Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2016, 12:57 PM   #101
Swift
Not Taylor

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanda View Post
Trying to find a roommate for May with kijiji right now.
I've got one. About 6 ft, 280lbs, slightly soiled. Offering for free. I'll deliver.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Swift For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2016, 05:08 PM   #102
Stealth22
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

TIL that Kijiji has an IM function.
Stealth22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 05:10 PM   #103
Looch City
Looooooooooooooch

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth22 View Post
TIL that Kijiji has an IM function.
Yeah me too thanks to this thread. I started using it and it's great!
Looch City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 05:14 PM   #104
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Still available on Kijiji...

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-art-collectib...ock/1116895752

...and down from 80k Thinking about pulling the trigger.
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OMG!WTF! For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2016, 09:03 AM   #105
woob
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG!WTF! View Post
Still available on Kijiji...

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-art-collectib...ock/1116895752

...and down from 80k Thinking about pulling the trigger.
Those are the kind of sellers where clicking on "View poster's other ads" is a must, just to see what other stuff they're trying to sell. Unfortunately, it looks like just a one-off with this one.
woob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 01:43 PM   #106
Izzle
First Line Centre

Exp:

Bump.

How much of a discount do you guys get off of buying items from Kijiji? I suppose it would depend on the item itself, but do you try to talk down the price by 10%, 15% 30%??
Izzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 01:51 PM   #107
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Depends on the seller.

I know when I list my stuff I never discount it, as it will be listed for what I will sell it for.

I have friends who list stuff for 10-30% over so when they get lowballed they get what they want.
Weitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 01:56 PM   #108
Izzle
First Line Centre

Exp:

I had an item up for $240... and i've got consistent replies between $180-200. The one guy said $210 and immediately said yes.

Just was interesting to see how much of a discount people try to get. It appears that anything else I sell in the future, I'd have to mark up by 10-30%
Izzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 02:15 PM   #109
Hessen
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I just list items at the low price that I'm willing to accept. I'll look at similar items beforehand and price mine lower just to get them sold.

I've had people show up to buy items and offer less. Last week a guy agreed to buy a game for $35, showed up with $25 in hand asking if I'd take that. I said no and was leaving when he magically had another $10 appear.
Hessen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 02:16 PM   #110
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hessen View Post
I just list items at the low price that I'm willing to accept. I'll look at similar items beforehand and price mine lower just to get them sold.

I've had people show up to buy items and offer less. Last week a guy agreed to buy a game for $35, showed up with $25 in hand asking if I'd take that. I said no and was leaving when he magically had another $10 appear.
Someone tried that on me, and when they pulled out the full amount I asked for $10 more or else I was leaving. #######s.
Weitz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2016, 02:34 PM   #111
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

Kijiji is one of the most annoying platforms for selling stuff. You can do it, but you have to wade through all the garbage emails to move stuff.

I sold a minivan on there a few weeks ago. 2014 Sienna limited, fully loaded AWD. Super hard to find, and the ones I DID find were $45k and up.

Listed for $40 (my buyout was $39), and within an hour I start getting

"I'll give you $35k CASH"
"what's your bottom dollar"
"can you please help me I'm a single mother and I can't afford over $35k"

Sold it 8 hours later for $40k to a guy who couldn't get me the money fast enough. I had quite the dialogue with the "give you CASH" guy on IM though. A) cash means nothing to me B) because you're an idiot I wouldn't sell it to you for $45k now C) when I text back hahahahahahah NO you're an even bigger idiot when you send back "hahahahaha good luck you'll never get that" and I sell it moments later for full price.

Have fun driving your dodge caravan you bought from a taxi company "on a deal" you a-hole.

/rant

I sold a pair of discontinued yoga pants on there for my wife a while back and hayzeuss I will NEVER do that again.
Tron_fdc is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tron_fdc For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2016, 02:45 PM   #112
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Meh, it's easy. Just list your price as firm and completely ignore anyone that offers you less than that, and especially the people that try and negotiate a price before even seeing the item
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2016, 02:45 PM   #113
V
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just this week I've sold:

Queen size bed for $100
120' of 5' chain link fence for $700
Tent trailer for $2500
Toy car for $35

I sold all of it for the amount it was listed, and didn't have to go through too much nonsense. One guy emailed me "$1000" for the tent trailer about 20 minutes after I listed it, to which I replied "haha", but other than that, I couldn't have asked for it to go much better.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 02:47 PM   #114
V
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
completely ignore ... especially the people that try and negotiate a price before even seeing the item
Huh, I'm different. If you're going to negotiate, do so before you show up. I'm honest about what I'm selling, so if you want to lowball me, do me a favour and do it before you show up, when I'm entertaining other offers. If you try to talk down the price when you get here you're out of luck.
Old 05-27-2016, 02:49 PM   #115
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by V View Post
Huh, I'm different. If you're going to negotiate, do so before you show up. I'm honest about what I'm selling, so if you want to lowball me, do me a favour and do it before you show up, when I'm entertaining other offers. If you try to talk down the price when you get here you're out of luck.
That just seems odd to me, how can you negotiate on something if you haven't seen it with your own eyes and don't know the condition it's in for yourself. Especially something like a vehicle, or your tent trailer
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2016, 02:54 PM   #116
V
Franchise Player

Exp:

If the ad is honest, and mine always are, there shouldn't be any surprises when you get here.
Old 05-27-2016, 03:02 PM   #117
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Location: https://homestars.com/companies/2808346-keith-my-furnace-guy
Exp:

I know this should be obvious but if someone doesnt understand selling for $ 100.00 firm and shows up with $ 80.00 and starts haggling well I guess they are S O L

Kijiji can be bad yes but for the most part itll never be like Craigslist back in the day.

you put it on Kijiji ...you should expect all walks of people to respond and lowball
EVERLAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 03:03 PM   #118
Dan02
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron_fdc View Post
"I'll give you $35k CASH"
"what's your bottom dollar"
"can you please help me I'm a single mother and I can't afford over $35k"

Sold it 8 hours later for $40k to a guy who couldn't get me the money fast enough. I had quite the dialogue with the "give you CASH" guy on IM though. A) cash means nothing to me B) because you're an idiot I wouldn't sell it to you for $45k now C) when I text back hahahahahahah NO you're an even bigger idiot when you send back "hahahahaha good luck you'll never get that" and I sell it moments later for full price.

Have fun driving your dodge caravan you bought from a taxi company "on a deal" you a-hole.
Your 35k CASH guy is more then likely a sidewalk dealer looking to make a quick buck by flipping it.
Dan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 03:07 PM   #119
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan02 View Post
Your 35k CASH guy is more then likely a sidewalk dealer looking to make a quick buck by flipping it.
I sold a car a few weeks ago on kijiji and honestly I was vaguely suspicious that the person I was selling it to was gonna do that. Except you wouldn't make much. I had it listed for a grand. At the end of the day I wouldn't really care, as I was just happy to get rid of it, but it makes me wonder how profitable it could be for someone who can fix cars cheaply to scour kijiji for budget deals, fix em up a bit and then sell them for market value.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 03:14 PM   #120
WCan_Kid
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
I sold a car a few weeks ago on kijiji and honestly I was vaguely suspicious that the person I was selling it to was gonna do that. Except you wouldn't make much. I had it listed for a grand. At the end of the day I wouldn't really care, as I was just happy to get rid of it, but it makes me wonder how profitable it could be for someone who can fix cars cheaply to scour kijiji for budget deals, fix em up a bit and then sell them for market value.
I've done it a few times. Not going to get rich, but you can pick up a little extra cash pretty easily if you've got some mechanical skills and a bit of free time. A lot of repairs are 90% labor/10% parts and if you like working on cars the time investment is more of a hobby than a cost.
WCan_Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WCan_Kid For This Useful Post: