Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 09:47 AM   #201
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

I honestly don't think that I would be offended if it was my family members grave that it happened to. Unless the person purposely brought the dog to that spot to defecate, then I don't see maliciousness that others are seeing.

I still don't think she should be bringing a dog through there, but it's hardly worth getting angry about.

The whole notion that she "allowed" her dog to this is crazy. No one "allows" a dog to poop. Was she supposed to poke it back up? The only issue here is that she broke a bylaw by having the dog there in the first place. It should have been reported to the proper authority and then the witness should have moved on with their life. Unless he /she sees her there all the time with the dog and reporting it hasn't helped, I see no reason to escalate the punishment to a grass roots level.
Old 02-21-2014, 11:23 AM   #202
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
There was text that went along with twit photo when the incident was tweeted.
Haha you mean the text from the creep who took her picture? We'll that confirms everything!!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2014, 11:54 AM   #203
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootsy View Post
The girl is being disrespectful...
NSFW language at the very, very end.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:16 PM   #204
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
Can someone find this woman and invite her here so she can defend herself?
Or at the very least produce some better pictures of herself as I see some potential there.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:36 PM   #205
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pylon View Post
You prevent it from happening by sending the photo to Calgary by-law, and allowing them to deal with it.
Without the persons name??? Good luck with that.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:38 PM   #206
longsuffering
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
The victim is the family whose family member was buried there.
Victim? You're kidding right?

Presumably squirrels, rabbits and any other wildlife in the area may from time to time crap on a grave. AND NO ONE CLEANS IT UP!!

There should be some kind of citizens brigade to ensure that no grave is ever desecrated by animal feces!

Tempest in a teapot.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:44 PM   #207
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
I honestly don't think that I would be offended if it was my family members grave that it happened to. Unless the person purposely brought the dog to that spot to defecate, then I don't see maliciousness that others are seeing.

I still don't think she should be bringing a dog through there, but it's hardly worth getting angry about.

The whole notion that she "allowed" her dog to this is crazy. No one "allows" a dog to poop. Was she supposed to poke it back up? The only issue here is that she broke a bylaw by having the dog there in the first place. It should have been reported to the proper authority and then the witness should have moved on with their life. Unless he /she sees her there all the time with the dog and reporting it hasn't helped, I see no reason to escalate the punishment to a grass roots level.
I have been wanting to say this for a while but have bit my tongue.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:47 PM   #208
Mean Mr. Mustard
Franchise Player

Exp:

Why is it that people tend to care more about preserving the dignity of the dead than that of the living. I don't see any threads being created that look at actual injustices that occur to people who aren't dead, instead there is just faux-outrage of preserving the dignity of some random dead person's family.

At the end of the day the people in the ground are not going to know the difference and the families of the dead are also going to be unaware of what happened, in fact the only way that the family members would know the difference is if someone took a picture and distributed it around the internet or in the unlikely scenario that they were walking by at the time. There was no damage to the grave it was just a little bit of dog poop.

Also what difference does the on-leash vs. off-leash make, is it just semantics and a potentially awful argument that the dog only defecated because it wasn't on a leash.

Last edited by Mean Mr. Mustard; 02-21-2014 at 12:50 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mean Mr. Mustard For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2014, 12:50 PM   #209
jayswin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Mr. Mustard View Post
Why is it that people tend to care more about preserving the dignity of the dead than that of the living. I don't see any threads being created that look at actual injustices that occur to people who aren't dead, instead there is just faux-outrage of preserving the dignity of some random dead person's family.

At the end of the day the people in the ground are not going to know the difference and the families of the dead are also going to be unaware of what happened, in fact the only way that the family members would know the difference is if someone took a picture and distributed it around the internet or in the unlikely scenario that they were walking by at the time. There was no damage to the grave it was just a little bit of dog poop.
No, she's just the worst, and on top of the initial public shaming, we should get that creepy picture taking guy to follow her around even more, maybe we can get her doing other minor things wrong, and plaster it all over the internet.
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2014, 12:55 PM   #210
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Also what difference does the on-leash vs. off-leash make, is it just semantics and a potentially awful argument that the dog only defecated because it wasn't on a leash.
This deserves highlighting.

It's definitely a case where the families would be better off not knowing.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:55 PM   #211
Mean Mr. Mustard
Franchise Player

Exp:

I bet that sometimes she doesn't pay for transit tickets, jaywalks, and samples of out the bulk bins at a grocery store. Truly a sign that she is the scum of society as evidenced by incredibly minor wrongdoings.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mean Mr. Mustard For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2014, 01:03 PM   #212
jayswin

Exp:

Quote:
I bet that sometimes she doesn't pay for transit tickets, jaywalks, and samples of out the bulk bins at a grocery store. Truly a sign that she is the scum of society as evidenced by incredibly minor wrongdoings.
She's probably doing one of these things right now, and it's going un-photographed.

Hey Regulator75, maybe you and your buddy can form a team that goes around public areas, hiding behind trees and photographing people. We could catch some serious, minor infractions that way.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2014, 01:29 PM   #213
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

What ever happened to don't sweat the small stuff?
The Following User Says Thank You to Hockeyguy15 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2014, 01:39 PM   #214
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameswin View Post
She's probably doing one of these things right now, and it's going un-photographed.

Hey Regulator75, maybe you and your buddy can form a team that goes around public areas, hiding behind trees and photographing people. We could catch some serious, minor infractions that way.
In all seriousness, this just points out how we live in the world of big brother. And also oversensitive ######ed lurking behind trees in a cemetery brother. The smallest thing you do now, can potentially ruin your life, because some idiot on a website, says it's so.

What the OP's friend said may very well be true, but it may be patently false as well. With all the mouth breathers out there that believe every single thing they read on the internet, this could become a dangerous game.

I'll give an example. A few weeks ago I was standing in our parking lot of our dealership with an ex girlfriend of mine from over a decade ago I getting along with very well. We were goofing around and giving each other the gears, and she was owning me pretty hard. At the end of the conversation I gave her the middle finger 2 inches from her face because it was something she always used to do when she got super pissed at me, and it became our little in-joke about her over reactions. I walk back in the dealership, and one of the sales guys asked me "Holy crap, What the hell happened there?" thinking it was a customer.

If someone took a photo of that, and posted it online with a tagline "Local dealership finance manager flips off female customer." It could ruin my career, and render me unemployable. Even if it was explainable. Nobody cares about the misunderstanding part, all they care about is the heat of the moment drama.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:46 PM   #215
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
What ever happened to don't sweat the small stuff?

Did you see the size of that dump?
The Following User Says Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2014, 01:55 PM   #216
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

I think that's more an indication of the problem with people not caring about a misunderstanding and only caring about the heat of the moment (lol which is probably as good a description of this forum as exists) than a problem about a photograph of someone doing something in a public place.

What she did was, to whatever degree one feels, shameful. If others would have been present to witness it, they would have disapproved to one degree or another (that's what shame is).

If someone who is walking by and views the act overreacts and beats her up because they walked by when she did this, or follows her around screaming and berating her, or calls her boss to get her fired (or if it's her boss that sees her and fires her as a result), then the problem there isn't that she was viewed doing what she did, she was in public and can reasonably expect to be seen. The problem is the disproportionate response by those who viewed it, beating her up, firing her, following her and berating her are disproportionate responses.

The only difference here is that someone happened to take a picture increasing the number of people that viewed the incident. To me that isn't any different than more people walking down the street to view the incident, if people overreact then the fault is with the overreactors.

If I knew her I'd laugh at her and tell her to stop being dumb and follow the signs, but I wouldn't think less of her, it wouldn't ruin our friendship, everyone's done dumb shameworthy things of this level before, and many of us have done them in public in view of others.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2014, 02:00 PM   #217
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
If I knew her I'd laugh at her and tell her to stop being dumb and follow the signs, but I wouldn't think less of her, it wouldn't ruin our friendship, everyone's done dumb shameworthy things of this level before, and many of us have done them in public in view of others.
But that's just you. There are numerous people in this thread calling for public shaming. One even condoned 'lynching' her. (I do not think that word means, what they think it means.)

So if some psycho, on this site, or facebook took such exception to this that he did track her down, or wait for her to return to the park, and beat or kill her for this, then what? Does the OP shrug his shoulders and say "Shoulda poked the poop back in." It was my right to shame her.
Old 02-21-2014, 02:01 PM   #218
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

While I still think that what that lady was doing was wrong. Here's probably what was happening right around there that they should have photographed instead

Old 02-21-2014, 02:10 PM   #219
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

If you were photographed crapping at a pet cemetery, you would be public enemy #1.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2014, 02:17 PM   #220
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Quote:
But that's just you. There are numerous people in this thread calling for public shaming. One even condoned 'lynching' her. (I do not think that word means, what they think it means.)
Well potential hyperbole aside, public shaming is the appropriate response (because that's what shame means). We're ashamed of actions because of how those actions are viewed in the context of society, or how they impact society, etc. The only difference (worst case) between the day before this picture and the day this picture was taken is the number of people who viewed the action.

Quote:
So if some psycho, on this site, or facebook took such exception to this that he did track her down, or wait for her to return to the park, and beat or kill her for this, then what?
Then he goes to jail. The problem isn't that she was viewed doing something shameful in public (because the psycho might have been walking by and saw her, no Internet photo required), the problem was the disproportionate response.

Quote:
Does the OP shrug his shoulders and say "Shoulda poked the poop back in." It was my right to shame her.
Poking the poop back in is just an overly emotional description to try and reduce her responsibility. She was taking the dog out for a bathroom break in a place not appropriate for that purpose, if she wanted to avoid the poop there she doesn't have to poke it back in, she just doesn't take the dog where she did.

If I do something shameful in public, then people are going to say "shame on you", it's not a "right", it's a tautology.
The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
"i crap on your grave" , ignorant , really?