Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2022, 06:40 PM   #621
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Looking like prime weather for kickoff Sunday. 22 and sunny. 100% chance of points.

shermanator is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2022, 06:54 PM   #622
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Following User Says Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2022, 08:15 PM   #623
Redliner
Franchise Player

Exp:

"He (Simmons) nicks more balls than a Gilette razor".

Classic!
"There will be a short outage tonight sometime between 11:00PM and 1:00AM as network upgrades are performed. Please do not panic and overthrow society. Thank you."
Redliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 01:15 AM   #624
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

As someone who's been out of the loop - how cheap are tickets, and is it a good way to spend an afternoon? Thinking of getting out to my first Cavalry game on Sunday.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 01:20 AM   #625
jayswin

Exp:

Oh didn't realize they're on ticketmaster. Looks like mostly $50-$60 a ticket for decent seats, wow. Unfortunately won't make it out for those prices right now, on a bit of a budget with every cost in the entire universe kicking everyone in the *** right now.

Is there secondary sellers where you can snag some cheaper tickets on gamely?
Old 06-24-2022, 06:15 AM   #626
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Oh didn't realize they're on ticketmaster. Looks like mostly $50-$60 a ticket for decent seats, wow. Unfortunately won't make it out for those prices right now, on a bit of a budget with every cost in the entire universe kicking everyone in the *** right now.

I sell my season tickets regularly, but I have one seat in the supporters section. $25 a pop. Most people don't even sit in their assigned seats anyways over there, but if you might have to participate in the chanting, drums, flag waving, and smoke bombs
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 06:40 AM   #627
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

We've got a ticket exchange thread in our FB group for people to buy / sell tickets, but there's nothing up right now. Usually there are a few tickets for good prices there, although most of them are in the supporters section.

There are a couple seats in section 108, first row up on Ticketmaster for $31 a piece. That's probably your best bet.

Old 06-24-2022, 07:58 AM   #628
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

There's no tickets available in the 200's? Those, or on the grass on the north side, would be the cheapest tickets available - and there should be some available, no?
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 08:36 AM   #629
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Derek Martin who is part of the ownership group of Halifax mentioned that there should be good news around FC Edmonton's ownership to be announced in the next month or two. Skip to the 28 minute mark.

I love to rip on Edmonton but having Edmonton in CPL and stable only benefits Cavalry and the league as a whole.

https://www.podbean.com/ew/pb-qz7v8-125ab8e

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2022, 08:58 AM   #630
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

I want Edmonton to have a stable team. The city deserves it, and the Battle of Alberta does too.

Crossing fingers for Victor Cui to take ownership of the team. That would be the best news possible (outside of a European club owning it).
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 10:46 AM   #631
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Found you some tickets in 107 for $15 a piece. DM me if you want them I'll get you in touch with the guy...

Old 06-24-2022, 03:23 PM   #632
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermanator View Post
Found you some tickets in 107 for $15 a piece. DM me if you want them I'll get you in touch with the guy...
Dooo it. At that price, you definitely won't regret it. It looks like the weather will be perfect. Come a bit early and soak it all in because there's music, food, and even just walking around is quite nice. It is a strange but great setting for a soccer game and it really is a unique and enjoyable "day out".

Ticket prices in the main stand are still a bit pricey, and the club will eventually learn than a cheaper ticket means more bums in the seats, and that an empty seat won't buy any beer, sausages, or merch. I firmly believe that they'd make MORE money by reducing ticket prices. But this horse has been beaten and is very dead at this point.

But until then, the 200s are good value if you can get 'em, and down on the end in 108 and 109 are not bad seats and are still close to the fun corner. Close enough to the Foot Soldiers to see and hear them well, and still a decent view of the pitch.
Jimmy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmy Stang For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2022, 03:37 PM   #633
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Looks like there's also a Big Rock promotion where you get a ticket and beer for $30. Which is cheaper than my "cheapest ticket in the stadium" and a beer.

Back two rows of sections 104-106.

Last edited by shermanator; 06-24-2022 at 03:56 PM.
Old 06-24-2022, 04:19 PM   #634
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Looks like there's also a Big Rock promotion where you get a ticket and beer for $30. Which is cheaper than my "cheapest ticket in the stadium" and a beer.

Back two rows of sections 104-106.
Link to promotion?
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 04:53 PM   #635
Swift
Not Taylor

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Stang View Post
Ticket prices in the main stand are still a bit pricey, and the club will eventually learn than a cheaper ticket means more bums in the seats, and that an empty seat won't buy any beer, sausages, or merch. I firmly believe that they'd make MORE money by reducing ticket prices. But this horse has been beaten and is very dead at this point.
100% this. I've been enjoying our season tickets this year. As you say, it's a fun day out, but the way things are heading with increasing life costs, I don't know if I can justify it next season.
Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 06:50 PM   #636
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
Link to promotion?
No code or anything needed. Just the regular price on Ticketmaster.

Old 06-24-2022, 07:00 PM   #637
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Stang View Post
They are still too high, yes. But they also have come down considerably since that first year. IIRC some of the sections had season ticket prices cut almost in half. I think if you were to get ticket prices down another $10 a ticket everywhere in the stadium that would be the right fit.

Having said that, I think that the damage of high ticket prices has already been done. Cavalry missed out on a lot of initial support by pricing things the way they did in 2018, and it's been a lot of work to attract new fans and increase the season ticket base since. It's not a simple situation where you can just cut ticket prices in half and suddenly get double the people to games.

They are the only club to get more people to games this year than 2019 though, so IMO they're still trending the right way.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2022, 08:04 PM   #638
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

Excited for the game tomorrow! Should be a fun one.
agulati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 08:14 PM   #639
jayswin

Exp:

Quote:
They are still too high, yes. But they also have come down considerably since that first year. IIRC some of the sections had season ticket prices cut almost in half. I think if you were to get ticket prices down another $10 a ticket everywhere in the stadium that would be the right fit.

Having said that, I think that the damage of high ticket prices has already been done. Cavalry missed out on a lot of initial support by pricing things the way they did in 2018, and it's been a lot of work to attract new fans and increase the season ticket base since. It's not a simple situation where you can just cut ticket prices in half and suddenly get double the people to games.

They are the only club to get more people to games this year than 2019 though, so IMO they're still trending the right way.
They'd probably have to spend decent money on an ad campaign coinciding with the ticket price drops or else nobody's going to know. As you said, they lost out on a lot of people on the initial season, and those people aren't randomly checking ticket prices every so often to see if they've gone down.
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2022, 12:32 PM   #640
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1541116209986297857

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:

Tags
cavalry , cpl , eff the forge , fc edmonton is no good