Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2023, 05:26 PM   #1
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default 2023 NFL Season Thread

Can probably start this up now that we're into the preseason. Jordan Love has looked sharp on the first two drives I've watched today.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2023, 05:56 PM   #2
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Holy crap. On a 3rd and 16, Rourke just did a Flutie against the Cowboys!
Old 08-12-2023, 07:27 PM   #3
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1690521778089598977
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2023, 09:22 PM   #4
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Haha stupid Cowboys
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2023, 09:29 PM   #5
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Can probably start this up now that we're into the preseason. Jordan Love has looked sharp on the first two drives I've watched today.

Outside the 2 INT, Clifford looked good too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Luder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2023, 07:42 PM   #6
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
NFL free agent Robert Quinn was arrested Friday on hit-and-run and assault charges after police say he rammed a pickup truck into four vehicles and smacked a woman across the face before fleeing a residential neighborhood.

Summerville, South Carolina, police took Quinn, 33, into custody and booked him into the Dorchester County jail. Quinn, currently a free agent, has played for multiple NFL teams including the Rams, Miami Dolphins, Dallas Cowboys, Chicago Bears, and Philadelphia Eagles. He has 102 career sacks.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ssault-charges
Old 08-19-2023, 06:22 PM   #7
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
New Orleans Saints tight end Jimmy Graham was arrested in Newport Beach, California, on Friday night on suspicion of being under the influence of narcotics and obstructing a police officer, according to police.

The Saints said team doctors believe Graham, 36, had a seizure that resulted in him becoming disoriented. Graham was found wandering in traffic, according to TMZ, when police responded at 7:39 p.m.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...d-jimmy-graham
Old 08-23-2023, 01:03 PM   #8
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Trey Lance has lost the 49ers backup spot to Sam Darnold. Have to wonder if there's a trade market for him at this point.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1694420004827988058

really shaping up to be an all-time draft with Wilson at 2 and Lance at 3 ... have to wonder what the 49ers could have done with all those draft picks they traded to get him.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2023, 01:08 PM   #9
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

With Russ still looking like crap I could see the Broncos taking a flier. But ain't no one offering more than a 5th I would guess.
Old 08-23-2023, 01:42 PM   #10
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
With Russ still looking like crap I could see the Broncos taking a flier. But ain't no one offering more than a 5th I would guess.
Is Russ still looking like crap? I'd read that he's lost weight and has looked sharp in TC and his limited preseason action.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2023, 02:09 PM   #11
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is this on the Niners they traded all those picks to trade up to take him and didn't properly develop him and now have him as QB3 with Sam Darnold as your backup.

They also traded up and had a lot of time to scout and get the pick right it wasn't like it was a draft day move either.
Paulie Walnuts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2023, 02:12 PM   #12
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

When you consider what the 49ers gave up, Lance could end up being the all-time biggest draft bust. It's one thing to blow a 1st overall for say JaMarcus Russell or Ryan Leaf but to blow three 1st round picks on a bust QB is much more damaging.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2023, 02:30 PM   #13
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
When you consider what the 49ers gave up, Lance could end up being the all-time biggest draft bust. It's one thing to blow a 1st overall for say JaMarcus Russell or Ryan Leaf but to blow three 1st round picks on a bust QB is much more damaging.
Not sure about that, they have one of the best rosters in the league and the ability to part with the capital.

They fumbled the Jimmy G situation and not developing Lance is the biggest issue here. They could have recouped some picks for Jimmy.
Old 08-23-2023, 02:40 PM   #14
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
Not sure about that, they have one of the best rosters in the league and the ability to part with the capital.

They fumbled the Jimmy G situation and not developing Lance is the biggest issue here. They could have recouped some picks for Jimmy.
that's the thing. Hindsight and all, but imagine they keep those picks and just add to their roster. They're so well-built all around, they really didn't need to blow all those picks on a raw boom-or-bust QB. I know it's a QB driven league, but heck, a 7th rounder is currently running their offense.
Old 08-23-2023, 05:24 PM   #15
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Is Russ still looking like crap? I'd read that he's lost weight and has looked sharp in TC and his limited preseason action.
He’s looked…fine. Middle of the road 15-20th QB if Denver’s lucky type fine. Hard to get a good read on it because Sean Payton has restricted local media access and their “insiderrrrs” no longer exist so they’ve gone full scorned ex and are actively hoping for and waiting for the team to fail
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2023, 06:18 PM   #16
Spurs
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Talk about Kyle wanting Mac Jones but Lynch and the scouting staff wanting Lance. Now Mac hasn't lit the world on fire but in Shannahans system you would think that he at worst an ok starting QB, at best maybe the 10th best starter.

A much better situation than they are now waiting for the Purdy bubble to burst early this season and turning to Darnold to do the bare minimum not to screw everything up.
Spurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2023, 01:59 AM   #17
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

I know it's only preseason, but Steelers are looking really good and have me excited for the season. Khan and Weidl have done a great job with the roster ... Pickett looks good too. I've been very skeptical about him, but I fully expect him to feed me crow.
Old 08-25-2023, 12:37 PM   #18
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

LOL...

Kevin Hart is recovering in a wheelchair after he tore multiple muscles in a foot race against a former New England Patriots player, the comedian announced Wednesday.

https://www.boston25news.com/news/lo...A7QH7ITURQZ7Q/
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cheese For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2023, 12:55 PM   #19
DropIt
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurs View Post
Talk about Kyle wanting Mac Jones but Lynch and the scouting staff wanting Lance. Now Mac hasn't lit the world on fire but in Shannahans system you would think that he at worst an ok starting QB, at best maybe the 10th best starter.

A much better situation than they are now waiting for the Purdy bubble to burst early this season and turning to Darnold to do the bare minimum not to screw everything up.
I dont see it with Jones. I dont think anyones gameplan could develop him into anything more than what he currently is.

Still dont understand how Lance went where he did. North Dakota State is such a lowly football division, and to miss so much time to covid on top of that.
DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2023, 02:41 PM   #20
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

In hindsight they should have just stuck it out with Jimmy I know he has a injury history, but its a running scheme and he did it well. QB was not a pressing need and they went to a Super Bowl with him.

And Mac Jones sucks as well, Bill doesn't even want him it seems. I think he will be replaced shortly as well.