Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2022, 08:17 AM   #41
PuckSlap
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverKast View Post
I think most cars are pretty easily trackable now. My 2022 M3 I could just open my app on my phone and see exactly where the car was at any time. Not sure how easy that would be for someone to disable, but it was super easy to track. I think if you paid to unlock the rest of the apps features you could start and stop it remotely as well.

I'd think it would be pretty easy to track down any sort of high end vehicle this way now, unless like I said it's easy to disable?

You have a bmw m3?

Or a Mazda m3?

Because one of those are very impressive

Obviously I’m talking about the Mazda
PuckSlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 11:47 AM   #42
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I think most cars are pretty easily trackable now. My 2022 M3 I could just open my app on my phone and see exactly where the car was at any time. Not sure how easy that would be for someone to disable, but it was super easy to track. I think if you paid to unlock the rest of the apps features you could start and stop it remotely as well.

I'd think it would be pretty easy to track down any sort of high end vehicle this way now, unless like I said it's easy to disable?
https://www.thestar.com/amp/news/inv...ddle-east.html

Under a paywall but this was an eye opener. And it happened to my neighbour around February. Doesn’t make the news because it’s extremely common and not newsworthy.
bluejays is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 11:55 AM   #43
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Yeah it's pretty handy and I don't think there's nothing the thieves can do to stop tracking outside of removing the battery at least on BMW's as I think the only way to disable is through the app. Add in the navigation point with the 360 degree camera and you can find out where it is very easily.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 11:59 AM   #44
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

since this incident i have seen footage on social media showing guys jacking cars in the middle of an intersection - supposedly this was in TO. Absolutely mind boggling video.

Seems that in some cases the jacked vehicles are quickly shipped out of the country. Seemed surrpsing to me that a vehicle could quickly be shipped out of the country. It is my understanding that if you import a vehicel from the US there is a bunch of paperwork that needs to be completed - but these thieves have figured out way to stickhandle thru this....

when i see stuff like this it just seems to confirm that we are heading to a lawless "mad max" type of world.
Old 05-18-2022, 12:04 PM   #45
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northendzone View Post
since this incident i have seen footage on social media showing guys jacking cars in the middle of an intersection - supposedly this was in TO. Absolutely mind boggling video.

Seems that in some cases the jacked vehicles are quickly shipped out of the country. Seemed surrpsing to me that a vehicle could quickly be shipped out of the country. It is my understanding that if you import a vehicel from the US there is a bunch of paperwork that needs to be completed - but these thieves have figured out way to stickhandle thru this....

when i see stuff like this it just seems to confirm that we are heading to a lawless "mad max" type of world.
They aren't shipping to the US or Canada or countries with actual laws.
Old 05-18-2022, 01:02 PM   #46
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
They aren't shipping to the US or Canada or countries with actual laws.
i was thinking that surely there is some canadian related paperwork required for outgoing shipments

Tags
edmonton is no good