Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2018, 08:08 PM   #501
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourque's Twin View Post
I watched the game in the hospital with my son in my arms, who was born yesterday. His first Flames game was a memorable one! Life couldn’t get any better.
Did you name him Matthew or just go with Chucky?
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tvp2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2018, 08:09 PM   #502
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvp2003 View Post
Tkacharles.
Old 11-18-2018, 08:20 PM   #503
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvp2003 View Post
Lanny Jarome Michael Bourque's Twin II.
Old 11-18-2018, 08:25 PM   #504
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Steam Whistle View Post
I’m not surprised by the tension, but I find the perspective hilarious. The Oilers fans are acting like our goon (our Kassian, but we don’t have one) tried to take out McDavid. And then this answer the bell stuff. Answer the bell for what? Nothing but some minor face washing and scrumming occurred with McD, and he initiated it. This is nothing like when Tkachuk hit Doughty, to which he did answer the bell, because there was no illegal hit or anything that could have remotely injured McD occurring.

I have no issue if Kassian and the Oilers want to run around like morons to extract revenge for some nothing more than annoying shenanigans by Tkachuk that’s there prerogative, and I have no issue with Tkachuk not answering the bell cause there’s no incident to answer for. Literally nothing.

The only super star players that actually got a true rough ride last night was Tkachuk himself when he got slew footed by Dri and Johnny when he got boarded from behind. The Oilers fan base has got themselves worked up like the Flames gooned McD, but nothing of any substance actually happened which is the beauty of Tkachuk.

Also lots of talk on how ineffective Tkachuk was after the incident. They seem to be missing that he was a member of the line that completely rendered the McD line useless in the 3rd.
Our “goon” has 21 pts. The Oiler’s goon has 1.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 08:32 PM   #505
nickerjones
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I watched the game in the hospital with my son in my arms, who was born yesterday. His first Flames game was a memorable one! Life couldn’t get any better.
Dude! Congrats!
Old 11-18-2018, 09:08 PM   #506
Tailgator
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Congrats! I hope you and baby Zebulon enjoyed the game!
Tailgator is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tailgator For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2018, 10:37 PM   #507
redforever
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igottago View Post
I don't know if there's been a better BOA game since the 90's. That was a classic Saturday night rivalry game. Proud of the Flames for focusing and getting the upper hand, they dominated the third. If Bennett can get a bit more offense going he's going to play a vital role for this team. Maybe he already is. Character win and I love that there's so much bitterness coming from Oilers fans today.
80's BOA were even better.
redforever is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to redforever For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2018, 05:07 AM   #508
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

It’s been like 30 hours and I’m still so happy. I just love beating those idiots.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 05:58 AM   #509
CalgaryFan1988
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm sure it's been mentioned but (In the fight with Bennett), Nurse sure threw a really late punch.

After the refs jumped in too, dirty SOB.
CalgaryFan1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 06:40 AM   #510
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Are his middle names Arthur Leigh Adekunle Tig Junior Elvis?
PaperBagger'14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 06:57 AM   #511
Two Fivenagame
First Line Centre

Exp:
Thumbs up

Bennett the fighter....

I think he's had around 4, maybe 5 fights in his young NHL career? Nurse must have been his toughest bout but he handled himself well (I think the refs may have saved his butt by stepping in).

Is anyone else surprised by his toughness? And he's only 22!

Jeez, if he could figure it out offensively - Sam Bennett the power forward?
Old 11-19-2018, 07:34 AM   #512
red sky
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Josh Manson is a tough SOB. I hope Bennett takes this opportunity and shows he can contribute offensively. Would be great to keep Frolik in the bottom 6.
red sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 07:42 AM   #513
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's Monday morning, but it will be a happy day. Get to read the PGT from Saturday night AND the PGT last night on HFOil. Double goodness.

Should be some great entertainment for the day!
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 08:00 AM   #514
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
Lanny Jarome Michael Bourque's Twin II.
You spelt Micheal wrong.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 09:09 AM   #515
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm sad I had to miss this game. But based on the highlights and comments, it sounds like there was some passion again in the BoA. That was seriously missing over the past 5 or so years. There needs to be hate.

Hopefully both teams come out with some snarl for the next one.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 09:22 AM   #516
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

The funniest part for me was at the intermissions all of the talking heads, including Burke, were saying that the Oilers had Lucic and Kassian and the Flames didnt have anyone on their roster who could handle them.

Burke even lamented that we didnt have a player like them in the lineup.

Fast forward to post game and all of a sudden Edmonton's brilliant plan of playing knuckle-draggers and face-punchers was a flawed strategy.

Sorry guys, but thats old news. Lucic, Kassian and Nurse spent so much time running around like idiots and trying to get people to 'answer the bell' that they didnt play the game.

I'll take guys like Bennett and Chucky any day. They can agitate and they can play. Even Backlund chipped in on the aggression.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2018, 09:28 AM   #517
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-E-B View Post
It’s been like 30 hours and I’m still so happy. I just love beating those idiots.

i was thinking the same thing about how awesome a weekend it was...
flames beat the oil saturday night
my men's hockey team won saturday night (we dominated... which was nice!)
sunday the stamps win the west to go back to the grey cup
then the oil lose to vegas

smiles all around!

Old 11-19-2018, 09:29 AM   #518
PeteMoss
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
The funniest part for me was at the intermissions all of the talking heads, including Burke, were saying that the Oilers had Lucic and Kassian and the Flames didnt have anyone on their roster who could handle them.

Fast forward to post game and all of a sudden Edmonton's brilliant plan of playing knuckle-draggers and face-punchers was a flawed strategy.

Sorry guys, but thats old news. Lucic, Kassian and Nurse spent so much time running around like idiots and trying to get people to 'answer the bell' that they didnt play the game.

I'll take guys like Bennett and Chucky any day. They can agitate and they can play. Even Backlund chipped in on the aggression.
There's been decades proving the the need to play plugs to fight is overrated. Yes it may be maddening to watch your team get bullied but the point of the game is to score the most goals not to be the meaner guys.
PeteMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 09:49 AM   #519
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I like Burke but it's apparent he as with some other older people in the NHL just can't accept the league has changed. Probably for the best he's not here anymore as the Flames need to move past this mentality of dressing bad players because of their fighting skills.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2018, 09:54 AM   #520
Red
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:

Not sure I agree. Flames played scared and out of sync. If not for Ritter's 3 breakaway stops we are singing a different tune. Blow out and a beat down. Like game 1 2016-2017 when Kassian Lucic and Maroon were talking thrash and threatened the flames during the warm up.
Kassian got stupid and got thrown out for the whole second period. That was a game changer. He plays a bit smarter and things could be very different with everyone looking over their shoulder.

And really, how effective was a Dube or Jankowski? Would rather have a heavy weight in those games.
Red is offline   Reply With Quote