Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2017, 02:24 PM   #621
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

The Delta super was either lying or just didn't know but her "any child under 2 yrs can not be in a car seat is utter bs. It is highly recommended that kids are in the car seat and not in laps.

This is what bugs me the most. And that the father volunteered afterwards to have the child sit on their lap, and they still kicked them off.
csnarpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 02:28 PM   #622
Rubicant
First Line Centre

Exp:

I was confused about the part where the delta person said the faa would not allow the child to sit in a car seat but had to be in the parents lap the whole time. That's clearly not true, but my assumption is that there was no seat (obviously) to attach the car seat to, so you can't just put a car seat on the floor somewhere and put the kid in it and that's what she meant.

The family was mistaken (although I totally get their frustration in thinking you already had a seat paid for, only to have it given away) in that you don't lock that seat down unless the person checked into the seat actually shows up at the gate. It's a bummer, but I don't fault the airline for giving the seat to someone on standby at that point.

Where I think the airline really fell down here was in forcing the family off rather than letting the toddler (assuming they're under 2) ride in a lap. They would hold the plane up even longer getting the luggage off, and it's a sure fire way to piss that family off for life (and creates negative press).

As an aside, I have been screwed over flying causing me to miss flights with and without young children. It's an annoying inconvenience when you are travelling alone, it's 1000x worse with young children.

Last edited by Rubicant; 05-05-2017 at 02:32 PM.
Rubicant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 09:45 PM   #623
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought most people knew that seats weren't transferable. That is why your name is on your ticket and you have to show your ID before boarding. The minute their other child, to whom the ticket/seat was assigned, did not board; that seat was deemed available.

Last edited by FlamesAddiction; 05-06-2017 at 09:01 AM.
FlamesAddiction is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 07:57 AM   #624
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
I thought most people knew that seats weren't transferable. That is why your name is on your ticket and you have to show your name ID boarding. The minute their other child, to whom the ticket/seat was assigned, did not board; that seat was deemed available.
But...but...all one has to do these days to avoid playing by the rules is film (part of) the encounter that makes whoever is not letting them do what they want look the worst, put it online, and let the internet mobs run rampant over them!
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2018, 12:49 PM   #625
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
A former Chicago aviation security officer who was fired after dragging a man off a flight last year has filed a lawsuit against the airline and city.

James Long is suing Chicago's Department of Aviation (CDA), its commissioner and the city, alleging he was not trained on how to use force.

He was sacked after removing David Dao from the plane last April to make room for United Airlines employees...

..According to the complaint, filed in Cook County Circuit Court on Tuesday, Mr Long claims the airline should have been aware that calling security would result in "the use of physical force". He also alleges that although he completed five months of a police recruit training programme, the department did not provide training on the "level of force continuum", according to the Chicago Tribune newspaper. "But for the CDA's negligence and failure to train [Long] how to respond to an escalating situation with an Airline Passenger, [he] would not have acted in the manner he did, which resulted in his termination," the complaint says, according to newspaper.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43734466

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 01:52 PM   #626
sketchyt
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagor View Post
The officer should also sue his parents for not training him in common logic and reasoning when he was a child.
sketchyt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sketchyt For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2018, 06:44 PM   #627
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by llwhiteoutll View Post
. When you deal with one, you're asking permission to enter a country you don't have a right to enter.
When I, as a Canadian Citizen, interact with Canadian border security I am exercising my right to enter Canada. A right that is constitutionally guaranteed to me by the Canadian Constitution. (Charter of Rights and Freedoms, Article 6)
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote