Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2014, 12:56 AM   #61
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

I absolutely hate this national (read: Central and Eastern Canadian) obsession with Crosby. The guy is a great player, but he is a whiny turd and gets entirely too much attention. Then TSN compounds the problem by given him his own damn segment practically each and every night (either followed by or leading up to lengthy Leafs highlights, with everyone else coming afterwards as second fiddle). This guy gets more coverage and panel talk (not to mention horribly inane tweets from Lebrun and TSN talking heads) when he's freakin' injured. Sport Chek should stop promoting his tiresome mug in Western Canada too, all over their stores.

Go to hell, you #######. And take the Penguins with you. I hate them and their fans too.

Last edited by Ozy_Flame; 05-26-2014 at 12:59 AM.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2014, 06:25 AM   #62
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Only one mention of Esa Tikkanen? For shame all of you elder Flames fans. That guy was the most agitating player I've ever seen.

Also hated Glenn Anderson. Really can't stand that guy.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2014, 09:20 AM   #63
Rick M.
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Ken Linseman, "The Rat", deserves a place on this list for sneaky dirty hits and turning turtle when players wanted to fight with him over them.
Rick M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 09:21 AM   #64
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenHouston View Post
Grunge against Cliff F for trading Hull. You could of got Ramage and Wamsley for draft picks and something else. Then whoever was the GM (Coates?) that let St.Louis walk for nothing. Two hall of famers that could of changed the direction of this franchise thru the 90's and up till today.
Cliff Fletcher was a great GM. He got us Joey Mullen and Doug Gilmour from the same Blues team for next to nothing. Cliff said at the time he knew he was giving up a future 50 goal scorer in Hull but also felt that Ramage and Walmsley were the missing pieces that would help get us the Cup.
Old 05-26-2014, 09:40 AM   #65
Rick M.
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Ramage left for the Leafs the next season and Wamsley never posted a Pct of higher than .888 for the Flames. We might have won more than 1 cup if we had kept Hull.
Old 05-26-2014, 09:53 AM   #66
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yen Man View Post
Glenn Healy. I don't normally wish for anyone to lose their job, but I'm really hoping Sportsnet does the right thing and not hire this clown. The guy is a twit, and he knows jack about actual hockey.
How he has manage to keep his job for over a decade is beyond me. Guy adds nothing to the telecasts. There has to be better people available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
Mike Ribiero. I hate that little rat faced puke!
Ugh, every time Flames play against him he finds ways to burn us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
I absolutely hate this national (read: Central and Eastern Canadian) obsession with Crosby. The guy is a great player, but he is a whiny turd and gets entirely too much attention. Then TSN compounds the problem by given him his own damn segment practically each and every night (either followed by or leading up to lengthy Leafs highlights, with everyone else coming afterwards as second fiddle). This guy gets more coverage and panel talk (not to mention horribly inane tweets from Lebrun and TSN talking heads) when he's freakin' injured. Sport Chek should stop promoting his tiresome mug in Western Canada too, all over their stores.

Go to hell, you #######. And take the Penguins with you. I hate them and their fans too.
Granted Crosby is the top player in the game (at least during season), so he should get more attention then any other player, but the obscene amount of reports on information of no substance is a bit much. I do find many of the Penguins 'supporters' outside Pittsburgh annoying though, since many of them are simply bandwagoners because of Crosby. They didn't care for the Penguins one bit until recently. If he wasn't on that team anymore in the future for some reason, those fans wouldn't give attention to the Penguins at all.
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 10:06 AM   #67
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not hockey related but I cannot stand Glen Suitor, he is just a horrible announcer.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 10:27 AM   #68
Howie_16
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

For me, it is people that have lived in Calgary for 5 or more years, and have no intention of ever moving away from Calgary, that still refuse to cheer for the Flames and Stampeders.
Howie_16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 10:37 AM   #69
_Q_
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie_16 View Post
For me, it is people that have lived in Calgary for 5 or more years, and have no intention of ever moving away from Calgary, that still refuse to cheer for the Flames and Stampeders.
So it you got a sweet job in Vancouver would you become a Canucks fan?
_Q_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 10:41 AM   #70
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick M. View Post
Ramage left for the Leafs the next season and Wamsley never posted a Pct of higher than .888 for the Flames. We might have won more than 1 cup if we had kept Hull.
Gary Suter only played 5 games in the playoffs due to an injury. Ramage filled in quite nicely with 12 points. Had we not had Ramage we may not have won the Cup.
Old 05-26-2014, 11:03 AM   #71
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hate the Canucks. Not because they're our competitors, but their attitude.

I hate their fans, I hate the green men (I feel like their fans + green men hazing the other players is not necessary and disrespectful of other teams) The Vancouver media giving them screen time was even more frustrating.
I hate that annoying warble of their horn. It sounds like a battery is running low.
I hate their dirty plays, whiny players and bull####.

I hate them overall just as much as I hate Phil Kessel and Van Riemsdyk. IIRC, both make #### comments about Canada even though they play for the leafs.

