Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2020, 10:00 AM   #2721
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
What was too much? They could have reversed the snap, but part of the deal was not to so Tony didn't lose Morgan.

If you mean just generally in regards to the story telling, this was the cumulation of over 10 years of movies. It was suppose to have a huge impact, not be just whist away as though nothing happened.

I agree the snap should have had much higher ramifications (or alternatively been less than 5 years to avoid some of those questions that will be left mostly unexplored (couples moving on only to have their ex show up in the house, older siblings all of a sudden being younger etc.)) but those should have been explored better after Endgame and is not a fault of Endgame itself. I think Spider-Man being a 'light comedy' with the easy "hand-waving" of the impacts was stupid, but again I don't blame that on Endgame.
You said it was too much. I responded as to why unsnapping was way dumber than using the time stone exactly as we’d seen it used multiple times already.

You explaining the concept MCU doesn’t help. I’m well aware of the MCU.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 10:13 AM   #2722
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

But then Morgan doesn't just die, but ceases to exist at all. Along with everyone under 5.

It was very clear why they did it the way they did.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 10:13 AM   #2723
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

I already addressed that. It’s literally the crux of Tony’s sacrifice and a nice little surprise at the end that Pepper is pregnant.
Old 10-05-2020, 10:58 AM   #2724
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Every child born in the universe over the last five years would cease to exist, but as long as a rich man gets to have the only not-dead baby, it's a happy ending.

Well, I was pro-Thanos anyway, so either way I lose.
Old 10-05-2020, 11:10 AM   #2725
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
Every child born in the universe over the last five years would cease to exist, but as long as a rich man gets to have the only not-dead baby, it's a happy ending.

Well, I was pro-Thanos anyway, so either way I lose.
And what about the millions and even billions who will come back and straight away die. Anyone who unsnaps into a wall, into the sky where the plane they were flying on used to be, into the building that’s now demolished and fall to a grisly death, into a world that has no food or resources for them, they’d have no jobs, no families, no money, no homes.

Unspapping people would literally be the end of civilization. Even the post snap world looked way better off without them. Nature was being repaired, electric cars were the norm, Tony and Steve both led comfortable lives, so it couldn’t be all bad. Hulk seemed fine, society seemed to recover well based on the diner scene. But now we’re going to ruin all that to bring back a bunch of dead people and ruin the world because Tony misses Peter? No way.

The snap was bad, unsnapping them would be way, way worse, especially after 5 years.

But those people never existing and no one even knowing they didn’t get born? Yeah, that’s sounds way worse

Last edited by Cecil Terwilliger; 10-05-2020 at 11:17 AM.
Old 10-05-2020, 11:31 AM   #2726
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

I have no horse in this race but the thought of roughly 500,000 people who were in a plane being snapped into existence where the plane no longer exists is horrifying.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 11:34 AM   #2727
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

I could probably watch an entire movie of just the logistical fallout of the reverse-snap.

It would be so grim the MCU would have to contract Zack Snyder to make it.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 12:28 PM   #2728
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
I have no horse in this race but the thought of roughly 500,000 people who were in a plane being snapped into existence where the plane no longer exists is horrifying.
If one can will into existence trillions of souls with the snap of a finger, then I'd think it's safe to assume they can also make sure those people are snapped back into reality in a safe area. What's darker to me is thinking of how many people committed suicide in those 5 years, everyone looked pretty damn depressed. How much would it suck to be snapped back only to find out your wife or parents offed themselves and couldn't be brought back by Hulk?
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 12:59 PM   #2729
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

We saw in FFH that they were snapped back to the exact place and moment (for them anyways) they were snapped out, like mid varsity basketball game.

Good thing they didn’t knock down that school and turn it into a prison or something. Or a waste treatment plant lol.
Old 10-05-2020, 01:03 PM   #2730
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's canon that Professor Hulk willed them back either to where they were if it was safe or nearest safe location otherwise.

But yeah, Hemi-Cuda is right. Think of all the parents who lost their children and spouse at the same time, of course there would be a lot suicides. But in some cases it would just be a toddler left alive after the first snap. There would have been poor/remote parents blipping back into reality only to find the decayed skeleton remains of their young children.

Then of course all the second marriages that would have occurred and now are those people doing polyamory? Divorced? How are assets split? That's assuming the person coming back doesn't immediately kill the stranger sleeping in his/her bed.
Old 10-05-2020, 01:06 PM   #2731
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Hulk didn’t snap, iron man did.

Also, see Locke’s post. Movie or it didn’t happen. Canon is now a synonym for “bad plot hole explanation after the fact.”
Old 10-05-2020, 01:26 PM   #2732
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Hulk didn’t snap, iron man did.

Also, see Locke’s post. Movie or it didn’t happen. Canon is now a synonym for “bad plot hole explanation after the fact.”
Hulk snapped everyone back into existence. Tony snapped Thanos and crew out of existence
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2020, 03:22 PM   #2733
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Right. My bad. I still don’t see how it’s canon.
Old 10-05-2020, 03:23 PM   #2734
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Dune's release has been delayed until October 1, 2021.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 03:50 PM   #2735
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Right. My bad. I still don’t see how it’s canon.
Because God said so.

Which I'm sure will piss you off more because then it seems like Hulk could have done anything at all, like gone back 5 years with Morgan but eh.
Old 10-05-2020, 04:03 PM   #2736
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

I get that you might take this super cereal, but it’s funny to think you’d assume anyone would get pissed off about an interview with Kevin feige.

Also, that’s not what canon means. I feel like I’m repeating myself now.
Old 10-05-2020, 04:09 PM   #2737
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

What do you think canon means?

When the (active) universe creator says something, it's canon...I mean even the usage of "God" was to connect it to its earlier definition of "religious decree".
Old 10-05-2020, 04:13 PM   #2738
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Yeah that’s not how canon works.

This isn’t the bible dude. You’re misinterpreting what that word means.
Old 10-05-2020, 04:14 PM   #2739
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

What do you think it means then? Give me your definition that disagrees with pretty much every other definition available.
Old 10-05-2020, 04:20 PM   #2740
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Ugh. Read the wiki article. Read any number of articles on comic book or Star Wars canon. There a reason the word canon isn’t even in the article you linked.

It is so far removed from the biblical meaning, it’s pointless to even use that as an example. It shows you don’t know what it means.

In fiction, canon is the material accepted as officially part of the story in the fictional universe of that story.

Keyword material. Interviews with magazines don’t make it canon. There’s no material to support this in universe.

Star Wars already went thru this with George Lucas where he was considered god and tried to establish canon via this method and it ruined Star Wars.

Literally what you’re describing is called an explanation of a plot hole. And it isn’t even by the writer of the movie. It’s not canon. Especially when the movies directly contradict it.