Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 04:47 PM   #21
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulator75 View Post
(Also, the photo was already making the rounds on FB)
If even HALF the amount of s--t posted on Facebook made its way to this forum, I'd ask to have my account removed. "It was already on Facebook", then let's keep it that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
that's unbelievable, really. I am totally behind her public shaming.
Wow. Just... wow.
Old 02-19-2014, 04:53 PM   #22
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

How do we know the dog/dogs weren't the pets of the deceased she was visiting? I know I certainly would appreciate my dog visiting my burial site, as it is the only 100% unconditionally loyal friend I have ever had. Also, how do we know she did not clean it up? Not that any of it really matters, because all of the corpses there cease to exist in any physical or spiritual form anyway. And the grounds crew will clean it up eventually regardless. Either way, publicly shaming this woman is BS without all the facts. Lastly, perhaps we haven't considered the fact the deceased was a weird German fetishist who had this as a dying wish.

But I would have no issue if someones dog pooped on my or a family members grave. Dogs are that awesome.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pylon For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2014, 04:58 PM   #23
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yes, it was cleaned up. No she wasn't visiting anyone, she admitted that she knew the rules and was in the wrong. But didn't care.

More photos on Flickr
Old 02-19-2014, 05:00 PM   #24
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Yes, it was cleaned up. No she wasn't visiting anyone, she admitted that she knew the rules and was in the wrong. But didn't care.
Well that clears up that magical fantasy of the depressed dog that just wanted to visit it's master one last time. It felt so special in my head.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raekwon For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2014, 05:00 PM   #25
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

Quote:
This is 100% hearsay though. How do we know this is the actual story, and not just your friend trying to embellish his photograph with a great junior detective story?
Old 02-19-2014, 05:26 PM   #26
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pylon View Post
This is 100% hearsay though. How do we know this is the actual story, and not just your friend trying to embellish his photograph with a great junior detective story?
If he's lucky, Kent Brockman will feature it on next week's Rock Bottom.
The Following User Says Thank You to 4X4 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2014, 05:35 PM   #27
Antithesis
Disenfranchised

Exp:

Perhaps the person who is buried there is a lawn enthusiast and would be happy with the extra fertilizer being added to the grass above them.

Oh wait - the woman was responsible and cleaned up after her pet. Why is this a big deal again?
Old 02-19-2014, 05:35 PM   #28
squiggs96
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
Yeah, this heinous offense is definitely worth taking a photo of her and posting it on the internet. God damn, guys.

I move that we remove the photo of the person. This is absurd.
If you don't want people posting pictures of you letting your dog take a crap on a grave site, then don't take your dog to a graveyard and let it poop. I don't get how people could be mad at the photographer, and not the woman. Only one of those is in the wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Jesus this site these days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
He just seemed like a very nice person. I loved Squiggy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I should probably stop posting at this point
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to squiggs96 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2014, 05:37 PM   #29
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Wow. Just... wow.
I stand behind that. do you have a dog? do you walk your dog through public parks where other dog owners don't clean up after their dogs and give all dog owners a bad rap? Do you have kids that walk through those same parks to get to school and have to dodge their way through irresponsible dog owners #### every day?

f'her, I hope someone post her home address online and someone drops off some dog #### on her front porch in and her mailbox
Old 02-19-2014, 05:40 PM   #30
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't have too much of an issue provided she cleaned it up. To me this is no different then any other area where dogs require leashes.

I mean if we are building the ring road and excavate bones should we stop and reroute the road. My answer is no so there shouldn't be faux outrage over this either
The Following User Says Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2014, 05:40 PM   #31
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought we had a "Grinds My Gears" thread for stuff like this.

I didn't hold the door for a guy behind me today. I hope he doesn't post my picture on Facebook.
Old 02-19-2014, 05:41 PM   #32
Antithesis
Disenfranchised

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
I stand behind that. do you have a dog? do you walk your dog through public parks where other dog owners don't clean up after their dogs and give all dog owners a bad rap? Do you have kids that walk through those same parks to get to school and have to dodge their way through irresponsible dog owners #### every day?

f'her, I hope someone post her home address online and someone drops off some dog #### on her front porch in and her mailbox
The consequences you are seeking do not match the supposed 'crime' this woman and her dog committed.

An appropriate response, in the scenario you are describing and given that she did tidy up the mess, would have been to have a dog poop on someone's lawn and then pick it up.

Change the situation from 'graveyard' to 'public park', and aside from the (IMO ridiculous) hang up people have about burials and cemeteries, and what we have here is a responsible-ish dog owner taking their pet for a walk and cleaning up after them, only to have someone decide to go all vigilante on them and post their picture to various sites about it because their dog pooped on the grass of a public park.
Old 02-19-2014, 05:43 PM   #33
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

I want to know who was boss enough to have nothing but a D on their stone.
Edit: Stupid remark as I just realized the site most likely has sections and this is section D? Ive never been inside any of the larger grave sites.

OFFICIAL CP REALTOR & PROPERTY MANAGER
Travis Munroe | Century 21 Elevate | 403.971.4300

Residential Buying & Selling
info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Travis Munroe For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2014, 05:43 PM   #34
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Isn't the more important question : What kind of person want to walk their dog through a Graveyard?

The fact she knew she wasn't allowed makes me assume she does this frequently.

That's the weird part to me!
Old 02-19-2014, 05:46 PM   #35
Bane
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Public shaming is a good start. I would love to see her fined the max, AND have her dog taken away from her.

I have family buried in that cemetery, so I hope karma bitchslaps her hard for the disrespectful she's shown.

Old 02-19-2014, 05:48 PM   #36
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

AH, I missed that part about her cleaning it up, OK, she's not as bad as I thought, and I sort of retract my comments about her public shaming.
But, I wonder if she would've cleaned it up if no one was around, and 2 if she ever does it again, I fully support a public lynching.

I hate irresponsible dog owners, and grave yard or not, I would totally be for vengeance no matter where, if the person is not cleaning up after their dog (in public places).
Old 02-19-2014, 05:54 PM   #37
Turner
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Off leashing her dog at a f'n graveyard and the dog takes a crap near a grave site. Plaster her moronic mug all over town.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Turner For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2014, 05:55 PM   #38
RougeUnderoos
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quick, someone phone this guy!

http://www.earlklatzel.com/gallery.htm

Anyway, if you don't want to be publicly shamed, don't do something shameful in public.

It would piss me off if that was my Grandpa under there.

Old 02-19-2014, 05:56 PM   #39
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

I am just going to throw this out there. I can understand why people might be a little upset by this, but imagine having a loved ones grave site vandalized and someone attempting to pry open the vault and casket in the days that followed burial.

I don't have to, as it happened to our family. This is a minor faux pas, by what is likely an ignorant person. But there are things of much greater magnitudes that could go wrong. If this woman deserves to be lynched Duffman, what does the guy that try to dig up my sister deserve? Death X infinity?
Old 02-19-2014, 05:56 PM   #40
Turner
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:
Icon59

Quote:
If even HALF the amount of s--t posted on Facebook made its way to this forum, I'd ask to have my account removed. "It was already on Facebook", then let's keep it that way.

Wow. Just... wow.
Closed Thread

Tags
"i crap on your grave" , ignorant , really?