Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2023, 06:45 PM   #1
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:
Default Flames Equipment Sale: June 3rd

For those of you looking for Flames gear, you have a month to save your pennies.
https://twitter.com/user/status/1655348646983106560

Last edited by CMPunk; 05-24-2023 at 09:23 PM.
CMPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CMPunk For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2023, 06:53 PM   #2
Rutuu
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMPunk View Post
For those of you looking for Flames gear, you have a month to save your pennies.
https://twitter.com/user/status/1655348646983106560
Yup.

Just like all really garbage management teams...they gave their staff a months notice for an annual event.

Its little things like this that over the last 30yrs makes me think we're a rinky-d!nk family business with poor management.
Rutuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2023, 07:49 PM   #3
midniteowl
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutuu View Post
Yup.

Just like all really garbage management teams...they gave their staff a months notice for an annual event.

Its little things like this that over the last 30yrs makes me think we're a rinky-d!nk family business with poor management.

Old 05-07-2023, 08:05 PM   #4
IamNotKenKing
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Yup.

That is a completely ridiculous complaint. You do know there are other things going on right?
When should they have set this to satisfy you?
IamNotKenKing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to IamNotKenKing For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2023, 08:16 PM   #5
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Should respond to the tweet asking if they still have any Tkachuk or Bennett gear kicking around.
FanIn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2023, 08:25 PM   #6
Rutuu
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNotKenKing View Post
That is a completely ridiculous complaint. You do know there are other things going on right?
When should they have set this to satisfy you?
They're an entire year out from my perspective. Their budget for next year should be approved, and they should have the venue locked in for 12months in advance. If it's a temporary event where they need casuals they should have them all hired with a month to go till the sale happens.

Its not really unreasonable to have your annual event site secured a year in advance.

If you're rolling your eyes at my previous comment, and spending your time in the game threads concocting elaborate conspiracies on why the NHL and refs "hate" the organisation instead...well I've got a venn diagram of championship organisations and good management that you'll always be on the outside of.
Old 05-07-2023, 08:28 PM   #7
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

How can they plan it a year in advance when they don't know when they'll be done using the equipment?

"Sorry guys, can't play in the Stanley Cup Final, we sold all your equipment last week."
Old 05-07-2023, 08:30 PM   #8
All In Good Time
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
They're an entire year out from my perspective. Their budget for next year should be approved, and they should have the venue locked in for 12months in advance. If it's a temporary event where they need casuals they should have them all hired with a month to go till the sale happens.

Its not really unreasonable to have your annual event site secured a year in advance.

If you're rolling your eyes at my previous comment, and spending your time in the game threads concocting elaborate conspiracies on why the NHL and refs "hate" the organisation instead...well I've got a venn diagram of championship organisations and good management that you'll always be on the outside of.
How do you know it hasn’t been done that way and they are just scheduling the staff now
That’s what the tweet looks like to me
Scheduling a month out is pretty standard, especially in this environment
All In Good Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2023, 08:30 PM   #9
IamNotKenKing
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

What the eff are you on about?

1) The playoffs of 4 teams are potentially in May and June, so no, they can’t book it a year in advance. This is one if the lower priority events they do, so it’s going to go where it fits.

2) You’d be pretty hard-pressed to find any conspiracy comment from me, so maybe give that a rest here.
IamNotKenKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2023, 08:33 PM   #10
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ultimately, does it matter? The date the equipment is being cleared out is going to be variable between April and July.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2023, 08:41 PM   #11
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Can’t wait for another year of the same 3 guys filling up wagons full of stuff and cleaning the place out before any of the regular non professional resellers get access. And then the inevitable posts complaining about it after. Good times.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2023, 09:30 PM   #12
Rutuu
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNotKenKing View Post
What the eff are you on about?

1) The playoffs of 4 teams are potentially in May and June, so no, they can’t book it a year in advance. This is one if the lower priority events they do, so it’s going to go where it fits.

2) You’d be pretty hard-pressed to find any conspiracy comment from me, so maybe give that a rest here.
July Long Weekend...Flames Equipment Sale. Come one come all. Doors open at 7am for season ticket holders, and 8am for the general public.

We do it on the Saddledome floor. Parking is free, public transport is covered with flames season tickets, and 10% off purchase price.

There are food trucks, face paint and some of the players, bring the family.

Max purchase $1500 per person.
Old 05-07-2023, 09:36 PM   #13
Red_Baron
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

Bizzare take.
Red_Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2023, 09:44 PM   #14
Boreal
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

Ok, I’ll bite.

Let’s see this Venn diagram you speak of.
Boreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2023, 09:46 PM   #15
Boreal
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Can’t wait for another year of the same 3 guys filling up wagons full of stuff and cleaning the place out before any of the regular non professional resellers get access. And then the inevitable posts complaining about it after. Good times.
Don’t forget when they post & defend the insane purchases for one individual to make.

Just go for the 30% off at the Flames store.
Boreal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Boreal For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2023, 08:22 AM   #16
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Flames fans are so far off the deep end, we need to establish some awards for the hottest, most ridiculous takes.

Most Ridiculous Complaint - Weekly Prize Winner

Most Insanely Negative Take - Monthly Award

and the grand champion:

Most Obtuse, Ridiculous, Offensive and Negative Post of the Year (the MORON Award)
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2023, 08:49 AM   #17
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
July Long Weekend...Flames Equipment Sale. Come one come all. Doors open at 7am for season ticket holders, and 8am for the general public.

We do it on the Saddledome floor. Parking is free, public transport is covered with flames season tickets, and 10% off purchase price.

There are food trucks, face paint and some of the players, bring the family.

Max purchase $1500 per person.
True business man here. Take a side hustle where they clear out equipment for extra cash, and add a bunch of unnecessary overhead for an “event” that like 10% of fans care about.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2023, 08:51 AM   #18
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

^ Its also Free Agent Frenzy the morning of the 1st. Set up a giant screen.
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2023, 08:55 AM   #19
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonage View Post
^ Its also Free Agent Frenzy the morning of the 1st. Set up a giant screen.
Whhhhyyyyy? They clear most stuff out every year. It’s working. If anything, the attendees seem to want less fans there.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2023, 09:03 AM   #20
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

I was being facet...pha....I was trying to be a smart ass
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Toonage For This Useful Post: