changed my thinking from viewing it as a talent competition to treating it as a plain variety show.

for Riana, I think she has talent, but her Schtick just wears thin for me.

The way the edited the show really hurt her act yesterday. how can you cut to a commercial in the middle of a magic/illusionist act? that's stupid.

At the same time, even though the editing hurt her, that last act wasn't with her crawling up the wall just wasn't as good as her other two performances which I thought were good. I thought it was pretty lack lustre with no big reveal or illusion or got you moment.

Old 08-29-2018, 03:33 PM   #16
circle
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
At the same time, even though the editing hurt her, that last act wasn't with her crawling up the wall just wasn't as good as her other two performances which I thought were good. I thought it was pretty lack lustre with no big reveal or illusion or got you moment.
Not to rag too much on this, but it doesn't help when Riana picks on Mel B, who just doesn't really care to participate or have any fun with the act. It just makes it less enjoyable for the audience when one of the judges just seems so disinterested in taking part.
Old 08-30-2018, 09:49 AM   #17
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by circle View Post
Not to rag too much on this, but it doesn't help when Riana picks on Mel B, who just doesn't really care to participate or have any fun with the act. It just makes it less enjoyable for the audience when one of the judges just seems so disinterested in taking part.

True enough, she is a bit of a stick in the mud on that show. That's why I think Stern was so good.

But overall it just wasn't much of a trick. Her earlier tricks were much better. ?I would also say that while I loved the fact that she's a character based magician, some of the non character based magicians from years previous were just more polished.