Honestly speaking, I hate players who can't respect opposing teams. I hate fan bases who unnecessarily boo their own players/team. Respect your own team and respect the game being played. I hate unnecessary booing. Booing a player who made a hit on your team (clean or not) or when you're down in a game by a few (to show frustration) is fine IMO, but booing just because they're the opposition (before the game starts or early 1st period) is annoying.

I hate watching games for which the whole stadium is booing for like 10 minutes at a time. It's distracting (Yeah, yeah, I know that's the point, but still).

Last edited by DoubleF; 05-26-2014 at 11:05 AM.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 11:05 AM   #72
Atlantica
Backup Goalie

Exp:
Default Senators

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOGUN View Post
Ottawa Senators. I can't stand watching them play... they're just annoying but I don't know why.
I know why:

1) Stupid centurion logo, third jersey with a big fat "0" - might as well have Loser in the middle of it.

2) Unlikable players: Some of their players past and present bug me for some reason: Spezza, Neil, Alfreddson, Yashin, Phillips, Redden and I could go on...

3) Ottawa is filled with a bunch of elitist tax grabbing bureaucrats

4) A coach that looks like a cross between a walrus and the buggles guy from trailer park boys

5) Likeable players - anyone? On most teams (except maybe Van and Edm.) I can think of at least one player I like - Ottawa? meh....
Atlantica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 11:10 AM   #73
Rick M.
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
Gary Suter only played 5 games in the playoffs due to an injury. Ramage filled in quite nicely with 12 points. Had we not had Ramage we may not have won the Cup.
You might be right. Had we kept Hull we would have won several.
Old 05-26-2014, 11:15 AM   #74
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantica View Post
I know why:

1) Stupid centurion logo, third jersey with a big fat "0" - might as well have Loser in the middle of it.

2) Unlikable players: Some of their players past and present bug me for some reason: Spezza, Neil, Alfreddson, Yashin, Phillips, Redden and I could go on...

3) Ottawa is filled with a bunch of elitist tax grabbing bureaucrats

4) A coach that looks like a cross between a walrus and the buggles guy from trailer park boys

5) Likeable players - anyone? On most teams (except maybe Van and Edm.) I can think of at least one player I like - Ottawa? meh....
Phillips and Redden are unlikeable?
habernac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 11:20 AM   #75
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantica View Post
I know why:

I always thought it was a rip-off of the opera browser logo.
http://www.opera.com

I don't mind the Centurion logo, but having a picture of Pamela Wallin on their Jersey might actually keep it from being boring. If I was an opposing player, I would be distracted for sure.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 11:25 AM   #76
CalgaryFan1988
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick M. View Post
You might be right. Had we kept Hull we would have won several.
The only thing we know for sure is that with Ramage they won a cup. Nobody, including yourself, knows anything beyond that.
CalgaryFan1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CalgaryFan1988 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2014, 11:32 AM   #77
ThaJoker
Draft Pick

Ryan Smyth.

Everything he did pissed me off. Whether it was screening goalies by sticking his huge ass in their face or throwing up cheap shots to only help the Oilers beat the Flames. But I'll tell you what, I had a smile on my face the entire time he let those crocodile tears fall from his eyes when he got traded the the Islanders
ThaJoker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ThaJoker For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2014, 11:42 AM   #78
Barnet Flame
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackercowe View Post
That is quite literally the stupidest thing I've read today. Now granted "today" is only seven minutes old, but your gripe is idiotic.

I've hated the Oilers for as long as I can remember. Steve Smith was my favorite player until I was like 12 (wore #5 in minor hockey), only because of '86. I am not some clueless dope who's only going to switch my allegiances because of where I grew up. Sorry, but that type of person is not what I would consider to be a true sports fan.

Sincerely, Flames fan in Edmonton
I don't believe he is advocating you switch allegiances every time you moved to a different town.

Anyway, my grudge right now is with Ference. I didn't want it to come to this, he was a hero of 04 and one of the best moments when the Bruins won the Cup in Vancouver was when he referred to our run in the immediate aftermath.

But I can't get over that d'bag attack on Stempniak.
Barnet Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 12:05 PM   #79
theg69
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie_16 View Post
That is absolutely ######ed. I was born and raised in Calgary and moved to Edmonton almost 10 years ago for school. So you are telling me that you hate me because I am not a stupid Oilers fan?

FYI, I still loath every single sports team in Edmonton - and cheer for every team in Calgary. The only exception might be the U of C Dinos vs U of A Golden Bears - which is neutral for me - considering I attended both schools - and actually attended the U of A for a longer proportion of time.

People can cheer for whatever team they want. To be honest, I have more respect for people who live and die by their hometown team, no matter where they move (ie. people who were born and raised in Calgary and cheering for the Flames no matter what city they end up moving to).

My grudge are the bandwagon fans who move to a city and switch allegiances just because that team is doing well compared to their previous favorite or hometown team.
theg69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 01:06 PM   #80
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Kevin Bieksa. The man has a face made for a punching bag. He always has that angry "I'm tough" look on his face yet he picks his shots willing to only drop the gloves with players that are smaller than him or guys that don't scrap. There is simply nothing worse than a fake tough guy.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
edmonton is no good , go bruins , it was in , vancouver is worse.