Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2011, 11:22 PM   #41
HamptonIce
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducay View Post
First 3 rows of the blacks are like $7.99 per game.

That or they pay you to come, either way they're ######edly cheap for wicked seats, hence the long waiting list (and also why no one in their right mind pays the same amount for any black row above 3)
I wish.....then the deal would be even better...cost is approx. $21.30 per ticket..still the best deal to appreciate/analyze the game in the 'dome.
HamptonIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:34 AM   #42
cuervokidd
Draft Pick

I was mid 200's last season for 2nd bowl and got my ticket offer for whites last week . $2813 approx for the tickets including tax etc. Face value I hear is about $102.
cuervokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:01 AM   #43
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GomerPile View Post
I signed up for HH Thursday the 21st, got row 5 in sec 304 today. Not bad for a waitlist I figure. They also credited my 200 for the HH membership towards the tickets.
Not directed at you specifically but what a joke. I hate the Hot House.
malcolmk14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to malcolmk14 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2011, 09:04 AM   #44
flamesrule_kipper34
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmk14 View Post
I'm def. going to call them up about it, I know there's probably nothing they can do/say but what's the logic there for something like that to happen?

Just makes no sense for me, and if they give me an answer of something like it's a logistical nightmare trying to figure out seats offerance last second they can kiss my a**.
flamesrule_kipper34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:46 AM   #45
mikephoen
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
First 3 rows of the blacks are like $7.99 per game.

That or they pay you to come, either way they're ######edly cheap for wicked seats, hence the long waiting list (and also why no one in their right mind pays the same amount for any black row above 3)
Those first three rows of blacks are the most underpriced seats in the dome, by far. They should probably be 3 times as much, and the first row should be 5 times as much. Wow are we going to have a bitchfest on here when the new building gets built and this pocket of underpriced seats ceases to exist. That thread will be epic!
mikephoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:52 AM   #46
Cowboy89
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervokidd View Post
I was mid 200's last season for 2nd bowl and got my ticket offer for whites last week . $2813 approx for the tickets including tax etc. Face value I hear is about $102.
Hmm it seems based on the numbers that a lot of people are balking at the whites for cheaper tickets. I'm high 300s on the 2nd level waiting list and would take whites if offered. Seems as though I'm within a year of getting a pair.

The only problem is I have essentially 'semi' season's tickets now as I'm in a ticket consortium with a couple of other guys for white seats and I have a game-pack for three tickets for some of the games I don't have in the consortium. If I renew my current arrangements at renewal time in March I might find myself with far too many Flames tickets for the 2012-2013 season!
Cowboy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:54 AM   #47
GomerPile
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
I had called in April enquiring about it, and the guy I talked too said traditonally 2-3 seasons wait. I didn't exactly have this budgeted in with just starting work and just finished post secondary, had he told me this summer, I likely wouldnt have signed up. But I am not going to miss my chance now.

I agree though, it is a little bit like no one really knows whats going on...
GomerPile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:26 AM   #48
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just don't have any idea how something like this can happen:

Malcolm signs up for the hot house in 2008. In 2010, he's offered seats in the 300's in rows 12-17. He doesn't take them because that's way too far up and he wouldn't be able to see the jumbotron and he would be paying just as much as people in rows 4, 5, 6.

GomerPile signs up in 2011. Five days later he gets seats in 300 row 5. Perfect seats that Malcolm certainly would have accepted immediately had they been offered to him.

How does that make sense at all?

Again, no offense to GomerPile, but come on, that's just ridiculous.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to malcolmk14 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2011, 11:29 AM   #49
steveo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
I just don't have any idea how something like this can happen:

Malcolm signs up for the hot house in 2008. In 2010, he's offered seats in the 300's in rows 12-17. He doesn't take them because that's way too far up and he wouldn't be able to see the jumbotron and he would be paying just as much as people in rows 4, 5, 6.

GomerPile signs up in 2011. Five days later he gets seats in 300 row 5. Perfect seats that Malcolm certainly would have accepted immediately had they been offered to him.

How does that make sense at all?

Again, no offense to GomerPile, but come on, that's just ridiculous.
have you emailed the flames or your csr? I wonder what they have to say about this..
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:36 AM   #50
3thirty
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

nm

Last edited by 3thirty; 07-26-2011 at 11:45 AM.
3thirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:37 AM   #51
Ducay
Franchise Player

Exp:

When do HH renewals come out?
Ducay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:53 AM   #52
flamesrule_kipper34
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Soon if not already (as in within a couple of weeks).
flamesrule_kipper34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:15 PM   #53
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
have you emailed the flames or your csr? I wonder what they have to say about this..
I have now, and they're in the process of trying to work something out for me. The representative I spoke to was very open and honest about their system, which in my opinion is in need of a bit of an overhaul, it's completely manual and sounds like a logistical nightmare.

