Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 05:58 PM   #41
Nage Waza
Offered up a bag of cans for a custom user title

Exp:

This is the reality of the digital world. You do something wrong, there is a good chance it will be online in minutes. It may be cruel and disproportionate, but we are all aware of the real consequences of doing something that we know is wrong.

Don't want to be humiliated? Don't do it.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:01 PM   #42
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pylon View Post
I am just going to throw this out there. I can understand why people might be a little upset by this, but imagine having a loved ones grave site vandalized and someone attempting to pry open the vault and casket in the days that followed burial.

I don't have to, as it happened to our family. This is a minor faux pas, by what is likely an ignorant person. But there are things of much greater magnitudes that could go wrong. If this woman deserves to be lynched Duffman, what does the guy that try to dig up my sister deserve? Death X infinity?
Hey man, I just think a person with her level of disrespect should be publicly shamed.

If someone tried to dig up a grave, sure I'd go for death X infinity. Prison time at least, that's more than vandalism.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:02 PM   #43
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Remember that old couple who got caught dumping garbage at Weaselhead, I think? After that public shaming, they've probably never done that again.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:04 PM   #44
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

She looks kind of cute in that picture. Do you have any better ones so we can determine her level of hotness?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2014, 06:08 PM   #45
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nage Waza View Post
This is the reality of the digital world. You do something wrong, there is a good chance it will be online in minutes. It may be cruel and disproportionate, but we are all aware of the real consequences of doing something that we know is wrong.

Don't want to be humiliated? Don't do it.
But that is just mob justice.

If we subscribe to this approach we accept that 50% of the time the person being shamed will be innocent. Also the level of hate this person will get will be grossly disproportionate to the act she committed.

Essentially this is just a digital stockade where people get to line up and throw rotten fruit at her. As a society we are better than this.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2014, 06:17 PM   #46
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
But that is just mob justice.
As a society we are better than this.
Well actually... doesn't mob justice show that we aren't?

I agree with you in that the response will probably be disproportionate because the exposure is far greater than it could have been prior to pervasive social media etc.

Society will have to adjust somehow, people will either become more aware that their audience when they do something wrong is bigger than you can see just by glancing around, or everyone will stop overreacting to things based on insufficient information.. actually that second one will never happen. I don't know how, but society will have to adjust, social media and such aren't going away.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:19 PM   #47
Pizza
Poster

Exp:

Quote:
How do we know the dog/dogs weren't the pets of the deceased she was visiting? I know I certainly would appreciate my dog visiting my burial site, as it is the only 100% unconditionally loyal friend I have ever had. Also, how do we know she did not clean it up? Not that any of it really matters, because all of the corpses there cease to exist in any physical or spiritual form anyway. And the grounds crew will clean it up eventually regardless. Either way, publicly shaming this woman is BS without all the facts. Lastly, perhaps we haven't considered the fact the deceased was a weird German fetishist who had this as a dying wish.

Very, very unlikely

But let's give her the benefit of the doubt. Even if the dog was the pet of the deceased, that woman who brought the dog in still should've at least had the dog on a leash so it doesnt run around wild. Instead, she disregarded the rules and have little respect for everyone else's burial site

Quote:
But I would have no issue if someones dog pooped on my or a family members grave. Dogs are that awesome.
just because you like to have something #### on you, doesnt mean everyone else agree with it.

Believe it or not, many find this act disrespectful

Last edited by Pizza; 02-19-2014 at 06:23 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pizza For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2014, 06:24 PM   #48
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Wait, people are actually complaining that this woman is being publicly shamed? I say good shame away, she's being a selfish *itch and showing zero respect.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to zamler For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2014, 06:27 PM   #49
Turner
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamler View Post
Wait, people are actually complaining that this woman is being publicly shamed? I say good shame away, she's being a selfish *itch and showing zero respect.
<removed>

Last edited by Moderator; 02-19-2014 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Unnecessary, not what we want here.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:33 PM   #50
Pizza
Poster

Exp:

Quote:
I am just going to throw this out there. I can understand why people might be a little upset by this, but imagine having a loved ones grave site vandalized and someone attempting to pry open the vault and casket in the days that followed burial.

I don't have to, as it happened to our family. This is a minor faux pas, by what is likely an ignorant person. But there are things of much greater magnitudes that could go wrong. If this woman deserves to be lynched Duffman, what does the guy that try to dig up my sister deserve? Death X infinity?
"Death X infinity"?
wtf is wrong with you?

Why you have to assume that someone's reaction to the photo sides with an absolute extreme?

Whomever did that to your sister`s grave is obviously worse than the woman in the photo, but you have to understand that both were disrespectful and both were in the wrong. If the dogwalker doesnt seem to care when she's doing this in public, then why would she have any problem with the photo making rounds on the internet?

Last edited by Pizza; 02-19-2014 at 06:40 PM.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:33 PM   #51
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
As a society we are better than this.
No we aren't. Gossip and shaming is, in fact, a very normal part of human interaction. In the social media-enabled world, it does travel much farther, much faster and has the potential for much greater consequences than it used to, but that is simply a truism for most all human interactions in the digital age.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:33 PM   #52
jar_e
Franchise Player

Exp:

Did the OP report this to bylaw/311? If he did that, plus public shaming, I wouldn't mind. But if he's just public shaming without giving it to the people who can actually ticket, etc., kinda a dick move and a little less credible IMO.
The Following User Says Thank You to jar_e For This Useful Post:
GGG
Old 02-19-2014, 06:42 PM   #53
Titan
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realtor 1 View Post
I want to know who was boss enough to have nothing but a D on their stone.
Edit: Stupid remark as I just realized the site most likely has sections and this is section D? Ive never been inside any of the larger grave sites.
Best post in this ridiculous thread.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:43 PM   #54
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
No we aren't. Gossip and shaming is, in fact, a very normal part of human interaction. In the social media-enabled world, it does travel much farther, much faster and has the potential for much greater consequences than it used to, but that is simply a truism for most all human interactions in the digital age.
I should have said As a society we can/should be better than this.

I think people will eventually quit reacting. Eventually we will get desensitized to these small social infractions.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:48 PM   #55
Clarkey
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

It is such a dick move to post her photo on the internet like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Clarkey For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2014, 06:50 PM   #56
Vulcan
Franchise Player

Exp:

In the picture it looks like she's holding a bag to clean up the mess, so she is showing some forethought and responsibility. Still not a good thing to be doing. I wouldn't get upset but others don't think that way, so I'd take their feelings into account.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vulcan For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2014, 06:52 PM   #57
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
In the picture it looks like she's holding a bag to clean up the mess, so she is showing some forethought and responsibility. Still not a good thing to be doing. I wouldn't get upset but others don't think that way, so I'd take their feelings into account.
I couldn't tell if it was a poo bag, or a snowball.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:59 PM   #58
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

The whole problem with this entire thing is nobody has her side of he story, and there is no evidence to back anything the OP says up. Also, do you think the woman directed the dog to crap on the plot? Do you guys actually think that? She could have simply been peacefully walking the dog through the cemetery, and it just decided to squat the tripod of shame. My dog has done it on a frikkin sidewalk before. She cleaned up the mess. What more is she supposed to do. Stick her finger in it's butthole to stop it mid flow? Once a dog commits, its laying cable whether you like it or not.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pylon For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2014, 07:00 PM   #59
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I wouldn't want some mutt pooping on one of my loved ones graves. Sure they might not care because they're dead. But frankly I would, its disrespectful.

Its a digital age someone else here said, if you do something absolutely stupid like this then chances are your going to be flashed around the world.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:02 PM   #60
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
The whole problem with this entire thing is nobody has her side of he story, and there is no evidence to back anything the OP says up. Also, do you think the woman directed the dog to crap on the plot? Do you guys actually think that? She could have simply been peacefully walking the dog through the cemetery, and it just decided to squat the tripod of shame. My dog has done it on a frikkin sidewalk before. She cleaned up the mess. What more is she supposed to do. Stick her finger in it's butthole to stop it mid flow? Once a dog commits, its laying cable whether you like it or not.
If she was there visiting some grave, then so be it, but maybe don't take your dog for a walk in a grave yard where peoples family members and loved ones are buried, because frankly if you take a dog for a walk its going to poop. There are more appropriate places for a dog do do the tripod of shame.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
"i crap on your grave" , ignorant , really?