Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2022, 08:41 AM   #821
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

That midfield is just really bad. Di Chiara and Adekugbe are ok depth players, but they just don’t have enough to their games to be starters. You can hide one of them out there, but it is not pretty when both are out there.

Injuries and fatigue from all these games in a short span might have dictated Tommy’s lineup, but Fisk needed to be on the wing, and Camargo in the middle for one of Adekugbe or Di Chiara.

Losing Loturi and Pepple mid season has been tough to handle.
The Big Chill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Big Chill For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2022, 09:12 AM   #822
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, not sure why they keep putting Di Chiara out there. Simmons is a much better player, so I must be missing something here.
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2022, 09:18 AM   #823
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

We need to move on from Di Chiara. He is becoming a liability every time he's out there.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 09:38 AM   #824
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ya I don't know why Simmons sees the bench over that plug Di Chiara. Tommy keeps pointing out that he was the best player in preseason but he's been terrible all year. And most of last year too.

I also think we've seen just how valuable Vliet has been at LB through his absence the last couple games. Norman is....not good back there.

I hope in the offseason Tommy comes to the realization that we need to improve attacking midfield. I like Camargo when he's on his game but that is far too inconsistent, not to mention his injury issues that seem to come up every year. Last night you could see him pull out of every challenge and wasn't putting up a fight for loose balls.

shermanator is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2022, 09:40 AM   #825
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by M*A*S*H 4077 View Post
Outside of the early goal and the first 25 or 30 minutes where Cavalry seemed to be controlling play that was ugly. Forge was better up and down the pitch.

I thought Musse was very lucky to not be given a second yellow card for that late challenge in the first half and he should've been subbed at halftime as he was a shadow of himself after that talking to he got from the ref.

First time in a while I think Tommy really got the lineup really wrong. I liked the back four, in fact I might like Norman at LB better than Klomp at RB. Not sure if Vliet was available or not last night. But that midfield. Yikes. Adekugbe, C Trafford, and Di Chiara give you three players who don't really want to be on the ball controlling tempo and two players (Di Chiara and Trafford) who like to run around and cause chaos and get out of position really easily. And with Escalante out with yellow card accumulation I thought it was bizarre to not start at least Fisk on the wing, instead opting for a Camargo/Di Chiara combo down that right side. No speed, no creativity. Where is Assi? /rant

They look like a mentally weak team right now. When they get behind they fall into the same patterns and are unwilling to try anything different.

I want to bring a "MISSING PERSON: MYER BEVAN" sign to the next game. Seriously, where is he?

The available depth and subs that Forge were able to bring on were just so much more than what Cavalry has available right now. But, it's a long season ahead still. It has been a brutal week but hopefully Edmonton cures all things.
Vliet and Assi were out due to COVID. I think Assi has potential but he looks every bit the 17 year old he is. Loves taking players on 1 v 1 but more often then not he loses the ball in possession.

Bevan is supposedly back mid August.

Old 07-28-2022, 10:01 AM   #826
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Atleast Assi can move the ball up the pitch on the ground and not just default to air mailing 50/50 balls. Far from a complete player yes, but valuable to the team.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2022, 10:20 AM   #827
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermanator View Post
Vliet and Assi were out due to COVID. I think Assi has potential but he looks every bit the 17 year old he is. Loves taking players on 1 v 1 but more often then not he loses the ball in possession.

Bevan is supposedly back mid August.
Good grief, how did Bevan go from a player who Tommy made it sound like was being rested when Pepple was getting a couple games to out two months? They need a better physio staff. This has happened every year.
M*A*S*H 4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 10:40 AM   #828
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

It might seem a little counter intuitive since creativity in the midfield is the largest single issue with the squad but I wouldn't mind seeing Norman in the midfield alongside Simmons. Those are probably the two best passers the team has and that might allow Simmons to get on the ball a little higher up the pitch.
Old 07-28-2022, 10:58 AM   #829
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Yeah I've noticed there are no short injuries for Cavs guys. Injuries always seem to be like 3+ months. Camargo looks like he's about to get injured again, I'm just waiting for the stretcher on the field.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 11:10 AM   #830
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Cavalry and injuries are like peanut butter and jam - they just match up so well.
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 05:37 PM   #831
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Old 07-29-2022, 05:20 PM   #832
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

For September 17 in Edmonton, we've got a section booked. If anyone here wants tickets, link is below:

https://offer.fevo.com/fc-edmonton-v...hant3a-08116fe

Old 07-29-2022, 07:02 PM   #833
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Attending my first game tomorrow, really excited. Unfortunately, the ticketmaster map suggests attendance will be very disappointing. I was hoping with it being Saturday afternoon and against Edmonton I'd get that packed atmosphere.

Oh well, hopefully it's a good time.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2022, 07:04 PM   #834
jayswin

Exp:

Hopefully I can witness a goal.
Old 07-30-2022, 07:03 AM   #835
Howie_16
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Attending my first game tomorrow, really excited. Unfortunately, the ticketmaster map suggests attendance will be very disappointing. I was hoping with it being Saturday afternoon and against Edmonton I'd get that packed atmosphere.

Enjoy! UP THE CAVS!!
Howie_16 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Howie_16 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2022, 08:11 AM   #836
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post

People are never in town August long weekend. Should be a good game regardless. Hope you enjoy it!

Old 07-30-2022, 02:21 PM   #837
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

Enjoy jayswin! Hope they put on a good display for you today! Won’t be there myself but hoping to see a bucket of goals on the highlights
The Following User Says Thank You to M*A*S*H 4077 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2022, 07:13 PM   #838
CofR
Olympic Guru

Exp:

Alberta is red!
CofR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 07:26 PM   #839
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Edmonton get battered....everywhere they go!

Old 07-30-2022, 09:05 PM   #840
jayswin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by M*A*S*H 4077 View Post
Enjoy jayswin! Hope they put on a good display for you today! Won’t be there myself but hoping to see a bucket of goals on the highlights
Absolutely amazing!! Loved it so much. The crowd was way bigger than I was expecting. I had a few before so I was pretty toasted, but it was still amazing.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:

Tags
cavalry , cpl , eff the forge , fc edmonton is no good