Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2018, 05:19 AM   #4941
Mitt31
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg13 View Post
Give me Talbot for Smith.

Both guys are getting run out of town by their fans.

4 straight L's for Talbot and has let in 6 goals on 22 shots in his current game against Vegas

Smith - nothing really needs to be said. Worst goalie in the league.

NO!!!!

Dont bring anything from the Oilers Locker Here!!!!

"I'll have to photocopy that for my kids.
One day, I'll be trying to talk hockey and they'll be saying, 'The game has passed you by, dad.' I'll be able to say, 'Ovechkin's on it, and he's still lighting it up.' " - Jarome Iginla
Old 11-19-2018, 06:48 AM   #4942
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg13 View Post
Give me Talbot for Smith.

Both guys are getting run out of town by their fans.

4 straight L's for Talbot and has let in 6 goals on 22 shots in his current game against Vegas

Smith - nothing really needs to be said. Worst goalie in the league.
Both players UFA so it's a deal that could be made if the Flames ate a bit of money but I don't see why the Oilers would do that unless they have made their mind they are moving on from Talbot and they take a bigger risk as we all know Smith is at the end but if Talbot plays better on a different team it's egg on their face. Won't happen.
Old 11-19-2018, 08:57 AM   #4943
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitt31 View Post
NO!!!!

Dont bring anything from the Oilers Locker Here!!!!
You wouldn't have taken Dubnyk given the evidence a couple years later? Or even Hall? Or even a useful utility guy who never gets hurt, like Cogliano?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2018, 08:59 AM   #4944
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
You wouldn't have taken Dubnyk given the evidence a couple years later? Or even Hall? Or even a useful utility guy who never gets hurt, like Cogliano?
Glencross and Smid weren’t too bad.
The Following User Says Thank You to Scroopy Noopers For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2018, 09:42 AM   #4945
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

After a few rumour mongerers mentioning the flames being in on nylander, Eklund did so today. Says flames looking to add more scoring and that they have the pieces the leafs could use....
The Following User Says Thank You to bubbsy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2018, 09:48 AM   #4946
David Struch
First Line Centre

Exp:
icon57 Potential goaltending options for Calgary Flames:

Quote:
Jimmy Howard – Detroit Red Wings – A pending UFA that is off to a good start. There are rumors that he’s interested in re-signing with the Red Wings.

“That’s the one guy I looked at,” Friedman said. “If you really go up and down the teams and look at who’s really available and who can be had out there, he’s probably your best option. There has been rumours, and I stress they are rumours, that he was looking at signing a short-term extension with the Red Wings, but that doesn’t necessarily mean anything.”
https://mynhltraderumors.com/nhl-rum...an/2018/11/19/
Old 11-19-2018, 10:36 AM   #4947
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbsy View Post
After a few rumour mongerers mentioning the flames being in on nylander, Eklund did so today. Says flames looking to add more scoring and that they have the pieces the leafs could use....
Anyone other than Eklund? (You mention a few rumor mongerers)

I just don’t see it even though we could easily fit him in personnel wise I just don’t see the cap space for it. Leafs would be looking at Hanifin or Andersson/Valimaki ++. The Leafs would probably also want Bennett as part of the plus package with our young D which takes away a huge physical element on the team.

I just don’t see room to sign Nylander and Tkachuk (while replacing Smith) and not dumping Stone, Frolik, and now Neal’s bloated contracts.

Eklund also wrote a blog the other day about teams trying to get Puljujärvi because they needed scoring centers but Puljujärvi was never a center. I have posted a lot of Eklund rumors so not hating on that but more interested to know which other guys have thrown that out there?
Old 11-19-2018, 12:10 PM   #4948
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
Anyone other than Eklund? (You mention a few rumor mongerers)

I just don’t see it even though we could easily fit him in personnel wise I just don’t see the cap space for it. Leafs would be looking at Hanifin or Andersson/Valimaki ++. The Leafs would probably also want Bennett as part of the plus package with our young D which takes away a huge physical element on the team.

I just don’t see room to sign Nylander and Tkachuk (while replacing Smith) and not dumping Stone, Frolik, and now Neal’s bloated contracts.

Eklund also wrote a blog the other day about teams trying to get Puljujärvi because they needed scoring centers but Puljujärvi was never a center. I have posted a lot of Eklund rumors so not hating on that but more interested to know which other guys have thrown that out there?
'incarcarated Bob' tweeted that the ducks and flames are who he is hearing are hot and heavy on nylander. Don't shoot the messenger, not sure how connected he is with hockey rumours...
The Following User Says Thank You to bubbsy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2018, 12:17 PM   #4949
jg13
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbsy View Post
'incarcarated Bob' tweeted that the ducks and flames are who he is hearing are hot and heavy on nylander. Don't shoot the messenger, not sure how connected he is with hockey rumours...
I think he has a duck connection. Same guy called Andersen to Toronto.

Not sure how connected he is with Calgary.
Old 11-19-2018, 12:23 PM   #4950
GranteedEV
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have no clue how you make Nylander work under the cap with all the inefficiently utilized space we have in Brouwer/Neal/Stone/Frolik/Ryan.

But I think this trade would be the first domino towards us becoming a contender. Our top line has struggled at 5 on 5 and our PP is still below average. But add Nylander and suddenly

Gaudreau-Lindholm-Neal
Frolik-Monahan-Nylander
Bennett-Backlund-Tkachuk

You have three legit lines, wave after wave. What would the cost be? I can't see Tre trading any of the nine above other than Frolik. Leafs' biggest need is a RD so I imagine he is dangling Hamonic or Stone to start. I would expect Jankowski to be an ask given his upside and versatility. And probably pur 2019 first.

"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."
Old 11-19-2018, 12:25 PM   #4951
Nelson
First Line Centre

Exp:

Here's the tweet:

https://twitter.com/incarceratedbob/...27922467229696
Old 11-19-2018, 12:36 PM   #4952
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wouldn't get overly excited about rumours as when a player like Nylander is available if all 30 teams aren't calling then then some GM's aren't doing their jobs. No doubt Treliving probably talked about what he could offer but you just know that the Leafs are looking to make a home run and I don't think the Flames can make that work without shipping a roster player with some term on his contract to make room for Nylander and Tkachuk's upcoming deals.
Old 11-19-2018, 12:48 PM   #4953
Samuelsson
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

As much as it would be awesome, I just don't see this happening without giving up too much. I know you've got to give to get, but I'd prefer for us to keep all of our D prospects. A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.
Old 11-19-2018, 12:52 PM   #4954
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

IF, and its a big IF, BT was to go after Nylander it starts with Valimaki and a 1st, otherwise there is no way Dubas cant do better elsewhere.

I still believe he tells Nylander to take what is on the table or he can miss the entire season.
Old 11-19-2018, 01:02 PM   #4955
GullFoss
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

If James Neal was part of the deal, I'm sure he'd be ecstatic. A chance to play for his childhood team (Whitby is even more Toronto than Toronto) on a line with JT or Matthews. It's a no brianer. And it would solve the cap implications of adding Nylander for the flames.

Hanifin/Valimaki+Neal for Nylander+Gardiner would make a ton of sense to me.

- Gardiner is 28; Neal is 31. Thus the age difference isn't that different
- Toronto actually saves money on the cap from the 2019-20 season forward because Gardiner will a lot more than $4m next season and Nylander would cost a lot more than Neal
- Allow Calgary to cut bait on Neal who doesn't have chemistry with Johnny or Monahan or Bennett or Tkachuk or Backlund
- Toronto gets younger on the back-end while Calgary gets younger on forward
- Creates room for Kylington in Calgary next year
Old 11-19-2018, 01:09 PM   #4956
Dan403
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GullFoss View Post
If James Neal was part of the deal, I'm sure he'd be ecstatic. A chance to play for his childhood team (Whitby is even more Toronto than Toronto) on a line with JT or Matthews. It's a no brianer. And it would solve the cap implications of adding Nylander for the flames.

Hanifin/Valimaki+Neal for Nylander+Gardiner would make a ton of sense to me.

- Gardiner is 28; Neal is 31. Thus the age difference isn't that different
- Toronto actually saves money on the cap from the 2019-20 season forward because Gardiner will a lot more than $4m next season and Nylander would cost a lot more than Neal
- Allow Calgary to cut bait on Neal who doesn't have chemistry with Johnny or Monahan or Bennett or Tkachuk or Backlund
- Toronto gets younger on the back-end while Calgary gets younger on forward
- Creates room for Kylington in Calgary next year
Oh, HELL NO.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Dan403 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2018, 01:26 PM   #4957
Incogneto
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
It's no surprise when Gaudreau goes pointless in four games the Flames go 1-3. I shudder to think of how bad this team would be without him.
didnt they win 11 in a row without him when he broke his finger 2 years ago?
Old 11-19-2018, 01:31 PM   #4958
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

I don’t see the Flames signing Neal for 5 years and trading him 20 games in
The Following User Says Thank You to DeluxeMoustache For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2018, 01:36 PM   #4959
Niemo
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Any deal for nylander would have Bennett and Anderson going back as pieces I'd imagine.
Old 11-19-2018, 01:38 PM   #4960
Zulu29
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niemo View Post
Any deal for nylander would have Bennett and Anderson going back as pieces I'd imagine.
Hard pass
The Following User Says Thank You to Zulu29 For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread