Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Event Forums > COVID-19 Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2021, 08:44 PM   #10741
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thrilled to report that this script allowed me to book my parents for their shots 1/2 hour apart at 11am tomorrow morning!!! (rural AB) They are in later 80's and are super excited, as am I!
Thanks again to everyone here who does what they do. CP is always my go to source.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to EldrickOnIce For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2021, 08:55 PM   #10742
opendoor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldrickOnIce View Post
Thrilled to report that this script allowed me to book my parents for their shots 1/2 hour apart at 11am tomorrow morning!!! (rural AB) They are in later 80's and are super excited, as am I!
Thanks again to everyone here who does what they do. CP is always my go to source.
That's awesome! It's great hearing about peoples' parents and relatives getting appointments so soon; it definitely makes the progress feel more tangible.
The Following User Says Thank You to opendoor For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2021, 08:58 PM   #10743
Flames0910
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Seriously?
/green text, I think
The Following User Says Thank You to Flames0910 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2021, 09:36 PM   #10744
Jiri Hrdina

Exp:

Well now it is showing no more available slots for all of March in Calgary.
F*********************************
Old 02-24-2021, 09:45 PM   #10745
chedder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
Wonder if it has to do with Shandro announcing pharmacies will start administering shots on March 1st?
Old 02-24-2021, 09:47 PM   #10746
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Seriously?
I mean with this government, I don't think that has to have green text intention.
Old 02-24-2021, 10:03 PM   #10747
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendoor View Post
That's awesome! It's great hearing about peoples' parents and relatives getting appointments so soon; it definitely makes the progress feel more tangible.
It does. Also drives home that they are not so far behind as some of us were complaining they were...

Last edited by EldrickOnIce; 02-24-2021 at 10:17 PM.
Old 02-24-2021, 10:38 PM   #10748
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Time for a temporary address change.
Old 02-24-2021, 10:58 PM   #10749
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torture View Post
https://twitter.com/user/status/1364637088038092802

There will be no live update today. Or the next day. Or the day after that. Or the day after that. Or the day after that.

Because...reasons.
So, does this mean no new easing on March 1st?
Old 02-24-2021, 11:05 PM   #10750
comrade
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
That's not really the way it works. You don't get to go back and have your last year of high school or your first year of university again.
Not the things I bolded. You should look again.

Even last year of high school or first year of university aren't the end of the world.
Old 02-24-2021, 11:13 PM   #10751
Dan02
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
So, does this mean no new easing on March 1st?

Given that it appears cases are rising again I doubt we'll see further easing at all unless there is a reversal in the trend. A week ago the 7 day rolling average was 292, today it's 345.

Grossly oversimplying, it increased 1.18 times week over week. At that rate of growth we'll be back around 1000 cases a day in 6 weeks or so.
Old 02-24-2021, 11:23 PM   #10752
opendoor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
That sucks, hopefully they open more up. Another option (though a bit of a PITA) is to look at pharmacies. Here's a list of Calgary ones:

https://www.ab.bluecross.ca/news/cov...p#pharmacy-box

Doesn't look like there's any way to book through them online just yet, but the Co-op ones at least say you can contact them to find out when they're taking appointments. And Superstore says to call in as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to opendoor For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2021, 11:32 PM   #10753
Jiri Hrdina

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendoor View Post
That sucks, hopefully they open more up. Another option (though a bit of a PITA) is to look at pharmacies. Here's a list of Calgary ones:

https://www.ab.bluecross.ca/news/cov...p#pharmacy-box

Doesn't look like there's any way to book through them online just yet, but the Co-op ones at least say you can contact them to find out when they're taking appointments. And Superstore says to call in as well.
Yeah we are working both angles. Both my parents have high risk profiles. I was hoping I could get them booked today to grant them some peace of mind.
We are hoping for a call back from their pharmacy tomorrow.
Old 02-24-2021, 11:44 PM   #10754
looooob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah we are working both angles. Both my parents have high risk profiles. I was hoping I could get them booked today to grant them some peace of mind.
We are hoping for a call back from their pharmacy tomorrow.
I guess I was lucky enough to book today , so I haven't looked into things tonight- not sure it's quite so dire though?
a family friend was on very early this morning (not sure how they got through) but anyways they tried to book the latest date possible which was March 6 (and that didn't work for them- long story). in other words at best I think there was only a 10 day booking window being offered today- so not sure no appointments in March means quite that?

my parents did get their name added to some sort of list at a coop pharmacy on McLeod trail last night- but it definitely sounded pretty vague, so am glad we were able to book something more solid

good luck- to everyone!
The Following User Says Thank You to looooob For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2021, 11:48 PM   #10755
opendoor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, AHS says 55K people in the 75+ group have booked appointments, and given the volume of doses coming in March (probably about 400K total to Alberta) you'd have to think there'd still be lots of room. So it may be a case of them only opening up a week or so of appointments at a time.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to opendoor For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2021, 11:56 PM   #10756
D as in David
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Seriously?
A poorly executed call-back on my part to the tracking app mess.
The Following User Says Thank You to D as in David For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2021, 01:01 AM   #10757
#-3
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoLevi View Post
Too expensive.

They just needed to start oldest first, open a new year for booking every day.
I always hate to agree with Bo, but. This is 100% correct, 4 weeks from now, they should add '47s on Monday, '48s on Wednesday, '49s on Friday.... and keep going with ~3 new birth years /week.

If people don't get in on their first day there are still future days. It keeps the vaccine program in the news full time, every day second topic on 5pm news "Any born before 19xx, you can book your appointment tomorrow". which will probably help with participation rates. Eases demand surges..

If there is a big worry about targeting, maybe reserve 10% of the vaccines to be more targeted, and administer the scheduling of those with a completely different system.
The Following User Says Thank You to #-3 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2021, 01:02 AM   #10758
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Finally got through on 811 at 11:45pm and am still on hold. Keep getting a message to hold on and don't hang up. Hopefully I can get it done tonight for mother,
Old 02-25-2021, 01:22 AM   #10759
#-3
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by comrade View Post
Except they didn't miss them. They'll just be a year or so later. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. Your romanticizing of drunken escapades is a little over the top.
Worst take ever.

We should remember everything we are taking away from these teenagers is done for the benefit of other people. On a statistical level, this virus isn't hurting them it is hurting others. They won't get the half year of education back, they wont get the missed grads, or sports events back this things are fleeting and even if you try to replicate them it is not the same experience.

You will see ripple effects for years to come, pro sports players 16-25 years old right now, will probably have much longer than normal careers because of lack of competition coming up behind them. Mature college enrollment might displace some youth enrollment because junior and high school students today will leave school less prepared. These kids are probably going to be entering a work force facing simultaneous inflation and stagnant employment numbers, that will make their prospects of supporting themselves even worse that those that millennials face over the past 13 years.

All of this to protect other people, it doesn't take away from the experience of others, but we shouldn't minimize these effects, and we should remember the service that our teenagers are being force to provide for our parents.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to #-3 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2021, 01:23 AM   #10760
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Tried the booking tool and got through. Mother goes to Nanton to get her vaccinations, first week in March and the second in the second week of April. It's close to High River and that's great.

Glad to get that over with. Now mother can sleep better at night.