But they are as fair as they can be, and every year some special circumstances pop up where something might get overlooked. I guess that's fair enough.

My biggest gripe with the whole thing still stems from last summer, when I was offered the "while you wait" tickets with no playoff or relocation rights, in row 12 of the 300's. While others were offered full season tickets with playoff rights, I was never offered anything of the sort.

An imperfect system, but from the sounds of it they do the best they can with what they have, so I'll be patient and see what comes of it. I'm in no rush to buy the tickets right now anyway, so if I have to wait another year for something more comfortable to pop up, so be it.

Quote:
In the next couple weeks.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:30 PM   #54
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:
Flames

Quote:
I have now, and they're in the process of trying to work something out for me. The representative I spoke to was very open and honest about their system, which in my opinion is in need of a bit of an overhaul, it's completely manual and sounds like a logistical nightmare.

But they are as fair as they can be, and every year some special circumstances pop up where something might get overlooked. I guess that's fair enough.

My biggest gripe with the whole thing still stems from last summer, when I was offered the "while you wait" tickets with no playoff or relocation rights, in row 12 of the 300's. While others were offered full season tickets with playoff rights, I was never offered anything of the sort.

An imperfect system, but from the sounds of it they do the best they can with what they have, so I'll be patient and see what comes of it. I'm in no rush to buy the tickets right now anyway, so if I have to wait another year for something more comfortable to pop up, so be it.
I don't think any of us who took the "While You Waits" expected them to convert to seasons tickets with playoff rights the following year.

I do wish they would be more open about whatever process is in place. I am not expecting anything, but I am little disappointed that others, like me who took the WYWs, some get relocations and other don't even thought they've had them for the same amount of time. Maybe there is something else going on where those people who took the WYWs, but had wanted 3rd level anyway got the first year relocation rights, whereas guys like me who initially wanted 2nd level, and then ended up liking the 3rd level and just wanting to stay there, didn't.

If its just arbitrary based on who bugs their ticket rep the most, then maybe that's the game you have to play.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:33 PM   #55
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
I don't think any of us who took the "While You Waits" expected them to convert to seasons tickets with playoff rights the following year.

I do wish they would be more open about whatever process is in place. I am not expecting anything, but I am little disappointed that others, like me who took the WYWs, some get relocations and other don't even thought they've had them for the same amount of time. Maybe there is something else going on where those people who took the WYWs, but had wanted 3rd level anyway got the first year relocation rights, whereas guys like me who initially wanted 2nd level, and then ended up liking the 3rd level and just wanting to stay there, didn't.

If its just arbitrary based on who bugs their ticket rep the most, then maybe that's the game you have to play.
Hopefully I am recalling this correctly, I don't want to put words in anyone's mouth and I know the reps can't post here.

According to the rep I spoke to, there were two separate offerings. One was "while-you-wait", where you don't get any playoff rights and you maintain your position in line wherever that may be; the other was full season tickets with playoff rights and no relocation rights for three years in the 300's above row 4.

I was offered the former but not the latter.

Last edited by malcolmk14; 07-26-2011 at 12:35 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:38 PM   #56
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:
Flames

Quote:
According to the rep I spoke to, there were two separate offerings. One was "while-you-wait", where you don't get any playoff rights and you maintain your position in line wherever that may be; the other was full season tickets with playoff rights and no relocation rights for three years in the 300's above row 4.

I was offered the former but not the latter.
Hi,

I didn't even get that offer. It was just a renewal package that came in the mail and gave me options for renewing that included next years seats, and potential playoffs for last season. I asked my ticket rep about relocation and she said it wasn't possible until next year (unlike the other people that did get relocation in the WYWs this year). I did ask if I need to renew hot house if I want to keep the season tickets, and she said "no".

