Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2011, 02:52 PM   #1
Mista_Incognito
Backup Goalie

Exp:
lanny Season Ticket (Hot House) Updates

One positive from the Flames recent lack of success in the past few seasons would have to be that it may help with finally getting season tickets. I am hoping that bandwagoners and scalpers are ditching their season tickets so the true fans can pick them up.

I am currently a game pack holder and this will be the 4th season I have been on the Hot House waiting list for the second bowl. Last year I got a letter stating that I was number 200 something on the list and up to this point the list have been moving at a pretty slow pace. Considering I started out in the high 300’s I guess that my situation could be worse.

I got some information from the Calgary Flames ticket office and while they did not have that much information they did mention that the tickets renewals came in “Waves”??. The customer services agent told me that the renewal rate for the first wave was approximately 60% where in past years the rate was at a higher level (about 80%)

I was somewhat confused by the renewal waves and I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the situation.

I was also wondering if there were other hot house members on this board who have recently hit the magic number and were able to purchase seats. If so what number where you on the hot house list last year? I am crossing my fingers for this season... hopefully its possible!

Last edited by Mista_Incognito; 07-14-2011 at 02:58 PM.
Mista_Incognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 03:03 PM   #2
3thirty
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthr...105201&page=10

The last few pages in this thread have some updates from members.
3thirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 03:07 PM   #3
Beerfest
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I got seasons tickets this year!

Third level seats, most games I attend I sit up there anyway, so its all good!

I believe I was #31 going into last year for third level seats. I was on the waiting list for three years.
Beerfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 03:14 PM   #4
steveo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfest View Post
I got seasons tickets this year!

Third level seats, most games I attend I sit up there anyway, so its all good!

I believe I was #31 going into last year for third level seats. I was on the waiting list for three years.
where did you get offered seats beerfest? I was also offered seats and just like you most of the time I sit in 3rd level (I like that washrooms/concessions were close by, just wished the 50/50 people would show up more often halfway through the game.)
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 03:14 PM   #5
DionTheDman
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I've been in line for six years, was offered whites for this season, but they're a bit out of my price range. As an alternative, I was offered third tier, row five, but outside of the first three rows, I don't really want to sit on the third tier.

Will be on the list again for this year. I can be as patient as I need.
DionTheDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 03:33 PM   #6
Beerfest
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
where did you get offered seats beerfest? I was also offered seats and just like you most of the time I sit in 3rd level (I like that washrooms/concessions were close by, just wished the 50/50 people would show up more often halfway through the game.)
Not sure yet, ill have got in my account is tickets to 4 games and they are in different seats. Not exactly sure why..

Last edited by Beerfest; 07-14-2011 at 03:36 PM.
Beerfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 03:59 PM   #7
flamesrule_kipper34
Franchise Player

Exp:

I went on the wait list for third levels in March, got offered row 7's this summer and took 'em. Was surprised at how quickly I was offered.
flamesrule_kipper34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 08:08 PM   #8
merlin
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Just some info on my experience trying to get third level seats in the first 3 rows. I started wtih the hothouse when they first created it back in 2005. I started at #91. Slowly the number went down year to year until I was at #6 at the start of the 2009-10 season so I expected to recieve an offer to purchase seasons in the first 3 rows at the start of the 2010-11 season. Instead i was offered blacks row 4 or higher which was not what I originally signed up for. I talked to the ticket office and was assured that if I didnt take black row 4 or higher I would be offered rows 3 or lower after seat relocation. Well, it never happened, I didn't recieve an offer for the first 3 rows and the original offer was no longer valid. I called to complain about this situation and they did fix the situation by offering seasons in the first 3 rows of the blacks. I dont think it is possible to get the first 3 rows of the blacks unless you use the seat relocation process imo. My seats are excellent my family and I and will not be moving until there is a new saddledome.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:02 PM   #9
taffeyb
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I'm not sure how the Flames are tracking the seat relocations for all of these "newly" opened season tickets in the third level. It seems to me based on several postings that the best way to get season tickets is to accept an offer for 3rd level seasons (not Blacks) and use seat relocation to get down to the second level. The naysayers out there will point out that the offer of 3rd level seating mentions that they will not be able to partake in the seat relocation for the first year or two. However, it may still be faster going this route rather than to wait in the HotHouse. A sanctioned queue jump by the Flames.
taffeyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 12:43 AM   #10
flamesrule_kipper34
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by taffeyb View Post
I'm not sure how the Flames are tracking the seat relocations for all of these "newly" opened season tickets in the third level. It seems to me based on several postings that the best way to get season tickets is to accept an offer for 3rd level seasons (not Blacks) and use seat relocation to get down to the second level. The naysayers out there will point out that the offer of 3rd level seating mentions that they will not be able to partake in the seat relocation for the first year or two. However, it may still be faster going this route rather than to wait in the HotHouse. A sanctioned queue jump by the Flames.
In my agreement e-mail it says in fact I WILL be able to partake in seat relocation this first year.
flamesrule_kipper34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:48 AM   #11
taffeyb
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I guess that I should buy 3rd level seasons this year if offered again like last year...based on the movement of my wait-list priority number, I'm guessing that I'm currently 2-3 years removed from getting seasons right now (maybe more like 3-4 years now that they opened up 3rd level seasons with seat relocation). Going 3rd level seasons may mean 2 years - then again, no guarantees that I would be able to move down to 2nd level with seat relocation.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:27 PM   #12
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:
Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesrule_kipper34 View Post
In my agreement e-mail it says in fact I WILL be able to partake in seat relocation this first year.
There seems to be some discrepancy between what the client reps are telling people. I was told that I could relocate the seats for another year from my rep. Another person said there would be a special relocation event this year for those who took advantage of the "while you wait" packages.

Does anybody know what is going on here?
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 01:44 PM   #13
SilverGS
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I think the difference is if you were offered third level seating because you were on the third level list you probably get to go to the relocation event. Those who were on other lists and took the "while you wait" option did not get normal relocation rights but did get a different third level rows 5+ relocation event to say move more to the middle or down some rows in the third level.

If you were offered third level seats and get relocation event privileges then that is the way to go. There are people who downgrade from second level and get first 3 levels of the blacks pretty much every relocation event.
SilverGS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SilverGS For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2011, 01:54 PM   #14
merlin
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
There seems to be some discrepancy between what the client reps are telling people. I was told that I could relocate the seats for another year from my rep. Another person said there would be a special relocation event this year for those who took advantage of the "while you wait" packages.

Does anybody know what is going on here?
I recieved 2 invites to seat relocation events this year. One was for season tickets holders who were in the 1st and 2nd bowls and the first 3 rows of the blacks, which included my seats. The second invite was for the 3rd bowl only, 4 rows and higher, which didn't make any sense to me since I sit in row 2 of the 3rd tier. The whole 3rd tier hothouse is completely messed up imo.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to merlin For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2011, 02:29 PM   #15
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:
Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin View Post
I recieved 2 invites to seat relocation events this year. One was for season tickets holders who were in the 1st and 2nd bowls and the first 3 rows of the blacks, which included my seats. The second invite was for the 3rd bowl only, 4 rows and higher, which didn't make any sense to me since I sit in row 2 of the 3rd tier. The whole 3rd tier hothouse is completely messed up imo.
So I am wondering how the relocation for the "while you wait" to STH converts is working. I heard there was a special relocation that would take place after all of the other higher priority relocations and ticket offers were completed, but it seems like this other relocation has already taken place? Was this then based on a lottery or something?
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:27 PM   #16
kaddy
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I've been on the hot house for 2 years now. Got the while you wait tickets last year, but didn't get a season ticket offer for this year.

Does anyone know if the hot house renewal is up yet? I see I can purchase all hot house packs from my account, but I don't have a renewal notice for my 200 level hot house yet?
kaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:07 PM   #17
ShotDownInFlames12
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Question for people who have gotten tickets through the Hot HOuse. I was just offered this season in the Whites. I would prefer the greens or orange right now, but if I decline this offer, does it bump me down the list again since they technically offered me second bowl seats?
ShotDownInFlames12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:29 PM   #18
squiggs96
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotDownInFlames12 View Post
Question for people who have gotten tickets through the Hot HOuse. I was just offered this season in the Whites. I would prefer the greens or orange right now, but if I decline this offer, does it bump me down the list again since they technically offered me second bowl seats?
No. You will move up the list based on how many people in front of you get tickets or are taken off the list. You will continue to be on the Hot House list at the lower number as long as you pay your $100 per seat. Last year there were white offers that declined to accept and they were offered greens this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Jesus this site these days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
He just seemed like a very nice person. I loved Squiggy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I should probably stop posting at this point
squiggs96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 01:19 PM   #19
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've also been offered whites this year but they're pretty pricey. I'm seeing if a couple friends want to split them or something, otherwise I'll probably decline and see if I'm in a better position to buy them next year.
malcolmk14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to malcolmk14 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2011, 08:44 PM   #20
taffeyb
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Hey...about some info on where you were on the waitlist last year? This way, other HH members can make a guesstimate on where they could end up at the beginning of this season...

Tags
hot house , season tickets