It also sounds like some people have been moved to better seats. I don't know how true that is. I assume I am in the same seats, but since there is no update in my flames account or the tickets being mailed out, I have no idea.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:03 PM   #57
merlin
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikephoen View Post
Those first three rows of blacks are the most underpriced seats in the dome, by far. They should probably be 3 times as much, and the first row should be 5 times as much. Wow are we going to have a bitchfest on here when the new building gets built and this pocket of underpriced seats ceases to exist. That thread will be epic!
I agree. They are by far the best deal in the dome at $24 a game. I am a little worried about a move to a new stadium and getting worse seats at a higher price. The worst seat will probably be in the $40 range in the new building.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:00 AM   #58
ShotDownInFlames12
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervokidd View Post
$2813/ticket you mean, right?
ShotDownInFlames12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:06 AM   #59
Flashpoint
Not the 1 millionth post winnar

Exp:

A little off topic, but here is how it works in Dallas. I've had season tickets for 2 years, and have talked extensively with my ticket guy.

The team wants paying customers. Once you are a paying customer they will do everything they can to keep you happy (and to keep you paying).

If they offer you tickets - TAKE THEM. Once you are a paying season ticket holder, you can can easily upgrade/downgrade, share, move yadda yadda yadda.

If they offer tickets to (for example) Malcolm, and he doesn't take them, he goes to the bottom of that rep's list. The rep is going to keep calling people until he finds a taker. And he doesn't care how long you've waited - he wants a buyer. So when Gomer Pile signs up, that sales rep isn't going to call back all the guys who have declined in the past - he's going to try the new guy. And boom - it worked because he has a sale.

Once you are a buyer, you can start to ask for things. They know you have outlayed cash in the past, and are likely to do so in the future.

I asked for seats in Row A. I was told no first year season ticket holder gets seats in Row A. He offered $200 in food and drink cards. Fair enough, I had Row D on the offensive blue line and a hot dog and beer to start each game. The next summer I told him I wanted Row A, or I wasn't going to renew. I got Row A. I am now very happy, and wouldn't trade my seats for any other seat in the house.

Bottom line - once you are a season ticket holder, you are much better off than anyone who isn't. Regardless of "waitlist time". You might have lesser seats for a year. In Calgary it might be a year or two. But I GUARANTEE your rep will do whatever they can to make you happy.

Just my 2c.

Oilers give up a pick and a player to take on 5.5 mil."
-Bax
Flashpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flashpoint For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2011, 11:16 AM   #60
Cowboy89
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashpoint View Post
A little off topic, but here is how it works in Dallas. I've had season tickets for 2 years, and have talked extensively with my ticket guy.

The team wants paying customers. Once you are a paying customer they will do everything they can to keep you happy (and to keep you paying).

If they offer you tickets - TAKE THEM. Once you are a paying season ticket holder, you can can easily upgrade/downgrade, share, move yadda yadda yadda.

If they offer tickets to (for example) Malcolm, and he doesn't take them, he goes to the bottom of that rep's list. The rep is going to keep calling people until he finds a taker. And he doesn't care how long you've waited - he wants a buyer. So when Gomer Pile signs up, that sales rep isn't going to call back all the guys who have declined in the past - he's going to try the new guy. And boom - it worked because he has a sale.

Once you are a buyer, you can start to ask for things. They know you have outlayed cash in the past, and are likely to do so in the future.

I asked for seats in Row A. I was told no first year season ticket holder gets seats in Row A. He offered $200 in food and drink cards. Fair enough, I had Row D on the offensive blue line and a hot dog and beer to start each game. The next summer I told him I wanted Row A, or I wasn't going to renew. I got Row A. I am now very happy, and wouldn't trade my seats for any other seat in the house.

Bottom line - once you are a season ticket holder, you are much better off than anyone who isn't. Regardless of "waitlist time". You might have lesser seats for a year. In Calgary it might be a year or two. But I GUARANTEE your rep will do whatever they can to make you happy.

Just my 2c.
I agree with this from a business point of view. Heck I would agree with this if this is how the Flames handled their seats in the lower 2 bowls. But I would seriously rather not even go to Flames games than to sit in anything above the bottom 3 rows in the 'Press Level Seating.' HD TV is better than sitting where TV cameras obstruct your vision of some of the ice, there is constantly people walking in the walkway between rows 3 and 4 in your views of the ice during play, and you can't even see the jumbotron. Any arena built past 1990 doesn't have seats as poor as these and I rufuse to have to shell out for 45 home dates in those POS seats to have to be part of a 'club' to be able to move into the second bowl.

On the other hand I would gladly accept and pay for white seats ahead of all the people who are turning down whites in order to get Orange, and greens.

Last edited by Cowboy89; 07-27-2011 at 11:20 AM.
Cowboy89 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
hot house , season tickets